Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 31 March 2015

Technique Tuesday a triplet Frame...

Happy Tuesday,

First I must mention that I am really sorry but I forgot to say who had won last Mondays card!  The winner was Jacquie who has  a fab blog of her own click HERE to see Jacquie's blog and say hi!

Back to today and today's card is using my fave range of the dies the triplets again hopefully in a new way. The bonus with the Quilted Blocks striplet die from the latest release.  The difference is that I have used the die to make a frame just by reinserting the die.

The way this works is to make a cut with the centre section of the die down one side of a square of card.  Next turn the die 90' inserting the end quilted block back into the one that has already cut (you will find that the die will find its natural home and fit in exactly as the die is fully symmetrical.  next simply cut this long the side, turn 90' and repeat.  The final cut will match up the quilted blocks on both sides to create the square frame.

To make this card I cut another of the dies in the sand col,our mounted it onto the Sky blue and foam mounted it in the centre.  I added a bow and a couple of CE stick pins to one side to finish and then added 8mm cream pearls to the centre of each block.

I made the base for this card during the demo day at Brykley on Saturday and it was made rather quickly I would suggest you take your time as I allowed the die to move slightly in my haste!  The colour combination came from choosing the Sky blue and mistakenly grabbing some Sand foundation card that I thought was milk.  However I love this happy accident and this colour combination which I think looks fresh and elegant!

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Quilted Blocks striplet 
Sand and Sky Blue foundation card
Antique White satin ribbon
8mm Cream stick on pearls.

Enjoy...

32 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    Thank you a lovely easy one today. Congrats to Jacquie. Take care all, Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, oh I like todays card, I have that die but it is still in the packet, well it won't be for long now as I am going to have a go, and the colours are lovely and if you hadn't told us that you used the wrong colour by mistake we would not have known any difference.

    Have a great Tuesday everyone stay safe, healthy and happy, Hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello John, this card is very elegant, and the colour combo is a very happy accident, they do work well together. Well done Jacquie. Have a good day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh up John
    Toady, now triplets lol!
    Simple unadulterated elegance. Splendid!
    Jacquie will be a happy bunny.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love ghis card, the symmetry appeals to me very much.

    Congrats to Jacqui.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a beautiful car again john....love it
    thanks for all the inspiration you bring us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. Congratulations to Jacquie she is a lucky lady. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card John, you are the master of the striplet dies!
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John, lovely card and I am not surprised that you have made the most of this striplet!!the accidentally mix up of colour looks great.congratulations to the winner.Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John, lovely card and I am not surprised that you have made the most of this striplet!!the accidentally mix up of colour looks great.congratulations to the winner.Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this John. Really pretty and i love the idea.
    Love val x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I love this card as well, including the colour combination, I do not have any of the strip lets yet, but onto the list they go! Congratulations to the winner. Hugs to all, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John, I love this colour combination, it looks gorgeous. As I was reading the tutorial, I was thinking to myself that I would probably need to practice this technique a few times before I got it 'right', but the culmination of turning the die has a fabulous effect, I love it.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is an amazing idea I like the fact that the die re-slots back in when it's turned I so need this die now Well done Jacquie too

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John,
    Lovely card, well done Jacquie.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,
    What a lovely card and it sounds like it could be a quickie to make.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning John love this card It is fab and what s lovely way to use the Striplet die xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John
    Another stunner today. Thanks for explaining how to do this card. It seems quite an easy card to make. The colours go quite well together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John, a really nice card, love the colours. X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John
    Fabulous card! I love Sue's striplet dies they are so versatile and I love what you've done. Congratulations Jacquie ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card, and the 'happy accident' works really well lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great idea John, thank you. Congratulations to Jacquie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Struggling to see this today John, as I have the sun shining over my shoulder. It's so cold outside, with the wind, so I'm reluctant to shut the sun out with a blind.

    The card looks pretty, but I'll have to come back later for a proper look.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John. I'm new to your blog and first time commenter. I don't have this die myself but I like what you have created and I agree the colour combo looks good and uplifting.
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John,
    lovely card. I haven't got that die but can adapt one of the centres of the NYers, I love those blocked designs.
    Great colours, too.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fab design John. Great card x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good afternoon John,
    This is a lovely card done in the milk and pale blue. I think this could quite easily be for male or female because of the design pattern and style in which you have done it in. Thank you for another inspiring piece of art and hope that you are enjoying your time back on home shores,
    crafty hugs
    Norah (Glenochil)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stunning card John, love the design and I WON a JOHN card, whoopee!!! Thank you and many thanks for the link to my blog so honored and chuffed! I will e-mail you my address.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  29. It's lovely, soft and gentle colours, but the card could be used for many occasions.
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John,
    ooooooooo! another brilliant creation.
    Love the fab design of this, and what a great idea.
    It's very striking, and beautiful colours used too.
    Congrats to J on her win.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is just what I wanted to do with my striplet die when I get 5 mins. This will encourage me to get a move on.

    ReplyDelete