Monday, 13 August 2018

Stags in the Snow...

Happy Monday,

I feel I should name this week scene week as all the cards I have prepared for this week seem to use my Scene Dies sorry!  There again I know a lot of you have them so inspiration may be useful!!

I thought I would start with a white on white which I know if difficult to see sometimes but I just love the depth of this card.



I started by embossing a piece of white pearl card with the Craft Too Snowflake embossing folder.  I then cut along the outer line of embossing at the tip and bottom and added these panels to either side of a square of Acetate.

I then added one of the Deer Scenes die cut behind this with foam tape and backed it with Crafts Too white glitter foam.  It really does feel like the deer are on a true snowy background!

I made up the  card with layers of white card with embossed panels to keep the texture and interest.

I cut the remaining foam ( this all comes form one A4 sheet) into 2 sets off my poinsettia die and made up the flowers with a pearl brad in the centre.  I arranged these in opposing corners with bows of medium white satin ribbon.

Ingredients:
Crafts Too Snowflake embossing folder
Crafts Too Snowdrops embossing folder
Crafts Too Glitter Foam
JND Deer Scenes Die
JND Poinsettia Die


Enjoy...

27 comments:

  1. Morning John, oh I like today's sample, great way to use that embossing folder too, and yes I have that one... will have a go at this especially in the white on white which is beautiful.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    Thank you a lovely card.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW John, I’ve got all the ingredients for this, so might try to emulate it. I don’t suppose it will look anywhere near as good as yours though.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you’ve cut away the embossing folder to create a frame. Lovely!
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John

    White on white creates such elegant cards and this is no exception, beautiful just beautiful.

    Heather R Oxfordshire

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John.
    This creation is just so beautiful. And after reading your instructions, I'm very much wanting to have a go at recreating it myself. I've no doubt it won't be near to as good as yours, but I still might try.
    Hope you have a good day everyone.
    Hugs to all. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful just beautiful I love how you’ve cut into the embossing I just know I wouldn’t be able to achieve such a clean cut however sharp my knife of scissors were!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card John I love scenes this one is great thank you John
    Love June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John, Absolutely beautiful,must try this foam it looks lovely.Stay healthy and happy.Lots of Love Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card John. I don’t have that embossing folder so I can see another trip to The Art of Craft being made. I did buy the foam on Friday though so have got that. Take carexxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John, a stunning card, beautifully designed with those wonderful dies and EF, I love the white on white so striking, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely! I, too, like the depth you achieved in this design. Great scene card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John. What a really lovely card. Just my thing. Plenty of depth and sparkle.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John this is a stunning card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card today, John. You can have a Scene Month and it would be fine with me. I love deer on cards....always a peaceful look which is one to aim for these days.
    Have a great Monday,
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super card John xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello John,
    What an atmospheric, stunning card, it's beautiful.
    love Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello John,
    I’m a day late but my granddaughter came for the day yesterday and then we went out for dinner so although I Pinned the card I forgot t comment! Sorry!
    It’s a beautiful card .I love the depth you have got in it .
    Thank you,
    Love Myra x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card, this would really have to be for someone special!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete