Thursday, 16 August 2018

Glittering Scene...

Happy Thursday,

Another scene card today this time a lot brighter than those shared so far this week Today's card is made using the glitter foam from crafts Too which shows how different a card or die can look when you change the materials used.

I simply cut the deer scenes die from white pearl card and added this over a square of the Green Glittrer foam trimming the die cut to size.

I matted and layered this with black and red adding a wide border of embossed pearl card to make a small square card.







I cut the poinsettias in red glitter foam using gold brads to hold the layers together.  I arranged these in the corner of the card over the Swirl Ivy die cut in green glitter foam.  The foam makes a really nice 3D flower whilst maintaining the shape when crushed.

I finished with a sentiment cut in green card ( the die is really too intricate for the foam) in the opposing corner.

Ingredients:
Crafts Too Glitter foam Red & Green
JND Deer Scenes die set
JND Festive Sentiments Die Set
JND Poinsettia Die
JND Swirl Ivy die set
Crafts Too Merry Christmas Embossing Folder.

Enjoy...


22 comments:

  1. Morning John, a great card, love the traditional colours of the glitter foam, if you can't have glitter for Christmas, when can you have it right? Have a good day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card John. The glitter foam is really nice. A Christmas card without glitter, isn’t a Christmas card.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's gorgeous John, and lovely that the glitter won't shed. I hate glitter that gets all over everything! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Striking poinsettias!
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card John. Have already got some red poinsettia already made so part way to making this card. Thank you. Take carexxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John, yes I like this one, very christmassey colours that tick all the boxes, especially the lovely green glitter card too. You get my vote xx

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John
    A lovely card, great Christmassy colours. I’m liking the glitter foam.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning John lovely glittery card just right for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card John, love the traditional colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John, Very festive,colours are great and I must check out this foam.Stay healthy and happy,Lots of Love Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello John,
    This card shows that it doesn't matter if we use bright, black or white card, your dies are perfect.
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John. I just love all the scene cards you have been posting lately. I like to make this type of card for Christmas as they look as if you have spent a lot more time making them than you actually have.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John this is a stunning card I just love those dies. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello John,
    We have had a week, well almost , of truly lovely cards! Whatever colours are used they are beautiful! So many favourites!
    Many thanks,
    Love Myra x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful I am very intrigued to see this foam “in the flesh”

    ReplyDelete
  17. Marie P. from Longridge17 August 2018 at 10:48

    Good morning John. A beautiful card and those poinsettias are fantastic. I do have some of the red foam glitter card with adhesive backing and only yesterday used it to cut out a 5 word sentiment which ended up in the bin after I'd struggled with it for nearly an hour. I've used it for poinsettia and it worked well. All of your cards are beautiful John. Thank you for sharing.
    Marie P.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning John,

    Just wish I was half as talented as you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have not seen glitter foam here in the states. As usual, the English have beat us to a nifty craft product. Love all your inspiration and your card is a beautiful Christmas glittery wonder.
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete