When is gold mirror card not so brash? when you cover it with embossed vellum which is exactly what I did for the background of this card. I teamed the background with my Snowflake Lattice die using white in the dei cut to soften the gold snowflakes.
I started by embossing a piece of vellum then spray glued this to a sheet of gold mirror card which keeps the glow of the card but softens it.
I then cut my Snowflake Lattice out of white card and then gold card using the smaller stitch outline die form the set. I rotated the white die cut and adhered this over the gold one. The die is designed so that you can build up different patterns or large snowflakes by rotating the cut . I then added a further piece of vellum behind this and added the panel to the card with foam tape.
I then simply added a set of the Sea Tags and matching sentiment mixing the gold and white together.
Ingredients:
JND Snowflake Lattice die set
JND Star Tags die set
Crafts Too Snowflake embossing folder
Enjoy...
Morning John, a very classy card, love it. Have a good day everyone. Bx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John. I know what you mean about gold mirror card, it can look a bit cheap, but covering with vellum changes it completely.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Lovely card, very classy & elegant.
ReplyDeleteMichele
I love the effect of the vellum, John. Great card.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card. Love the embossed vellum on mirror card.
B xx
What a lovely effect, John.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John, oh this is much better in the gold and white, I like this very much indeed, it is amazing what can be done with your dies.
ReplyDeleteI do hope you have been playing with the goodies you purchased recently, and are going to share what you have done xx
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
The gold is stunning but I love them in any. Colour gold is very classy for special dates thank you John
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxxxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteI do like the vellum over the mirri card.
Lydia
X
A gorgeous card John. Good idea with the gold and vellum. Must try that. Take carexxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, This is really beautiful,and such a clever use of vellum,love it.Stay healthy and happy.Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Love the fact that this card is a bit more simple than yesterday's. What an interesting idea you have come up with for the banners.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
That is gorgeous I love the idea of softening the mirri card with vellum because let’s face it we all went mad in the early days for mirri card! I have stacks of the stuff which I rarely use these days
ReplyDeleteI love the way you’ve used 3 flags as a neat focal point
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteOh I really like this one! I hadn’t used Mirri card for years and then it came back in vogue but in different Ways! I like theVellum idea very much indeed. The Flags are great! I won’t mention Poinsettias again until I receive them! Honestly!!
Love Myra x
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous, love the look of the embossed velum over the mirri card, it takes away the brashness - just as you say.
Don't believe Myra, she never stops talking about Poinsettias, ha ha.
love Maureen x
Hi John fabulous card lovely idea to soften the mirror card with vellum it looks great
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card John and I too love to see the vellum over the gold. Actually I also love the mirri card no matter what colour it comes in.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your talents.
Marie P.
Simply beautiful.
ReplyDeleteStephanie K