A little busy card for today but I really do like the effect even if it is a bit bust with flowers! I wanted to post this card as I had so many requests yesterday at Phil Martins shop to see how this was made I thought you would call like to see it!
I started by cutting the tacit done into a piece of coconut white foundation card then used the other dies in the set into periwinkle and wisteria adding a final layer of the white.
I matted and layered the centrepiece onto cobalt, white and periwinkle adding a layer embossed with the tartan trellis embossing folder.
I cut the foliage form the star flower die in wisteria, coconut white and cobalt. next I stamped the shaded nasturtium stamps to die for in perfect medium on pixie powdered paper and heat set this with detail white embossing powder.
I cut these out with the matching die in the striped nasturtium die set. I arranged these around the Tahiti die cut adding the swirls from the starflower cut as mentioned. I added pearls in the centres of the flowers and around the die cuts.
as said busy but its really effective in my opinion.
Enjoy...
Morning John, I think it is gorgeous and love the colours you have used.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Gorgeous card today John. Love these colours and the flowers work well. All in all a great card.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.
Happy crafting.
D xx
Morning John, a pretty floral card, love the layout. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card I love the way you have done the layers. Great effect.
I had a full card craft weekend managed to get 65 Christmas cards done and lots of die cutting ready for more.
Back to babysitting our two youngest grandchildren today. Might let them help with getting the Christmas decorations out. That is or they will be playing with all the musical ones in for a fun day lol.
Enjoy your day
Maggie
Hi john
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw x
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a very Pretty card.
beautiful flowers.
take care and have fun Kitty.
Gorgeous card John
ReplyDeleteMarion S
Lovely card. Thank you for the lovely demos yesterday at Phil's new shop.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Morning John, oh lovely, I am not sure if I have all of the dies but I know I have at least 3 of them and the tartan ef looks fantastic on here.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning John and crafters all
ReplyDeleteYes busy but pretty card today, The Nasturtium flowers look lovely, another go to die like the poppies and poinsettias.
So good you have a great craft day at Phill's new place.
Love and crafty hugs to all
Tina T xxxx
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. No wonder so many people asked how it was made. It sounds like the Open Day went really well. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John. You were just finishing a card like this when I managed to get anywhere near you yesterday so I saw you embellishing, you were mobbed!SueL x
ReplyDeleteA really beautiful card. It was great to see your cards "for real" yesterday John and everything you showed us was so helpful. xx
ReplyDeleteLovely card,very pretty.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card.Thanks for all the tips and demo's at Phil's yesterday.
Jan
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card.
B xx
The flowers look great ( not sure you can call them nasturtiums if they're blue!). I agree with Hettygarlick, nothing like seeing your cards for real as we did on Saturday too. Hope you had a great day. Can you relax a bit today?
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John, great card, love the colours. Sounds as if a great day was had by all yesterday. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteHi John, a lovely card and great colour combination, I don't think you can ever have too many flowers.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Lovely card John. Love the flowers. Xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card.
Lydia
X
Busy but beautiful John, awesome design and colours, Kate x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, the flowers are gorgeous and love the colours, hoping to get some more Christmas cards finished today.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Beautiful card John.Love all the flowers!
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, and though we didn't comment on it yesterday it was lovely to meet you and see all the cards you had made. Sorry I didn't get to say bye, but you were working very hard.
ReplyDeleteHave a happy day
Hugs
Helen x
Hi John. I have to agree that it is a busy card today, however, as the business is limited to 2 places and balanced out by plainer areas, I don't think it is too much.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Very preety this card John the layout is lovely
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxxx
A bit flower heavy for me but I love the rest of the card. It sounds as if you had a great day yesterday.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Very intricate, John, but very lovely too. Many thanks.
ReplyDeleteOh so pretty John. Love the colour and the flowers.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteLike First Edition pads, handbags and Roulette Doritos, one can never have too many florals 😆.
It's a stunner.
Ang x
Good Morning John wow that is quite stunning Im so glad you had such fun yesterday even though it was so tiring. Take care, hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteThe card is gorgeous, love the colours
June x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteit's a busy card but not TOO busy. I love it, colours are also wonderful.
Hugs, Rose
Not too busy for me it's a gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing it. Sounds like you had a busy weekend.
ReplyDeleteIt might be a bit busy but it is so effective I love the wisteria and periwinkle together
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a brilliant card and such a very lovely design
I love the wonderful colours and thsoe flowers are so pretty.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
John this maybe busy but it gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLove the colours and the dies you have used.
This is absolutely perfect.