Happy Friday,
I guess I miscalculated as I had planned to show the simple cards I made for Friends and family for the last Christmas Friday which I thought coincided with Christmas Eve!
Therefore tomorrow I will show the simple cards I made this year and so I have given this card its day on the blog I thought I had posted it but I can't find it!
I added the retro mask ( from the Christmas range by That Special Touch) to a piece of card covered in double sided adhesive sheet. I covered the mask with perfect medium so that it didn't stick to the adhesive. I added mulled wine gilding flakes onto the adhesive through the mask and scrubbed off the excess.
I removed the mask and added white microbeads over the remaining exposed adhesive.
Next I cut the outline form the snowflake die into this "background" then cut the reminder of the dies in the set in antique gold and bright white alternately
I finished with a spray of the foliage from the Christmas rose die set covered in microbeads and gold mica flakes . A bow and a muse token ( by Tim Holtz) and finished.
Enjoy...
Morning John, a gorgeous card love the gilding flakes and the micro beads.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a lovely card Take care and have fun Kitty.
Good morning John what a beautiful card and the design is beautiful
ReplyDeleteI love the colours you have used.
Have a lovely day
Debs Cards xxx
Hi John, I really like this card and the design. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteStunning card, have to try this technique with the gilding flakes.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Gorgeous card today John. Definitely haven't seen this one before. Looking forward to seeing your simple ones tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.
Happy crafting.
D xx
What a lovely, classy design.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Lovely card ,very classy looking.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card again today.
Jan
Lovely John, Merry Christmas to you, hope you have a nice quiet day, bet you cant stay out of THAT room xxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteLovely card today, These gilding flakes give such a warm look to the card in sharp contrast to the white micro beads.
Looking forward to tomorrow's simple cards.
Love and crafty hugs to all
Tina T xxxx
Hi John, great card, look forward to the clean and simple ones tomorrow. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteHi John. What a lovely card to finish off the Christmas display. I look forward to seeing what you came up with for your quick cards tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteWow a stunning card today its gorgeous.
I plan to start my Christmas cards early next year will be looking back on your blog for inspiration.
Looking forward to your simple cards bet they aren't as simple as you say though knowing you.
Have a great day, we are off shopping later wish us luck ...
Maggie
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGreat card.
B xx
Good Morning John its amazing what that mask looks like with gilding flakes it really pops of the paper. Love your card. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning Johnm,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card.
Lydia
X
Beautiful card John, looking forward to seeing your quick cards. Marion S x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John. Must try that technique. Xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Stunning card John love the beads thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxxx
Beautiful card John.
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a stunning card. I love it. Have a wonderful day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, Fabulous !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John, lovely card. Keep them coming.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
A very classy card. x
ReplyDeleteVery elegant I've usually come a cropper trying this technique Perhaps I'm being a bit stingy with the PM I will have another go
ReplyDeleteAfternoon John, Sorry I am late today, had lots to do this morning, even buying a new washing machine and then when we got it home it was so damaged hubby had to take it back and get a replacement, all working now though.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a beautiful card, I love it and am going to try this one in the New Year.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith XXX
Oh John, I LOVE this card. It's BEAUTIFUL.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Rose
Hi John a lovely card which deserves its day in the spotlight. Looking forward to seeing the cards you have made for family and friends
ReplyDeleteWendyx
John i am so pleased the card has it's day on the blog.
ReplyDeleteIt is stunning and would be a great shame if it had been
missed.
I absolutely love everything about this card
Love card John and no I do not remember it having been posted before!
ReplyDeleteLove Nancy x
Morning John
ReplyDeleteWe are being spoiled today with an abundance of gorgeous cards, thank you!
Merry Christmas and a very happy and healthy New Year...
June x
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteAs you know, I have this mask but have yet to use it ....... wish I had on some of my Christmas cards as it looks fab on this gorgeous card.
Ang x