Happy Thursday,
The last sample, for this week but Im sure a few more will pop up in the coming weeks form my Autumn range of stamps. I thought I would show the same card idea done 2 ways for today its a really simple stamping project that hopefully has a great impact!
For the first card I masked off a square on the front of a card piece using low tack tape ( the tape I use for securing my dies) Next I shaded from bottom left to top right using Adirondack pigment inks using a mini smoothie. The colours ombre as I used varying shades, terracotta, Sunset Orange, Peach Bellini and Lemonade. I then stamped the tumbling leaves, in watering can archival, across the top before removing the tape.
Next I stamped the oak leaf solid stamp in terracotta tumbling down the page. I then outline this using the matching outline stamp in jet black archival ( the dark colour needed the strong black)
Finally I added the sentiment across the bottom from the Autumn Wreathe elements clear set over a panel I made using the same technique with masking and shading. The great thing about using Pigment Inks tis that the are slower drying and so blend well. A couple of layers of the dark cocoa and finished.
For the second card I did all of the above stages but missed out the background stamp which makes a simpler, but no less effective, card
Enjoy...
Morning John, two beautiful card's today xx
ReplyDeleteBoth gorgeous, xxx
ReplyDelete2 stunning cards
ReplyDeleteLove them both
Carol
Two beautiful cards John. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteHi john
ReplyDeletetwo beautiful cards thanks tracyw x
Love them both. Just beautiful. Thanks John.
ReplyDeleteD x
Morning John, lovely colourful cards today, reminds us that Autumn officially starts today (well from a weather perspective so they said on TV last night)
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning John, two very elegant cards today love them both.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hello John, both cards are absolutely stunning, love the ombre effect with the masked panels. Watched you doing this in your shows recently and thought I must do a card like that. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the twofer's, they are so lovely.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Two lovely cards today John, love the colours, love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteTwo great cards John I love the colours you have used they are very effective xx
ReplyDeleteTwo great cards, both beautiful.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John, two beautiful cards, love them both. Marion S x
ReplyDeleteHi John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteWell Happy Autumn!!!!!
Love both these cards, the colours together are amazing and the leaves look so fresh and crisp.
I loved the demo's on Hochanda, thank you for sharing!!!!
Love and crafty hugs,
Tina T xxxx
Good morning John both of these cards are gorgeous I love them both. Your stamps are beautiful. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteTwo great cards. I love the background stamp in the first one.
B xx
Lovely cards John.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove them both .
Jan
What a clever technique, John - love them both.
ReplyDeleteSue M
2 extremely beautiful sophisticated cards If I saw these on display to buy I seriously wouldn't be able to pick one
ReplyDeleteHi John Autumn in all its glorie love your work thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxx
Both so beautiful John! I almost don't mind that Autumn is here.
ReplyDeleteI love both these cards, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Good Morning John beautiful cards and I love the background it really looks like our Forest of Dean which is just beginning to change colour. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John two great cards. I think I prefer the one without the background stamp actually. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteTwo lovely card, love them both.
Lydia
X
Hi John, two fantastic cards, really cannot decide between them. Love the whole theme.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteBoth are absolutely A1 top notch fabulous but its the first one for me as I adore that tumbling leaves stamp.
Beautiful representations of Autumn.
Ang x
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteSorry I was missing yesterday - sometimes life gets in the way of crafting! Lol.
Love today's cards and the stamps are beautiful - just what I need !! Love Myra
Hi John. Love both of the cards today, probably because I think the autumnal colours you have used are stunning. They both look so "arty" and would work for anyone and also as they are both flat they help with the postage costs.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Two beautiful cards john x the colours are lovely x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteTwo beautiful cards, love the autumnal colour ways
June x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteTwo really beautiful cards, I love the colours and am looking forward to being able to have a play with the new stamps.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Hi John. Two gorgeous autumnal cards, love the colours
ReplyDeleteMaria x
Like the ombré effect of both cards and love the colours.
ReplyDeleteT
Wow John they are both beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI love those colours and something like this is going to
be perfect for those winter male birthdays
I love them both.
Hi John. Two more great cards using gorgeous colours. SueL x
ReplyDeleteTwo gorgeous card John Thank you.
ReplyDelete