Friday, 17 August 2018

Northern Lights...

Happy Friday,

Final scene  card for the week this time using the deers in black against a Northern Lights style of sky.

For the background I sprayed a piece of watercolour card with water and then sprayed on the Izink Dye sprays which have a marvellous intense colour.  I then threw on rock salt which reacts with the ink removing it in places and leaving sections that look like rust stains.  I really felt when finished this would make a perfect northern lights style sky.


I simply cut one of the deer scenes dies in black and placed this over tying bakers twine around the bottom and adding a poinsettia stamped in white onto Teal card and shaped.

Ingredients:
Izink dye sprays ( mix colours)
JND Deer Scenes die set
JND Poinsettia Stamps
JND Poinsettia Die

Enjoy...

21 comments:

  1. Hi John
    I'm so glad to be back in the craft world again, after having had 5 weeks in hospital following emergency heart operation.I realise I'm not able to make cards yet.I have such a lot of catching up to do with new Christmas ideas etc. Love your scene cards.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, another beautiful creation, the northern lights look is stunning. thank you for sharing.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John.
    Thank you a very nice card.
    Have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John, a fabulous background for this card, love the way the colour of the poinsettia ties into it. Have a good day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colours John, great card, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning John lovely card the colours are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your background really does look like the northern lights and sets off the deer/stag dies beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    oh my word this is so stunning and gorgeous.
    Beautiful work with such very stunning results.
    The colours look so amazingly beautiful and that scene is ace.
    Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John
    Great card, fabulous background.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John,
    Beautiful card, love the background.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card John, I love your Northern Lights background, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! The sky is amazing. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A stunning card John. Love the sky. I only have the purple Izink dye spray at the moment but will have to get more I can see. Take carexxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful, John. I love your Northern Lights and the blue poinsettia.
    Hard to believe its Friday already. Have a great weekend.
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John. What a really impressive Northern Lights background. It shows off the deer foreground very nicely. Love the blue poinsettia - what a statement.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John, Northern lights definitely,and the poinsettias look awesome in that colour.Stay healthy and happy.Lots of Love Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello John,
    You've produced another show stopper!!
    love Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this especially the Northern Lights.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John this is a stunning card I love everything about it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete