Saturday, 21 March 2015

Saturday stamping...

Happy Saturday,

\Well today will find me stamping all day! and die cutting, layering, making stick pins and all the usual things I am known for as I am doing another demo day for the Strikes garden centre chain up north.  Today I set off at 6am to be at the Northallerton click HERE to see the address and details.  I will be demoing the latest range of Creative Expressions craft dies from Sue Wilson as well as some of my stamps and my usual array of Cosmic Shimmer products.  I have put a couple of new pots of glitter flakes and some Iced snow in the car so there's bound to be a little Fire and Ice!  If you are in the vicinity pop in between 10am and 4pm to say Hi!

Back to today and quite a simple stamped card for Saturday, again from my shows at the end of February I promise some new creations on Monday!






This one was made using my Lotus flower elements set (a favourite of Mrs Duck) I stamped the main flower from the elements in Black archival ink on a strip of coconut white foundation card at the top left and bottom right.  I then coloured them (and shaded them too which is a rarity for me lol)  using a shaded lilac distress marker.  All I did to shade the flowers was to outline the petals leaving areas white.

I then added the sentiment from the same set by stamping it with perfect medium and adding detail black embossing powder.  I then shaded around the strip using the matching distress ink and a smoothie.  Finally I made up the card as shown using a panel embossed with the heart lattice embossing folder shaded with the shaded lilac again and a seam binding bow added along with some stickpins and a large pearl embellishment.


Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Clear stamps lotus frames and elements set 
Coconut white and Vintage silver foundation card
Shaded lilac distress ink and marker
CE Heart lattice embossing folder

Hopefully see some of you later today, I will add a full list of my workshops and demo's to a new blog page next week!

Enjoy...

36 comments:

  1. Hi John. Thank you,lovely card Have fun today. I'm glad you enjoyed the NEC, it is a few years since i've been. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really pretty card john, love the colour, and the stamps are just stunning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning John today's card is gorgeous. I love the stamps you have designed. Have a great time today I bet you will be very busy. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning John, hope you have a lovely day up north, the A roads are lovely if you have the time. The card is beautiful, set off by your fab flower die. X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eh up John
    Yes indeed, my current favourite of the Stamps by John Lockwood. And, a card in my favourite colour too so its a marvellous creation for me today.
    Safe travels matey and happy demoing!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello John Everyone's right - your stamps are gorgeous Today's card is lovely It's all the intricate details of the layers that makes it all so Wowser I really must think more about adding more mats to my cards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty John. Have a good day.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card John!
    Hope you have a great day "up north" , it's a fantastic place to be!!
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card-love the stamping & nice colour.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John, a lovely card again today great day up North.Enjoy the weekend. Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John, stunning card today, love it.,

    Have a great Saturday whatever you are doing, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John, a lovely card again today great day up North.Enjoy the weekend. Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John
    another stunning card, love the sentiment - have a good day
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John. The last three days cards are all great, Thursdays striplet one is lovely. I like the way you used the striplet . Yesterdays sympathy card is beautiful, I wouldn't have thought to use that blue but is gorgeous. And todays is a very pretty card, the lotus flower is lovely. Hope you enjoy your demo today at Strikes. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello John, a lovely creation today, brilliant layout and stamping. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card , the stamp and colors perfect .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning John,
    A gorgeous card, love it all, your stamps are beautiful.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous colour combo and love the lotus flower

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another great card John, Wow, your life has changed dramatically since you moved back from Spain. Good for you, I'm glad you are having so many opportunities now

    ReplyDelete
  20. A gorgeous card, John,
    Lovely design, super stamping and such a pretty colour
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card John. I just love your stamps with the sentiments. Still trying to find a supplier in Canada. No luck as yet but have requested them from a few suppliers so who knows. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John,

    Gorgeous card, this is one of my favourite stamps of yours too, one I have on order at the moment.
    Hope your workshop goes well, have a great weekend

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John
    Another gorgeous card. I love the Lotus flower and the verse. Hope you have a great day up North.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John, beautiful card love the Lotus stamp and the sentiment. Thank you for sharing. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John
    Lovely card, you're stamps really are divine.
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John

    Very nice, huge bow, stick pins, the stamps look nice on the panel instead of the usual shapes we put them on. Not sure if my phone is doing the colours justice though!

    Hugs, T x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John hope you arrived home safely. I was one of those lucky enough to be at your demo day at Strikes. I came for an hour at 10.00 and stayed all day. What an inspiration you are and the cards are second to none. I am now deliberating over the machine purchase. Looks like a teal purchase will be made!!
    Thank you again for such an entertaining day, I shall look for your next appearance on the box and I am definite convert to Creative Impressions x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely, yet again. How about doing an ugly one for a change?
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this card and the 'shading' too - hope you had a good day demoing xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John, stunning card, love everything about it, thanks. For your inspiration.
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hope you had a good day at Northallerton John, wish I could have been there. Another beauty today, lovely colours and a fabulous stamp. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sorry John,
    for the late comment, just remembered I hadn't left one. Love the shading and stamp, embossing folder - in short... the card.
    Have a great day in Northallerton, I'm sure you'll get tons of fans..
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete