Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 13 March 2015

Friday is blue...

Happy Friday,

Once again it's a blue Friday and today's card is a selection of different techniques.  I have used Die cutting, layering, stamping and well as PVA embellishments!

I stared by die cutting the Bevelled glass triplet (without the outside cutting die) form an A4 piece of white hammered yardstick.  I then rotated this twice so that I made a rectangular background.  The die lines up perfectly to allow you to repeat the pattern.

I then stamped the butterfly dreams triplet in black archival ink onto the same yardstick, make sure you press hard so that the image is crisp on the hammered card however the rubber stamps that come foam mounted form Creative Expressions are great for this!..  I then cut to the image by hand and inked the edges using stormy sky distress ink and a smoothie.  I die cut a sky blue mat using the outline die for the bevelled glass striplet set.

Next I die cut the whole of the striplet in the white and added it to a piece of the sky blue cut, again, with just the outline die.  I lined these up and added from tape to the back and mounted the piece over the die cut background.  I added white pearl PVA dots on the stamped background using the dots on the stamp as a guideline and stamped the main element form the Butterfly dreams clear stamp set.  This element I inked the same and again added the PVA glue dots.

I made up the card as shown and added a messy bow in seam binding and a dazzler setting into which I had put more of the White PVA pearl which gives a mother of pearl look to the setting.

Unfortunately the card got marked during on e of the demo's I did on Create and Craft along one side however I did want to show this and also show that we don't lawyers get it right and mistakes happen to all of us!

Ingredients:
Butterfly Dreams Striplet rubber stamp
Butterfly Dreams elements clear stamp set
CE Craft dies by Sue Wilson Bevelled glass striplet die set
Cosmic Shimmer White Pearl PVA glue
Dazzler settings
Stormy Sky distress ink.

Enjoy...

30 comments:

  1. Morning John, stunning card today, love it.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy everyone, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    A beauty in Blue, thank you. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John,
    This is a stunner of a card - I LOVE it.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John,

    Gorgeous card, love the design, so beautiful Oh I am sure the lawyers will love it too tee hee! Sorry could not resist!

    Have a great day

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello John, a beautiful card, showcasing your lovely stamps and Sue's dies, one of my favourite colour combos too. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning John your card is gorgeous I love the design. It is shame that it got damaged thank you for sharing it though as we do all made mistakes. You could do it as a giveaway I'm sure someone would like to own it. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning John, These cards are beautiful, I love this stamp. Will be adding this one to my Ally Pally have a shopping list.
    Thank you for shareing, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eh up John
    Glad you mentioned about that stain as at first I thought it was my screen, then I thought you were trying to make a design statement lol!
    What a shame this has happened to this splendid card. The colour is wedgewoody and great design.
    Love how you have rotated the triplet on your yardstick without involving the lawyers!
    I will see you in about an hour and introduce you to spell check hahaha!
    See you soon.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  9. another one of your beautiful cards, really pretty and elegant

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card today. I was a but concerned to read "lawyers" but guess you have auto correct on when you type, at least I hope thats it!!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card John, love the colours and the whole design, beautiful!
    I ordered the butterfly elements stamp set and it came this week, I am very pleased with it , the detail on the butterfly is really pretty and I love the bubbles! Have had fun playing with it and am sure I will get a lot of use , the sentiments are great.
    XxxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is dreamy! My favourite things - blue, butterflies, gorgeous sentiment Love it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John,
    Wow! a lot of work to this card, it's gorgeous.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    What a gorgeous card, loving the colour!!
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John, a stunning card, my fav striplets die, so I'll be having a go at this card for sure. Thank you X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John, Beautiful card shame about the stain, thanks for sharing,
    Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely beautiful John but such a shame it got spoiled, love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John
    Stunning I Love The Soft Colours I'm So Very Pleased Your Using Sue's Dies Once Again.
    Hugs From Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John

    I think (deep breath) this is my favourite card that you've made, layering the striplets witb a matted panel is just genius and looks AMAZING! The colour choices are just fabulous and the font on your stamp matches the style of the striplet perfectly. The inky smudge is a shame but for me it's an every craft session occurance (lol) but asjde from that this is a stylisb, highly accomplished card and I think they are absolutely stunning!

    Hugs

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John, beautiful card, smudged or not, i'd have it in my collection any day of the week, love the shade of blue you are using, thanks for the inspiration.
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card John - these stamps are really nice. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John
    This card is so lovely. I haven't as yet watched all your demoes that you did on C & C yet. However, it's nice to see that all the makes that the demonstrators do aren't always perfect. We seem to forget that you are mere morals as well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is absolutely fabulous, love the design and colour

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John even with the mark it is still a very beautiful card, the bevelled glass striplet die has to be one of my favourite's the background you created with it is stunning x x x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John, a bit later than usual to react but what a great looking card again, love the colour and the use of Sue's dies and your stamps.have a nice weekend and I am looking forward to your next beauties!! Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John, A gorgeous, gorgeous, card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning is an understatement for this card John. The colours are beautiful & I love the way you've used the striplet. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John
    This is a gorgeous card. So pretty! It's lovely to see an outing from an older die. You used the Californian background recently and it was like seeing an old friend! I love the striplet dies. Just the perfect size. Have a good weekend, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  29. This card is truly gprgeous, such a shame it got marked but then I suppose with all the tooing and froing from C&C something's will get damaged - luv it though xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete