Thursday, 12 March 2015

Mica & Spellbinders again!

Happy Thursday,

I have reused the same products as Tuesdays card for this one however in a totally different way!

I stared this time by stamping my Skeleton Leaves triplet background stamp three times, using perfect medium, in a row onto Milk foundation card.  Next I dusted three colours of Mica, again from the Garden floral set, over the stamped image.  The mica is so fine and perfect medium grabs so well that all the detail shows!  In real life the background catches the light and shows different colours depending on how you hold it.

I die cut one of the labels form the Spellbinders Labels 42 and stamped the main element form the clear stamp set Fern frames elements stamp set and I chose one of the sentiments from the set to stamp in the middle.  The beauty of this set is that it has really thoughtful sentiments and they are smaller than the rest of the sets so great for smaller cards.  I coloured the ferns using the sky blue acrylic drawing ink which makes them slightly transparent so that the darker blue stamping shows through.

I foam mounted this onto a die cut, in sky blue foundation card, from the Spellbinder decorative elements die set.  Next I added a strip of Grosgrain ribbon, in blue and ivory, over the background that I from mounted on a couple of matching layers.  I finally foam mounted the main element over the edge of the ribbon.

This card is quite large at 21 x 21cm however the focal element is quite small so this could easily be adapted to a smaller card!





Ingredients:
CE Clear stamps Fern Frames and elements set
Skeleton leaves striplet background stamp
Spellbinders Labels 42
Spellbinders Decorative elements 42
Cosmic Shimmer Garden Floral mica set

Enjoy...

33 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    Thank you another beauty. take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, your onto another winner with this card, love it.

    Have a great Thursday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous John, I do love that stamp as a background.

    Have a great day

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. another stunning card for aany occasion, beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello John, this card is beautiful, love the layout as it shows off the stamping. Have a good day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John, Another beautiful card, I received my butterfly and calla lily stamp sets on Tuesday and have been playing with them, as a new stamper I am still learning so have lots of ideas in my head but need to keep practicing. I watched your shows again and I am trying some of your tips which are very helpful. Love the stamps they are gorgeous, thanks for sharing! love Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, your stamps make a beautiful background as well as a lovely topper.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John, another beauty again today thank you. Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eh up John
    Maybe a lighter coloured ribbon for me as its the first thing my eye is drawn to but love the stamped and mica background.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John,
    I agree with Ang, the ribbon a tad too strong. Love the overall design ans the stamping.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree too! The ribbon looks very dark on my screen I wonder what strips to form stripes of Sue's Finishing Touches Bows would look like? Could even mica one to match the stamping ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John
    Another beautiful card
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    Another lovely example of your beautiful leaves
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning John another beautiful example of your stamps though I find the ribbon a little heavy for the composition love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John, I can't make my mind up about this card, because broken down elements I love, the stamps the dies, but the colour doesn't good on my screen. X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card John for either gender I think. it is a really good idea to show how to use the same goodies used in different ways. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. John
    Stunning Card As Always I Love Your Work I'm Just Surprised That You Are Now Using Spellbinder Dies Rather Than Our Sue Wilson's Which Are Truly Terrific.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John, beautiful card again, it's good to see how you can make a different card using the same materials, thanks.
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another beauty showing how versatile the products are

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John,
    Lovely card and thanks for demonstrating the versatility of the products. I'm a bit of a mica addict myself, it looks so gorgeous without being overpowering.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John
    I just love how these cards work, so understated but simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello John and all

    Lovely card. A very fresh clean looking card. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John, A very subtle coloured card today, very fresh and gorgeous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. John, your new line of stamps is stellar. Only wish they were readily available here in the US.
    It's great to see You in the spotlight bringing some fresh, new ideas to the table. Can't wait to see what's next @ John Next Door!


    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John this is a gorgeous card I love your new stamps. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another lovely card with fab mica background - I really do like this skeleton leaves stamp set xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John
    Another lovely card, I must say the Labels 42 dies really compliment your stamps x x x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful background John, a really stunning card. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card John! Your stamps and mica powder were made for one another as the detail shows up wonderfully. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John
    Beautiful card, love how you have created your background using Your skeleton leaves stamp and Mica, Thank you for sharing, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  31. great card ,love the mica and stamps ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete