Well its Friday which means its blue and I'm really pleased to say that Periwinkle foundation card is back in stock!! I had to show this card which was a joint effort between me and Mr ND as he added all the twinkles to the card when finished!
I stared by embossing a square of milk card with the new Creative Expressions 8x8 embossing folder Scored lines. I the repeated the procedure with a piece of Periwinkle foundation card I then cut the opposite triangles out of the blue and glued them over corresponding areas of the milk embossed piece. Mr ND then added Aurora Twinkles to the blue and Decadent Denim to the milk.
This was mounted onto a layer of milk and cobalt foundation card to give a crisp line to the edges of the card.
I then cut the largest square from the Herald Square die set in periwinkle and added a thin mat of the cobalt to make it stand out. I then cut the filigree die from the same set in milk to which Mr ND added some more of the twinkles.
Finally I cut a plain square using the smallest square die in the set and added another square cut in milk however with this one I added the centre filigree section to the mix.
Hopefully you will like our joint effort!
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
New Your Herald Square
CE 8x8 embossing folder scored (not blurred) lines lol
Periwinkle, Milk & cobalt foundation card
Decadent Denim & Aurora Twinkles
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA great card Thank you, I must get this folder. Take care Kitty.
wow very dramatic card john
ReplyDeleteMorning John, wow I like this card, I have just received my embossing folder for this and of course you have given me an idea, gorgeous, love it.
ReplyDeleteHave a great Friday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Love the colours of this card xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, a fabulous joint effort on this card, love the embossing folder, so must get it. It is my birthday soon, so maybe if I drop enough hints it may be here soon. have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, this embossing folder is one I must put on my list, creates a wonderful frame and the duo colours are so effective brilliantly highlighted by the pearls so expertly added by Mr ND. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the Periwinkle blue card. The dies and embossing folders are stunning. You really have got Mr ND crafting. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteStunning card & love tbe two tone effect. My folder just arrived yesterday so might have a play at the weekend.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John, love this Friday s blue card and the combined effort made it into a beautiful card. Have a nice weekend and take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteHi John, just love this card. The blue is beautiful and well done Mr ND fkor participating. You could have him as your glamerous assistant on you next c+C show.
ReplyDeleteLove val x
Gorgeous and well done Ant, xxxxx
ReplyDeleteA fantastic joint effort John!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card,
XxxRuth
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteFabulous card and well done to Mr ND for putting the twinkles on so precisely. I would watch it he could be after your job John lol!
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteYou know I love your Wedgewoody creations (what happened to the sentiment lol?) Love the design and Mr ND's creative input.
Definitely not blurred lines. Marvin all the way for me lol!
Have a great day.
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteFabbie effect! Hoping you will still have some of the lovely periwinkle at the Big Stamping show. Can't wait !!
Lorna D
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA beauty, love this embossing folder, it's at the top of mt need list. Well done on the twinkles to Mr ND.
Lydia
X
Morning John, Beautiful card love the colours and design, thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteJunex (Cumbria)
Love it The embossing folder is a great idea of taking away laboriously scoring by hand - tried it once Never again! Mr ND has done a brilliant job I like that you haven't added a sentiment too Just to say that Blurred Lines is a fav track of mine and daughter's We use it as a warm up track to Cha Cha to at her Salsa class!
ReplyDeleteHi John, this is such a wow card. I love it and I have just got this embossing folder this week. I don't have the twinkles yet, but will get them at Ally Pally. Enjoy your weekend . X Ros
ReplyDeleteMorning John, This is a gorgeous blue and white card, loving all the elements used.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
A really striking card, and so elegant too
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a stunning card. I love how you've mixed the scored lines embossing folder colours up. I do love these dies.
That's lovely. Such a pretty colour
ReplyDeletex
Hi John and Mr ND. This is stunning! You've both changed my mind about that folder...wasn't going to get one but think I'll put it in my wish list!
ReplyDeleteGood morning John,
ReplyDeleteCrikey this getting Mr ND involved in your crafty process is getting serious, you had better watch otherwise he will be pinching your crafty paradise and become a serious contender for designing. ;)
Sorry couldn't resist, because it is nice when your other half takes an interest in what you are doing and between you, you have made a rather pretty card that without the bow i am quite sure you boys would like to receive this. Thank you John and of course Mr ND for another lovely piece of inspiration,
crafty hugs
Norah (glenochil)
Super card Sue, I'm going to the Belfast Craft Show in April, so I hope to get that folder then. Will you be doing an A5 version please?
ReplyDeleteA really lovely card John. The colours are perfect and the embossing folder adds to the angular style. Love it!
ReplyDeleteLovely card John and well done Mr ND. I love that embossing folder, especially for male cards.
ReplyDeleteHAGD, Rose
Hello John and all
ReplyDeleteLovely card. Great layout very pretty colour. I really like the Embossed lines folder and the way you have used it with two colours. Thanks for sharing.
Best wishes
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI love today's card, also the embossing folder you've used.
Lovely card - I would have gone cross eyed trying to put all those twinkles dots on the lines.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLove the way you have used this EF what a clever idea. Your card today is beautiful and enhanced by Mr ND's embellishments, didn't he do well. Love it all. Brenda
Hi John
ReplyDeleteBrilliant use of the embossing folding, a very nice card.
Hugs
T x
What a great design John. X
ReplyDeleteLove your joint effort - I have this EF on waitlist and can't wait to use it but defo won't be cutting into it - me and craft knifes are not very good friends!!! xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a very great creation.
Love the super design of this, and great dots too.
My Great Grandson was born on Tuesday afternoon, so I can relax now and stop worrying.
He was 8lb 10ozs in weight, and they called him Ewan.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
very nice John ,love the addition of the twinkles ,Laura O
ReplyDelete