Another Christmas card as we are getting very close to the main event, meaning theres not much time if you haven't got those cards finished.
I wanted to show this card made using the 2016 Christmas Angel die rotated to face different directions.
There is a simple way to make this die cut go in both directions by cutting it in Funky Foam, the funky foam ( or EVA if you prefer) does not emboss and cuts the same on both sides meaning that it is very difficult to tell which is the correct way.
I backed each angel with heat emboss acetate and painted cosmic shimmer dirs clear glue over the back in weaves adding different colours of Oilseed silk glitter in turn. I used sharer and rose gold for the body and shirt and silver chrome for the wings.
Hopefully there is something in this card you can take for simpler ones I think I might repeat this on a few of my simpler cards which I have yet to start!
Enjoy...
Morning John, a gorgeous card and a great idea to cut it in crazy foam, must try this with different dies too.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteVery clever to cut out of funky foam - card always shows that you've turned it over. Beautiful card. Busy day today as I still have loads of cards to make some Birthday cards too!
Have a great day.
Happy crafting.
D xx
Hi John, this card is really lovely, great idea with the foam. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John.
ReplyDeleteMarion S xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card thank you, and Thank you for the tip of cutting foam.
Have a great day Kitty.
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card today. I love the way you have done the Angel on this card.
With the lack of time I've had this year, I will be having to buy Christmas cards. Am hoping to get hand made cards done for close family and friends.
Enjoy your day.
Maggie
Hi John
ReplyDeleteStunning card.
Jan
Hi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a very gorgeous design card.
I love everything you have done to create this wonderful and gorgeous card.
Very stunning and wonderful background you have created too.
Such a very good idea about the technique for the Angels.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Hi John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteLovely card and what a clever idea using the funky foam. Actually just been using it making shadow boxes using the DCWV lights you had on a few weeks ago.
Love and crafty hugs to all
Tina T xxxxx
Great card & a very useful tip re funky foam.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John. Great idea with the foam, will certainly try this one. Lovely card. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteLike this idea which looks so effective. I still have cards to make too.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Good morning John this is a stunning card. I love how you have reversed the die it is so lovely to have things facing each other. I must give this a try. Thank you for the inspiration. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteYou clever cookie finding out about cutting both ways, gorgeous, xxx
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Very clever idea John. Card is stunning. Xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, Truly beautiful !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
What a great idea to use the funky foam, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful.
Lydia
X
Good Morning John a beautiful designed card today, love how youve turned the angel around. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Great idea to use the foam. Cards all made and I have to start writing them this morning before the school fayre this afternoon. Paracetamol at the ready!! SueL x
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John, love the angels
ReplyDeleteMorning John, lovely card and what a great idea to use the foam to make the angels.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John,
ReplyDeletelovely card. Good idea about the foam. I've yet to use my angel, but also still have a lot of Xmas cards to make.
Hugs, Rose
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card and thanks for the tip about funky foam. I love this Angel. Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Morning John, oh such a beautiful card today with the twin Angels, I can relate to this being a twin myself, never used funky foam will have to have a think about that one.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Great card and a good tip using the foam. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card. What a brilliant idea to use the funky foam. Though I think the ones I have left from when my grandson used it are all bright colours so maybe I need to shop - again - lol.
ReplyDeleteAs its now December and cards all made a while back and almost written now I will have forgotten all the Christmas ideas by next year. Will have to make myself a note to start looking back when I start again with the Christmas makes in the early summer.
Happy day to everyone
Helen
Brilliant idea John. Just been cutting angels but before I read your blog. Will try later. Need to help Granddaughter with some birthday cards later. She won't need much help, if any, but means I won't be at home to get on with my cards. Thanks for sharing John.
ReplyDeleteLovely card John.
ReplyDeleteI have been working on my Christmas cards and using this Christmas Angel 2016. You are brilliant to come up with the idea to cut the angel out of foam to get the angels going in different directions! And another brilliant idea of yours was backing the angel with acetate which I know you had to hand cut and then color. Wish I had thought of this before starting my Christmas cards. Your card is gorgeous. I learn so much from you. Thank you for sharing your card ideas and techniques. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteHi John. What a lovely Christmassy card today. Thank you for sharing the idea of cutting the design in funky foam, I would never have thought of that.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful and serene card
June x
Beautiful card, John - thanks for the tip about using foam.
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteWhat a great tip! I couldn't understand how you had managed that! A really lovely card.
Many thanks! Myra
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteThat reminds me to dig out my funky foam die cut Christmas decorations lol!
I've never been sure about the Angel dies but love the design.
Ang x
Gorgeous card john x
ReplyDelete