Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 19 March 2015

A Day Late...

Happy Thursday,

With all the excitement and rushing to be at C&C for 8am to set up I completely forgot my DT card for Creative Expressions yesterday!  Naughty I know so I'm afraid its a day late lol so those of you who pop over to the CE blog will have had a look at today's card already, a day earlier than I have posted it (its a good job Sarah who runs the DT is snowboarding in Italy isn't it?!?)

I used the CE Craft dies by Sue Wilson Bevelled Glass triplet to create this square background using the same technique as I used for the butterfly card last week.  This time I aligned the die so that a square section was left in the middle.  The die lends itself to being repeated in this fashion all I did was to cut the first aperture then line up the long edge against the short edge on each turn, the pictures should help to show you what I mean.

Next I cut a square aperture using an old square die from spellbinders and inked the edges of the piece using antique linen distress ink.  I cut a larger square using vintage gold foundations card (hard it see the gold ninth pictures but the soft colour and sheen really shines through in real life)   I cut a smaller square aperture in the centre of the gold piece and added a further layer with a piece of white cut with a smaller still square.

The centre panel is made from a sheet of the Couture Creations 12 x 12 paper pack vintage rose garden which has the sentiment already printed on it.

Finally I hand cut some of the flowers and a postage stamp from a further piece of the paper pack and foam mounted it around the centre to give a focus.

Don't forget the challenge is still running on the CE blog so there's time to get your Easter themed entry in for a chance to win some Creative Expressions goodies, click HERE to have a look and perhaps throw your hat into the ring.

Off tho the NEC today for a look around, Ive never been to the show before having been living in Spain for a few years till the middle of last year.  I can't wait to see what all the fuss is about!  lol

Enjoy...

27 comments:

  1. beautiful card.....i have this die....another way to use it now...thanks john

    enjoy your day out at the nec, you'll love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    Great card, Brilliant shows yesterday, Dean was naughty helping himself, but great fun. Have a good day today, take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John, a lovely card, this striplet die is very versatile, great shows yesterday. Have a good day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John, oh another stunner today, love it. You will so enjoy the NEC I am sure, it is my favourite show but as I live in Kent and am disabled it is not easy for me to get up there (I don't drive), I was lucky enough to go in November and loved it, I have managed with lots of family and friends help to go at least once a year for the past 5 years and absolutely love it. We want to know your thoughts when you return.

    Enjoy your Thursday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,

    Beautiful card, love the use of the striplet this way makes a lovely frame.

    I was so glad my e-mail was read out yesterday and you got to see my Distress Ink holder, I wouldn't have known as I that show did not record but Ang e-mailed me, I won't say anymore lol!

    I am surprised you are not doing a stand at the NEC, I have never been unfortunately but would have loved to go. maybe the next one towards the end of the year.

    Have a great day and look around.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh up John
    And there was me keeping quiet about you going to the NEC so you didn't get mobbed lol!
    Love how you have made the frame with the Striplet and yes this was on CE blog yesterday but I don't mind seeing it twice as its fab!
    See you later.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card. Using the striplet die round the page gives a different look-one I shall attempt to try.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning John this is a gorgeous. I love how you have used the dies. Your shows were brilliant yesterday. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John, love the card and how you have used the dies. Have a great day, WILL get to visit a craft show one day, when I get to retire. lol. Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John, another lovely card and the use of the striplet is really good Have a nice day at the NEC have never been to it as I am still living in Spain ( nearly 20years now) ,but will one day manage to go while visiting my children who live in London. Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane. Where about are you. Anywhere near Torrevieja?
      Val (in Spain)

      Delete
  11. Fantastic Joh , you have really shown off these dies so well!!
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John. Well I'm back after my cataract op. Love todays card. The bevelled glass die is beautiful and has so many uses.
    Love yesterdays shows. Sadly the postage is too much to have the units sent to Spain. You're becoming quite a regular on our screens-it's great.
    Enjoy your day at the NEC- you lucky thing.
    Love val x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a lovely card Not got this Striplet (yet) It went down my Need list when there was the C&C offer of Sue's new Striplets last month It's now back at the top! Enjoy NEC Will be nice to go as a customer and not be working I am surprised though that they haven't roped you in! Say Hello to Mrs Duck and gang from me x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning John,
    Beautiful card. Hope you enjoy the NEC.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card John, just watching the shows from yesterday, xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,
    Card is lovely and I enjoyed your shows yesterday.
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John, I love this card, perfect for anyone, just change the centre piece. Thanks
    X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John
    This card is lovely. Hopefully you could use any of Sue's striplet dies for this one. Although I do have this die.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning John, well you will be at the NEC by now so I hope you and Ang have a lovely day out. I must find this die, it's in the box somewhere, as this style will be ideal for men's cards, love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well worth the wait John! A very clever and beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab card and again love how you have used the Striplet die and liking the look of these papers too - managed to order your Skeleton leaves Striplet stsmp yesterday so looking forward to having a play when it arrives - enjoy the NEC - I have been to a few shows (although not there) and find you get jostled around and makes it not so enjoyable but hopefully that wont be the case for you - although I guess you may be fighting off a few fans!! xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is beautiful John. The bevelled glass striplet is my favourite, so elegant. I love all the elements of your card and the lovely colours. Enjoy the NEC.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Jim,
    Love today's card, you had to use my favourites Striplet die. Love the colours you've used as well, this card really sings to me. Have a good day, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning design, John,
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card John. Love how you used the striplet die. Would never have thought of using it that way. Great man's card which are so hard to do. Thanks for sharing and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  26. fab card ,love the positioning of the die ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete