Happy Wednesday,
I'm rushing to the airport today to pick up the wonderful Wendy as she's flying in from Spain to help out at the Crafting at Ally Pally show this weekend. Therefore its a quick card today just some simple stamping and a quite interesting background technique.
I stated by making the background by adding the snow flurry mask to a piece of white foundation card. I then spread polar white cosmic shimmer sparkle texture paste through this and let it dry ( about 2 hours to be sure). Next I shaded around the piece using clear day colour cloud blending ink. I shaded darker around the outside then lightened it as I got to the centre. The sparkle texture paste resists the colour cloud blending ink and so shines in white!
Next I tend some bakers twine across the left hand side and added the stamped panel. I cut an oval using the Geneva die set and stamped the stars ( from my Birthday seasons clear stamp set) in clear day colour cloud around the edges. Next I stamped the poem from the same set in the centre. I then over-stamped the stars and poem using Cobalt archival ink to give a shaded look.
Finally a few layers of coconut white and cobalt foundation card, a messy bow and a crystal charm from Craft Consortium in the centre and a couple of aqua stick pins.
Enjoy...
Morning John, today's card is beautiful xx drive carefully xx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous. See ya later, xxxx
ReplyDeleteLovely card. I must try the technique you've used with the mask.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi john
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours and the dies and stamps thanks tracyw x
Morning John, a gorgeous card love the clear day colour of the colour cloud very subtle.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John, a beautiful card, love the colour of the background. Hope you have a good visit with Wendy. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteLovely card today, Christmassy but not OTT.
The colour cloud is so versatile being able to add light and shade.
Drive carefully to the airport to pick up Wendy!!
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxxxx
Beautiful card
ReplyDeleteCarol
Morning John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card I will definitely be trying out the background as it looks fab.
I'm looking forward to seeing you at ally pally xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteCan't get down to Ally Pally so enjoy yourself! Lovely card. Love the colours.
Anne M xxx
I've been in Europe for the past couple of weeks so have only just caught up with your blog as the wifi has been very hit and miss. What a fabulous collection of cards, flowers, etc. Thanks John.
ReplyDeleteD x
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I hope that you have a great day today. Give my love to Wendy when I see you. I am looking forward to Sunday. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, gorgeous card and just love the colour of the clear day colour cloud. Marion S x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John. Oh how I wish I was going to ally Pally, have fun. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteWow a gorgeous card today, I love the colours too.
I did a double take when you said Wendy was helping you at Ally Pally, I thought she is getting married this weekend. Wrong Wendy lol.
This morning I've just finished off a quilt I have been making for a while, now some bags to make plus 3 more quilts before Christmas. Mmmm will have to fit Christmas card making in between.
Enjoy your day
Maggie
Lovey card today and a beautiful background. Must try the resist technique!
ReplyDeleteMaggie B xx
Brilliant card, love the snowflakes on the background.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Like the way you have created the background here, John. Will have to give that a go.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Gorgeous card John. Have fun with sis. Wish I was going to Ally Pally too, but I just know I would spend too much. Love Gill. Xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, but I would prefer it without the bow.
Lydia
X
Morning John a very pretty card, love the colour combination. Have a great time at Ally Pally.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Beautiful card John. Have a great time with Wendy at Ally Pally.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
John Love today's colour way,a very pretty card.
ReplyDeleteJan
Lovely card, John. And very effective.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Rose
Gorgeous card. I love it.
ReplyDeleteStunning card love it !!!love June Horrocks xxxx
ReplyDeleteReally pretty card john x love the background its beautiful x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John. I love the background on this card. It's one that I will have to try out for my Christmas cards this year.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card and being a winter's child I love it, I really like the way that you have stamped over the stars and poem in a second colour.
Thanks for all the great inspiration,
Heather
Such a pretty card and love the way you did the background (must have a go at that). I also love the clever way you overstamped the verse to give a shadowed effect. A bit beyond my skills but its definitely something I will have a go at as it gives added dimension to these lovely words.
ReplyDeleteHelen
aka stitchingranny
Good Morning John, that is just gorgeous card and I love how youve built up the colouring around the edge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeletePretty card, love the snowflake background
ReplyDeleteT
Hi John
ReplyDeleteBeen without internet, so pleased it's working again and I can get back on the blogs and see what you've been doing.
A lovely card.
B xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a very super card, and I love the wonderful colour choices, and the ink blending is super.
The snowflakes look almost real, and very lovely and perfect.
Enjoy Wendy's company for the next few days.
I do hope she had a comfortable journey.
Lots of Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card today John. I an a Winter child so especially like it. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteLovely!
ReplyDeleteHi John, a lovely card and I like the colours and the words for winter child are beautiful. Take care of Wendy ! :)
ReplyDeleteMaria x
Hi John, A very pretty card.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Very pretty card Love it all Say hello to Wndy and hopefully I'll see you both on Sunday
ReplyDeleteJohn i absolutely love this card, i love the snowflake background and your beautiful verse stamp is superb.
ReplyDeleteI love the words on it.
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful subtle and elegant card.
You know I wish I was joining you and Wendywoo but hopefully next time.
You may wish to get rid of the Malaysian advert above for a herbal remedy for something unpleasant lol!
Ang x