Happy Saturday,
I'm sure as the last shopping day for Christmas most people will be out shopping today as its any first stray off for quite a while I can promise I won't be braving the crowds toady!
I thought I would share a royal purple card today ( I believe Purple was considered royal as the die was the most expensive and so was reverted for royalty?!?)
This card also makes use of the purple violet pixie powders I coated a piece of watercolour rad with pixie powder and then spritzed it with water before adding another piece of card to take a print and to smooth out the colour.
I cut the Tahiti die in the amethyst card and cut the successive layers in still pearl and the pixie powdered paper. I layers these to with double layers of foam tape to show the definition. The final layer is cut using the noble double pierced square dies.
On the pixie powdered paper I stamped the matching shaded nasturtiums in perfect medium and heat set them using silver shine detail embossing powder. I cut these with the matching die, shaped them and added them onto a spray of olive branch die cut in steel.
A few layers ( as always with me) of the amethyst and steel and finished.
Enjoy...
Love the card. I was taught that purple was the royal colour as it was the most expensive dye and we can't both be wrong!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day off.
Happy crafting.
D xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWOW what a real royal card.Simply Gorgeous.
Jan
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteWow this card is very regal. so lovely, Thank you.
Take care have a good day off. Kitty.
Morning John, a gorgeous and very regal card.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day off its well deserved.
Nancyd xx
Morning John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteWhat a stunning colour very royal and regal just love it!!!!!
I will only go to the supermarket for bits today, don't do big store shopping,
Love and crafty hugs to all
Tina T xxxx
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the colours. Enjoy your day off today. We are visiting family. Have fun. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, love todays card, very elegant
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA very regal card, I love purple. Enjoy a relaxing day off.
B xx
This is gorgeous. The silver detail embossing powder on flowers gives a real wow!
ReplyDeleteI'm not shopping either.
Jan
Northampton
Morning John, oh yes a real regal card today, and it looks like a crown within the die doesn't it.
ReplyDeleteMy sons PC is not working, only got it in May so looks like we are going to have to take him and it back to the shop to see if they can repair it, I certainly didn't bargain for that today.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Very regal John, you might be in line for an MBE in the New Year Honours List for this piece of work haha.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Beautiful card, really lovely.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Lovely card in a lush colour. I must be mad, after yesterday's gridlock around here, M1 and the dreadful happening in Borrowash, my friend and I are having another crafty day out going up the M1 to Chesterfield. SueL x
ReplyDeleteThis is fabulous, John. No shopping for me either. I need to lace a large cross stitch picture for a fire screen!
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Right royal card John love it bery foggy in the north today xxx
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxxx
Fabulous card John, love the die
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John another beautiful card this morning, the colour choice is gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxx
ReplyDeleteFab card John. Colouring is lovely. Xx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Very regal card. I am with you nothing will tempt me out today. Enjoy your day off. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteWonderful John, xxx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteThat's obviously why I like purple, it's my Royal genes lol!
Purple✔ elegant✔ Tahiti✔ florals✔ so its✔✔✔✔ for me.
Not sure it's the last shopping day before Christmas as I'm sure there's a few fellas will be out and about this time next week lol!
Ang x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA very dramatic and rich card.
Lydia
X
Hi John, this card is just perfect, love it. Bx
ReplyDeleteAwesome card - love the colors. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteThe colour is a bit too "royal" for me but the card design is fab. But colour is always a personal choice so please don't be offended.
Hujgs, Rose
Very Royal looking card John. Lovely.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
This is a very WOW card John, thank you for sharing
ReplyDeleteJune x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWow and wow again, this card is gorgeous.
I love these dies,also love the pixie powders.
Enjoy your time off
Maggie
Hi John. I see what you mean - this card does look really regal. Stunning.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Lovely card and thank goodness for internet shopping especially at this time of year!
ReplyDeleteLovely card, great colours.
ReplyDeleteT
Beautiful and Regal card. Love the colour. Thank you John for sharing this. Was foggy here this morning and is back again tonight.
ReplyDeleteLovely card john xvery regal x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
I love this one. It's absolutely gorgeous!
ReplyDelete