Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 7 March 2015

Saturday Stamping...

Happy Saturday,

A simple stamped card today that I built up using the elements form the Daisy Corner Elements clear stamp set by Creative expressions.  The other interesting fact on this card is that I used the ornate Pierced noble die set to make the card blank.

To achieve the base card I folded a sheet of A4 foundation card in half and placed the largest die from the Ornate pierced square noble die over the fold so that the cut line is above the fold.  This means that once you run it through your die cutting machine you will cut three sides and have a card blank cut for you.  Next I added the filigree section form the die set to one half of the card and but and embossed this.

The stamped section is made by die cutting the smallest of the square dies from the set and simply stamping, using the separate elements in the stamp set, around the edge.  the sentiment is form the Lotus Flower elements set which has some larger sentiments in it which can make a focal element all on their own!   I coloured the daisies using distress markers in Ripe persimmon, Squeezed Lemonade and old paper.

To finish the card I cut a contrasting layer inn sand foundation card using the largest die again and adhered it behind the filigree, you will have to trim this down a little at the top to make room for the fold.

This would make a great batch card for those who make for charity or to replenish their crafty stash!  I have no issues with people making cards they have made using my stamps however I ask that you don't stamp the images or scan them into computers to sell as images to colour.

Ingredients:
CE Craft die Noble Ornate Pierced Squares by Sue Wilson
CE Clear stamps Daisy Corner Elements set by me!
Khaki & Sand foundation Card
Black Archival Ink
Distress markers

Enjoy...

38 comments:

  1. really classy card john, love the stamps and the dies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW John a real classic. Thank you, take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John and all crafters, another super duper card today, thank you, your smashing.

    Have a great Saturday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello John, love this card very classy, and one I can attempt as I have this die. I will just have to use different flowers but the same colours because I love them. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John,
    What a beautiful card - I must use the noble dies in that way, too.
    Stamps and dies are lovely.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh up John
    This card looked super at the workshop last week. Did the ladies get back to you with their versions?
    Very pretty and works great with your stamps.
    Have great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card John! I think the daisy stamps are my favourite. A lovely card design and so doable for beginners and experts alike. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, looks great.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastic card john, love the whole design!
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John this is a gorgeous card. I love how you have made the card blank. I am now thinking if I can do this with any of my dies. Have a wonderful day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John,

    Stunning card, love the dies being used as just the actual card rather that a decorative piece on top, did that make sense? I hope so lol! I am still waiting for my stamps I ordered them from our local craft shop, they keep saying they have not been released yet but they do have your striplet stamps in!!! Never mind, I am sure they will arrive soon.

    Have a great day

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John
    Another stunning card your stamps are fab u lous
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John,
    A stunner, love it. These dies are going to be my next buy, they look so useful. Love the stamps too.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card John, very pretty.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card The daisy stamps are my favourite closely followed by the scribbled rose and the butterfly .... They are all stunning And as Debra has said a lovely card for beginners and experts alike

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,
    Card is gorgeous, love the stamps they are all you need to make a stunning card and yet you show us again how versatile Sue's dies are, Brilliant!!!
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning John, I have used this technique to make a birthday card for my cousin on the 9th, in plum and white but with the die cuts in the centre makes a very effective card blank, I need to get your stamps, love what you've done with it.
    Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card John and thank you for explaining how to make the card blank out of the Noble die. Your stamps are really lovely. Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning John, a real stand out card so elegant and in the" less is more" category, love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John, a stunning card. Love the stamps and dies.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great techniques here making a super card
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good morning John, as I have been away in Portugal I haven't been able to comment on your cards. I did get to keep an eye on them and as usual they are lovely. Todays has given me inspiration as I have just received this die and now I can start using it. Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello John and all

    Lovely card. Pretty and simple as you say great for batch making. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John, striking card again and love the sentiment and of course the daisies!Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well blow me, I capitulated and ordered your scribble rose set this morning, and here you are, featuring the daisies! Have you used the fern set yet in a pic here? I don't remember one, so I might have to go back and take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card John. Your new stamps sets look wonderful and love all your sayings.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John,
    Gorgeous card, thank you for inspiring me. Love Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John, I love the idea behind this card, as I am a batch charity crafter, and the second reason I have bought half of your stamps ( I couldn't afford all as I got the SB stamps on your show) I will get them St Ally Pally as I am now saving up. The first reason in case you are wondering is I just love the balance between words and flowers. X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John, A beautiful card, gorgeous stamping and gorgeous colours.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello John
    this is such an elegant card. So nice
    love
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello John
    this is such an elegant card. So nice
    love
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful card today John, Love how you have used tha die to actually form the card.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fab card and like you say a great card for batch making - fab stamps too xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the simplicity of this card John. The daisy corner is on my 'essentials' list, I think it's absolutely beautiful. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi John, lovely card, the stamped image is clean and crisp x x x

    ReplyDelete
  36. John fab card ,using fab stamps and dies ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  37. Another gorgeous card,, love the colours and shape

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fab card John so simple yet so affective Crafty regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete