Happy Tuesday,
I know we use Gold a great deal for Christmas but to be honest that and silver are colours or shades that I use all year round. Whilst I know it is soon Christmas I wanted to show an alternative way to use gold card that doesn't look like a leftover from the festive period.
U stared by cutting the linear elegance edger central die 4 time down a piece of antique gold foundation card rotating the die each time so that it faces a different direction with each cut. I mounted this over a piece of coconut white foundation card which I had cut the edges using the smaller looped edger die from the same set.
Next I cut the first three dies in the Fiji set in coconut white and backed this with antique gold. I then cut the third die form the Bora Bora die set in gold and added this with the next die in the Fiji set cut in white. The great thing about the pacific ocean set is that each set of central dies in a different design and size across the 3 shape sets ( the pacific Ocean islands)
I mounted this over the centre of the background so the central pattern is visible through the centre ( well its a waste to make a nice background and fully cover it!)
I finished with the three striped nasturtiums cut solid in gold and open petals in white. I arranged these over a spray of the SW Ivy die and added Olympic gold PVA in the centres of the flowers and around the background.
Another layer of gold cut with the final edger die in the Linear elegance set and a few layers of gold and white to frame the piece.
Enjoy...
Morning John, a beautiful card and no gold isn't just for Christmas.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA wonderful really elegant card today. Love the gold.
Jan
Hi john
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw x
Hi John, a really gorgeous card, I love using gold and silver on my cards all year round too. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, oh what a fantastic card to wake up to today, never have too much gold, this is the type of card that any colour would go with. You do know that my list of cards to make is growing longer by the day (but I am not complaining).
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove the card. I don't have a problem using gold and silver all year round. Sometimes they are the only colours that will look right. This card could be done in so many different colours but the gold is fabulous.
Have a great day.
Happy crafting.
D xx
Absolutely stunning card John.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card. The gold looks great.
B xx
Good morning John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteHappy Tuesday to you!!!!
Stunning card, yes gold and silver are the if in doubt colours to use. I use lots of shades of gold and silver from pearl and mirror card and not only for Christmas 🎄.
Love and crafty hugs to all
Tina T xxxx
Hi John. Great card, agree gold is for all the year round. I really need that nasturtium die, (Santa if you are listening) it is so versatile. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, very classy.
ReplyDeleteMichele
The card looks great, John. It's very effective to use the striplet in this way. Craftroom needs a big sort out today!
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Stunning card John. I too use gold and silver card throughout the year. Marion S x
ReplyDeleteMorning John, great card. I also use gold and silver card but tend to use antique gold card as it is a bit more subdued.
ReplyDeleteWendy x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card today, I love it.
I'm trying to be good and not get more dies but might succumb to this one. I do have some of the pacific die sets but not the edge sets
Enjoy your day
Maggie
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteThere's nowt wrong with festive leftovers as a Yorkshire Lad should know 🍗(nice with a bit of pickle) lol!
Terrific card. I do use gold and silver outside of Christmas but usually on anniversary type cards. May have a rethink after seeing this beauty.
Ang x
Gorgeous card John. Agree with others, gold and silver can be used at any time. Xx
ReplyDeleteHi John. I use gold and silver all year round also. Beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteSueL x
Hi John this is a stunning card. I love using gold and silver and yes all year round too. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John, A very beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Morning John
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful and elegant design. Love the colour combo too!
June x
Good Morning John a really beautiful card today the die cut layers are just stunning as is the colour choice. hugs Shirleyxxx
ReplyDeleteIt's no good, I am going to have to buy the Pacific Ocean dies as I don't think Santa will oblige! This is a gorgeous card, John. Like Ang, I tend to use gold and silver card for anniversaries.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Beautiful card John.
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, love it.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card and would still be lovely with a little bit less on it. And like quite a few people, gold and silver aren't just for Xmas in my house! Gold and black being my fav.
Hugs, Rose
Stunning elegant card John love itthank you
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxx
Hi John. What a lot of layers on today's card - you are certainly getting your money's worth out of the dies. Having said that, the card does not look too overcrowded, you do have to look at it closely to notice all the detail.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Fabulous card john x love the gold and I too use it all year round usually on those really special occasions x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Love the card John. I use gold all year round as well.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Good afternoon John,
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely card flower which i think could actually be used for either sex as i know that some men do enjoy flowers as well and the colour is so soft is the gold that it looks expensive and stylish. I have the gold card if that's a start to me being able to make this beauty but it will need to wait a while until i also get the dies that make it as they are sadly lacking in my crafty stash at the moment( you notice i say at the moment ;D ). Thank you lovely man for all the beautiful projects that you have brought for our eyes to feast upon, as you and the lovely Sue bring such beauty to us each and every day even if some of us can't actually make it in, we do appreciate your workmanship. Wishing you all the very best this Christmas flower and i hope that you have an even better 2017,
with love and crafty hugs
Norah (Glenochil Village)
Beautiful card John. I also use gold and silver all year round and thus would make a lovely Golden Anniversary card. Ok John you have persuaded me that I need these dies. Know I won't get them for Christmas so have ordered them. Might as well treat myself. Have been pondering for a while but seeing today's offering I decided to go ahead and order. Will try them out after Christmas. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteForgot to say goid to see you Norah. Have a lovely Christmas.
ReplyDeleteAh but this is a lovely soft shade of gold It looks beautiful all year around as this card shows I have a stack of - dare I say it - mirri card that I don't seem to use now Those were the days hee hee!
ReplyDeletePretty card. As you say, gold and silver card is for any time of the year.
ReplyDeleteT
John this is stunning and i totally agree about gold and silver being used all year round.
ReplyDeleteI love how you have layered this one and the lovely flowers.
Lovely card I watch you religiously on hochandaand I save all your demos you're such an inspiration. X
ReplyDelete