Wednesday, 29 August 2018

Autumnal Lantern & Video.

Happy WEdnesday,

THankyou to everyone who tuned in over the last 2 days for my Hochanda shows.  There were so many emails in to the show Im sorry of yours didn't get read out but they are really important to me!

I thought I would share some inspiration today for the Large Lantern as well as the instruction video.



Ive had so many problems uploading the video so I hope it works, it does on my PC but that doesn't mean anything sometimes lol!


This sample is made using Kraft card which I had added a crackle finish to using chalk paint and crackle medium.

I then added leaves using my Gerbera Daisy leaves which have a lovely autumnal feel when curt from shaded Kraft card.  I added Izink dye based ink in tea, honey and walnut over the card randomly before cutting the leaves out.  Using a hot glue gun I added the leaves over a bow of burlap ribbon.

I then added acorns ( from a huge stash on Amazon) which I dry brushed with gold lustre paint.  I finally added some thread to give an ethereal feel to the lantern.

Enjoy...

25 comments:

  1. Hello John, the shows were superb, great demos, and awesome dies. Love todays sample. Have a great day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lantern is beautiful, John.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely project, very autumnal.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shows Great items Great lantern you’re showcasing today - brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shows and new goodies John.
    Just love this lantern.
    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the shows John! Congratulations!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful John, caught the first show and still to catch up on the others. You must be so happy, will chat soon, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lived the shoes John, ordered everything. No idea how I will store it, my craft room is full to busting now. Just an idea John, hows about Alphabet Dies, just to give you something to think about.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John
    I have ordered the dies and can't wait to get started. The samples were amazing and your demos were so informative. I have been trying to watch your video but it is only lasting a few seconds. I am not very good at techncal stuff so I am probably doing something wrong. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John, still cant get the shows so i will have lots to wstch when i get home. looking forward to the video, also purchased the cracker die yesterday too.

    beautiful sample today, love the acorns too.

    stay safe, healthy and happy june smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awsum shows John loved the crackers I would never be able to pull one of those beauties
    All the demoed were great enjoyed every minute thank you John love june Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John. I did admire this lantern when I saw it on TV and love your idea of dry brushing the acorns with gold.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John,
    Love the lantern and the cracker die is clever too.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello John, I still have a couple of shows to catch up on but your Proper Cracker and Lantern are fabulous! What a great few days it has been, starting off with attending one of your Workshops at CUL in Charlwood followed by your TV shows too! Don't usually start Christmas cards until middle of October but with my new JL goodies can't wait to start!!
    It was great to meet you again, hope to see you again down this way before too long!
    Lesley S x







    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John this lantern is stunning and as you said on one of your shows so versatile. I am not surprised that there were sell outs. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John, The shows were just amazing,and the new dies are breathtaking. You deserve all the accolades you get,you are truly inspirational to everyone. Thankyou.Stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm loving your lanterns. You must me part engineer. Such beautiful samples on your great show on hochanda. Well done John.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello John,
    Your shows and dies were fabulous but your video is lousy ha ha. It last all of 10 seconds and shows nothing apart from the Christmas Tree Die which has been coloured. I know you said on TV that down loading videos was a nightmare.
    love Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved the shows and the proper cracker die is wonderful. The samples were so beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh dear just realised that I haven’t left a comment. I looked this morning and, like Maureen, tried to watch the video but no luck. Anyway I am here now. The lantern is gorgeous. My dies have been despatched so hope they arrive soon and I can get making. Thank you John for such amazing dies. Take carexxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello John,
    I’m following all the best people!! I have posted before but it went who knows where! So I shall try again!! Third time lucky! Today’s lantern is gorgeous! This is such a good Die Set - all year round use. My granddaughters would love making this or the smaller version!
    Many thanks,
    Love Nyra xx

    ReplyDelete