Wednesday, 4 March 2015

Creative Wednesday...

Happy Wednesday,

Its back to my design team spot for Creative expressions and there have been  a few changes on the blog as we have now launched a challenge with prizes.  Click HERE to see the challenge and to enter.  It would be great to see you enter your cards and this months theme is Easter so get your egg shapes out and give it a go.  It';s a great way to win a prize and also showcase your work to Creative Expressions!

Back to today and I thought i could, kinda, get into the Easter theme by using the main element from the scribble rose elements stamp set as its a little egg shaped (can I hear clutching at straws here!)




I have teamed this up with the brand new paper pack from Couture Creations Vintage rose garden.  Now as you know I am a lover of paper and this set is just stunning!

I allowed the paper to make all the backing for what is a simple stamping project.  I stamped the central element form the stamp set using perfect medium onto milk foundation card and embossed it with Detail gold embossing powder from Cosmic Shimmer.  I then repeated the process using the rose striplet stamp, hand cut them out and inked around the edges using Victorian Velvet distress ink (a one of the new smoothies)

I foam mounted the pieces and added a satin edged bow, a dazzler setting with a pearl embellishment in the centre (secured with cosmic pearl PVA) and a couple of pearl sprays to finish.

It would be great to see your cards up on the CE Challenge and you never know maybe win a prize!

Ingredients:
CE Clear stamp set Scribble Rose Elements - by me
CE Stamps to die for Scribble Rose Striplet
Couture Creations Vintage Rose Garden 12 x 12 paper pack
Cosmic Shimmer Detail gold embossing powder
embellishments all from Creative Expressions.




27 comments:

  1. Morning John, a beautiful card today, love it.

    Happy Wednesday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    Thank you a lovely card, Take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John, a really pretty card, love the paper. Have a great day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh up John
    Clutching at straws? More like grasping wildly with both hands hahaha! But that is forgiven so we can see this beautiful card using your terrific stamps. The papers look divine too but if I buy any more the house will become a fire hazard lol!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is another beautiful card John and the papers go so well with your stamps!
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John,
    Another stunner.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and papers I don't own enough CE stuff (yet!) to use for a whole project I have a mixture from all sorts of companies but the CE stash is growing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John,

    Such a gorgeous card, love the design and those papers are fabulous.
    Have a great day

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    What a beauty!!!
    Your cards with your stamp sets are just divine, I hope that you will show all 50 of them!
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John, what a beautiful card gorgeous paper and love the colours !stunning is the right word!! Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card John the colours are so gentle, and the egg shape (oval) very clever, eggstra special ! ....Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John, Oh Wow !! I'm so loving these papers, the flowers are stunning on them, I love your combination of colours, a really pretty card, I love it.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning, wow, these papers really enhance your stamps, or is it the other way round? Either way, I love this card
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning John
    WOW this card is stunning just love it
    Hugs
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello John, I'm loving this card, your rose stamps are so beautiful they just works so well without being too flower,y if you get what I mean, and the backing paper is gorgeous.
    Thank you John for yet another brilliant creation. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Still waiting for my stamps to arrive John, and I really wish I'd ordered the rose set now. Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John,
    lovely card albeit I'm not a brown gingham person, so would pick a different background/colour to team with the CE paper. But love your stamps, and you're not clutching......
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fabulous card, just love the paper in the background, the gorgeous sentiment and embellishments

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello John and all

    Lovely Card. Like you I love the papers and really like the effect of them mounted on the check background. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  20. happy Wednesday to you John, the sun is shining and all is right in my little world. I actually made two cards yesterday as I have friends celebrating a diamond wedding tomorrow and a golden wedding on Friday, the first cards I have made since I moved out of my previous home last November! To make a card for a challenge would be another matter so I think I will leave it up to you at present. Your card fulfils the requirements most admirably with your super stamps and such pretty ribbon. Have a good day, love from Jackie xx,

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John
    This card is beautiful, everything co-ordinates so well to give a really pretty, soft focus effect and the ribbon embelishment is just gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Deb C

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John, I love your stamps and the paper pad which look great together in real life, however the stamped image looks a green colour so going with what's written and trust. X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a gorgeous work of art John, the papers look fantastic x x x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card today-it certainly looks like an Easter egg to me!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fab card and love the papers and the Striplet stamp looks lovely embossed in gold xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card today John, the paper looks really special. Regards, Linda

    ReplyDelete