Sunday, 29 March 2015

Something Different Sunday...

Happy Sunday,

I had a lovely time with the lakes from Brykley Garden Centre yesterday and once again ended demoing far after the time I was supposed to finish!  The ladies asked to see some interesting techniques and demos so there should be a few new bits popping up along with some different colour combinations!

Back to today (not Toady I hope) and something different, as you all know I have been playing with MDF and the stunning new papers from Craft Consortium and this is a scrapbook cover or page I made using some of our MDF pieces mixed with the papers and as much Cosmic Shimmer as I could throw at it.  Now I am not a messy crafter and would like my style to be seen as quite classic however I did really enjoy getting messy and covering a whole page!





I covered the main piece in a couple of torn strips of the Bird Treetop Large paper and stamped around the edges with my Daisy Striplet stamp.  I then added dots of Gold PVA Pearls in the centres of the flowers.  I aged the edges using a smoothie and Dusty Concord distress ink.

Next I covered an MDF heart with golf drop pare, stamped the edge and gilded the whole piece with enchanted gold gilding wax.  I then added a piece of cream crochet ribbon and sealed the whole piece with the new Cosmic Shimmer glue and seal.  This allowed me, when dry, to gild the crochet ribbon and make it match.

I added the MDF cut words Think Craft piping think with Gold PVA and rubbing the gilding wax over the craft.  This gives a similar shade but different textures.

Finally I added some ties of ribbon with teardrop beads from Sue's new stick open elements set on the ends of the ribbon.  A couple of rolled roses cut with Spellbinders set 4 and a coup,e of pearl stick pins.

Hopefully this isn't too bright for a Sunday morning and you will all enjoy this little trip into MDF.  Back tomorrow with a demo card giveaway and instructions on yesterdays card!

Enjoy...

37 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    Thank you a very interesting card so much to look at, it is lovely. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh up John
    Yes I am up at this potty hour to watch the GP. This is a beautiful book cover and is even more so in real life (the crystal beads are a great touch. . . wink, wink!)
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. really different card today, beautiful......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John, Beautiful scrapbook cover, love the papers, I wouldn't feel confident doing this much inking! Still practising! Thanks for sharing, love Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful book cover John. Have a good Sunday even though its an hour shorter.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous book cover! I love all the distressing and gilding. The striplet stamp looks brilliant. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning John you have made a fantastic cover for your journal it looks beautiful. It sounds like you had a wonderful time yesterday. I hope you have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John, A very interesting and beautiful card today love the combination of the colour and materials. Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello John, something very different today, all the elements combined make a lovely book cover. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John, on this wet Sunday morning - you have cheered me up with this wonderful book, just stunning.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely craft project, very different to your usual style but it's great.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this John..fantastic effects!!
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John, These are definitely 'my colours', it is beautiful.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Jon,

    Not too bright at all its gorgeous, lovely effects.

    Have a great day

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John,
    Very shabby chic!! Colours are gorgeous and your stamps look brilliant!
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John, lots going on with this scrapbook cover, love it, the colours and different materials. Although I am not into scrapbooks I do appreciate all the hard work and design that goes into them. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John,
    love the scrapbook page. Like Linda, don't do them myself but appreciate the work that goes into them.
    It's not bright at all, but very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning John, such a beauty today, I am not into scrapbooking but I do appreciate a work of art when I see it.

    Happy Sunday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks gorgeous and I love the minute details eg the beads on the end of the ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John. Friday's card is gorgeous, I love Sue's new embossing folders, especially this one. yesterdays demo card is lovely, I hope you had fun at the garden centre. And today's card is also lovely, something a little different for you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John
    Wow, this is certainly different. What a stunner. Yesterday's girls were so lucky. Look forward to seeing the instructions for yesterday's card tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning John,
    One word needed here. Stunning.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Not too bright for me John. I've never used MDF on my cards, but there is always a first time, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this, so stunning! Happy Easter x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just love the papers, your project is certainly stunning, a perfect work of art .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow John, what a super project and such a beautiful colour palette, love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. A fabulous scrapbook cover/page. Love the paper and different elements and techniques you've used x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John
    What a fabulous project why is it when I do 'messy' crafting it turns out MESSY but yours looks amazing? X

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John

    Love it x10! This is exactly the type of thing I like. I like messy a lot, sometimes I like it to look messy/ grungy and sometimes I aspire the look to be like this. Those papers are just beautiful and I neeeed them NOW!

    Hugs

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Amazing project John, the different elements come together beautifully. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your work is just so stunning John and today's post is simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John, So pleased you enjoyed your day yesterday, what a treat for the ladies - you staying behind after your time. You really are a star.
    Love today's scrapbook cover. Lots to take in, it is gorgeous. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi John,
    This look real fun, like to see it live one day
    Have a nice evening,
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Really lovely I like this style of vintage. xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love, love this and then e paper looks lush - just love it all xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow amazing make. I love it! X

    ReplyDelete