Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 6 March 2015

Blue Friday...

Happy Friday,

Well thought I would go back to showing you my favourite colour on a Friday and I love this card.   Again it one of the demo's I did last Saturday and there is a whole range of techniques on this card.  I have been asked loads this week about the stamping on acetate so hopefully this will answer those questions!

I started by stamping the Butterfly Striplet stamp onto acetate using perfect medium.  I use Creative Expressions heat able acetate which is designed to allow you to heat emboss it!  Make sure you take the static off first with an anti static bag as acetate can cling to the powder.  Next I added cosmic shimmer detail silver embossing powder and heat set it by gently moving the heat gun ensuring I don't overheat any area.

Next I cut an aperture, using any of the straight edged border dies from Sue Wilson's triplet dies for Creative Expressions.  I stuck the acetate behind this aperture to make a window.  The background is made by brushing 2 shades of Mica powder over a piece of card with a piece of double sided adhesive stuck to it.  I mounted, with from tape of course, the aperture over this.

I die cut 2 of the butterflies from the Creative Expressions Magical Butterflies set in foundation card onto which I stuck more of the double sided adhesive sheet.  I then removed the top film and brushed more of the Mica over them.

This leaves a level of Mica powder on your craft sheet so I turned this into a mica ink pad by spraying water over it and picking the colour up using a piece of cut n dry foam.  This makes a mica Ink pad which I then used to stamp the bubbles and butterflies over a piece of card cut the same size as the aperture (i used the resultant piece form cutting the aperture)

Finally I stamped the main element from the set in detail silver embossing powder, matted it with the same sky blue card and adding a matching bow.

A complex list of instructions hopefully you can get the gist from it!

Ingredients:
Butterfly Dreams Elements Clear Stamp Set
Butterfly Striplet stamp
Magical Butterflies die set by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions
Garden Floral Mica Set
Cosmic Shimmer Detail Silver embossing powder

The winner of this weeks card giveaway is Ita please send me your address to Lockers@live.co.uk and I will post it tho you!  Another giveaway on Monday!

Enjoy...




43 comments:

  1. Morning John, another really lovely card today, I am loving your stamps as well xxxx

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    Thank you lovely card, take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John,

    Loved this one on your shows its a beautiful card made with fabulous techniques

    Have a great day

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John, this card is really beautiful, absolutely love the blue of the background, and the stamped acetate is gorgeous. Have a good day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. Thank for explaining how clearly you stamped on the acetate. This is another technique I will have to try. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    that's my favourite card from your shows, it's simply gorgeous. Must invest in some heat-resistant acetate.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card today-live it.

    Congrats to Ita on winning one of your lovely cards.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John, Wow Wow Wow !!!! I love this card, I remember watching you demo this, a brilliant idea using this gorgeous striplet stamp on the acetate, and those fabulous 'bubbles', I love it !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw this one on your show, it's a stunning card!

    Carolyn B

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this card when you demoed it John , it is really beautiful,
    XxxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John. I can comment again as we have finally got our internet connection sorted! Love this weeks cards and todays is beautiful, I love the blend of blues on the background.
    Congratulations Ita, enjoy the beautiful card : )
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John,
    A great card showing lots of techniques, just beautiful.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you John for such a pretty card, as everything is so pretty about it.
    crafty hugs
    Norah (Glenochil)

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow wow wow really pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the instructions Another must try Apart from the Striplet stamp(s) (on my Need List) I have mica etc

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John
    WOW stunning card it is beautiful -love the colours
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eh up John
    This is a stunner and demoed excellently last week.
    As Leonie would say. . . . . beeyoutiful!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John,
    It's a beauty!!!
    Love the use of acetate and the colours.
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John, wow what a stunning card today absolutely gorgeous!! Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow John this is fabulous love the silver and blue together and you have used my favourite stamp. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning John, Stunning card love the colours and stamps, Love Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John, really enjoyed your demo of this card last week so thank you for putting the details here of how you created the panel, love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is absolutely beautiful John, love the shades of clue you have on it and really like the look of the two panels. Butterflies look so delicate and lovely. Gorgeous card as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. that was meant to say 'blue' not 'clue' lol sorry

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another lovely card and great to know how it was made.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous card John, saw you demo it on C&C & thought it looked fab. Thank you for the tutorial, I'm sure I'll be having a go at this before long. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  27. fab card ,don't know where i have been this past three days ,no where and I still have not seen the last few blogs ,will have to give myself a slap ,haha great cards John ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John
    Fabulous Card
    Hugs Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello John, this is such a beautiful card love how you've use the Striplet die, and your bubbles are just perfect they add interest without detracting from the main topic. Take care John Hope you're having a good day, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  30. beautiful John; stamping on acetate is scary because of the static but you have given me a reason to try with your lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John, great card but out of my league. X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello John and all

    Lovely card. I really like the layout and colour. Thanks for the acetate tip.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi John

    A lovely card, I've never tried mica on sticky sheets on acetate before. Perfect for your lovely striplet stamp.

    Congratulations on winning the card Ita x

    Hugs

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  34. John, I absolutely love this card. I saw you demo it and all the tips and techniques you shared were wonderful. This stamp set is awesome. Looking forward to when I can get my hands on this one as I live in Canada. Thanks for posting this card on your blog with all the written details. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi John
    This was/iis my favourite card from last weekends shows. It really is beautiful. Striking. Live the acetate.
    Lots of love
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. I loved this card when you demo'd it in C&C, and was amazed at how many different techniques you included that day. It is a stunner
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi John
    Funnily enough I was just watching the recording of the show where you demoed this card, totally gorgeous, I like the way you do your bows x x x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Saw you demo this and loved the techniques and finished article - love this Striplet stamp too - it's on my wishlist xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lovely card. Lovely color and beautiful stamps.

    ReplyDelete