Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 5 March 2015

Spellbinder return...

Happy Thursday,

I realised as I was taking pictures of this card that I hadn't blogged anything made with spellbinders for ages so I thought I should!

I love the multi layering you can achieve with the labels sets and labels 42 has 2 sets that accent it allowing you to make multiple frames and tags.

On today's card I have gone very simple with layers of the dies cuts and some simple stamping to create the focus.  I started by cutting the largest die from the Spellbinders Labels 42 decorative accents set.  I then stamped a few of the smallest sized daisies from the Daisy Corner elements set around the edge of the frame. Next I added the sentiment, from the same set, using Black Archival ink.  I then placed the piece back in the die and inked around the die cut using squeezed lemonade distress ink using one of the new smoothies.

To make the frame I used the same die however I added the second largest die from the Labels 42 set to create a frame.  I cut this in Sand foundation card and matted this onto a layer cut with the latest of the plain labels 42.  I foam mounted, at an angle, the stamped panel using foam tape over the frame adding a strip of white seam binding behind.

To make large card I matted a couple of layers of Sand and Khaki card with the largest being 21 x 21cm.    I added a panel, matted again in the darker colour, embossed with the quilted flower embossing folder and added Pearl PVA glue dots to pick out the pattern.

Finally I added a messy bow and a dazzler setting, the dazzler setting has been filled with pearl ova which looks like it is set with mother of pearl!

I hope you have enjoyed this trip down the spellbinders path for a change.

Ingredients:
Spellbinders dies
Labels 42
Labels 42 Decorative Accents
CE Clear stamps Daisy Corner Elements set
Sand and Khaki Foundation card
White seam binding, Cosmic shimmer pearl PVA & Dazzler settings.

Enjoy...


32 comments:

  1. Morning John, I really like todays card, it screams out elegance to me, must have a go at this one.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, what a beautiful elegant card today, I love the colours you have used and yes the Spellbinders make for a lovely change. Please please do a video tutorial of how to make your messy bows, mine are a disaster! Luv to all, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, A very elegant and classy card to day, love it all, love the soft colours too, I do keep looking at Labels 42 as it is so decorative. Its on my wish list lol!

    Have a great day

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John, a very classy card today, love the soft colours, great to see these dies getting an airing. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. another really pretty cards john

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this card and the colours are lovely xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card-very classy + elegant.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card John and the colours just work so well with the design,
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pastel colours John, lovely card, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    Lovely card, very subtle colouring and loving the stamps.
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John,
    Gorgeous card, love it all.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous elegant card John.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty and Yes it's nice to see a spellbinder die I will have to investigate Labels 42 as I don't own a set of labels dies

    ReplyDelete
  15. PS I like how you've used your stamps on an angle instead of square on

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,
    I love these colours together, makes a lovely card. I love the simplicity of it and of course, with the EF by Sue Wilson one cannot go wrong! Is spring here now?
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eh up John
    Love the elegant simplicity of this one.
    Less, is definitely more.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John, a gorgeous and elegant card love the way you have used your stamp must get these dies love them Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi john, I have just bought these dies alond with half of your dies, now I see you are going to show us lots of ways to combine the two. Thank you X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very elegant, and shows another way to use your stamps.
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning John, yes it is very easy to move on to all the new things and forget other items we have so it is good to see the marriage of spellbinders with yours and Sue's items albeit I know that labels 42 are new ones though I'm sure others in our collections would work just as well. Very pretty colour combinations, love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the way your die cuts seem to echo the embossing John. Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Morning John, Beautiful cards yesterday and today, love yesterdays papers and the colours in todays card. Love your stamps. Both stunning! Bye for now!
    Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Morning John, A beautiful, beautiful, card, lovely colours, gorgeous die-cuts and stunning stamping. Gorgeous !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card - no surprise there.
    Happy thoughts,
    Petrina

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello John and all

    A lovely simple card. A great demo of how a small focal point can make a large card. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  27. A gorgeous delicate card, love the colours and design

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John, What a gorgeous card, the colours are so subtle. This To me is a really elegant card. Love it. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a sweet, gentle card - and I love the message.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is goegeous and love the dies and the colours xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely card John, Have a nice evening
    Maria x
    ps anyone here seeing Julia W
    on Saturday ?

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John
    This is a very elegant card, I must say labels 42 dies are lovely x x x

    ReplyDelete