Happy Tuesday,
A while ago I said that I would try to do a regular feature showing new cards made with older dies and so I thought I would start today. Therefore today's card is made to feature the older Weaving dies along with my new Autumns child stamp set.
I stared by cutting 2 each of the simple and the striped weaving dies by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions. O spray glued the striped weaving die over the solid one and wove the 2 pieces together. This gives this amazing woven affect in 2 colours. There is a video on the Creative Expressions you tube channel with Sue Wilson doing this technique well worth view!
I stamped the September's child form my Autumns child clear stamp set in detail white embossing powder onto more of the french navy card and cut it out with the double pierced squares set A. I added thin layers of white and the blue and foam mounted this in the centre.
I made a set off frames using set A and B of the squares and added a trim of the stick on pearl strips in white and added a few more layers to the card to frame it.
For the embellishment I added clear varnish lacquer to the centre of a brass dazzler setting and added midnight blue pixie powders. I added this to a wrinkle edged ribbon bow with a bow of thin blue ribbon from my stash.
Hopefully this will give us all the idea to pull out some of our older dies and try something different!
Enjoy...
Morning John, gorgeous card today x
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteYou've reminded me how much I like the weaving dies.
I love this card
Thanks for sharing with us
Maggie
Morning John, this is a fantastic card I have the weaving dies and have hardly used them this has gave me inspiration as I have a card to do for my son-in-law and this one would be perfect I think.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Another vibrant card today John, lovely. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteA lovely card John it's good to get out the older dies and have a play xx
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteA very bold card Thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Morning John, oh brilliant, love this card and so pleased that you are reminding us of the older dies, I so enjoyed doing this technique when Sue first brought out the dies but the die was put in my folder and I had forgotten about it, well it will be out later I can assure you, also the colours you have used are gorgeous as is the sentiment, love it.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Good morning John this is a stunning card. Thank you for sharing this one it is good to see older dies being used they are still gorgeous. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteBrilliant idea to showcase older dies I have hardly used my weaving dies. Thanks for your ideas.Love this card.
Jan
Morning John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteLovely bold colours in today's card. Not got this weaving die so maybe it will go on the neverending list.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxxx
WOW, WOW, WOW.....stunning card. Love everything about it especially the colour.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, lovely vibrant colours.
B xx
Wow! A very dramatic card, and that bright blue colour really emphasises that.
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovely card. It is great to see the older dies in use. I am sure we are all guilty of just using the latest die. We pay a lot of money for our dies. So I am going to make an effort to use older dies more often. Thanks John for the idea. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteGood morning John its lovely to see you using the older type dies and this weaving one is just gorgeous and the end result your card is stunning. hugs Shirleyx
ReplyDeleteIt's so good to see a woven card again and what a wow colour. Love it.
ReplyDeleteSueL x
What a great idea using those dies that we have put aside and forgotten about. This is a great card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Stunning card john x thankyou for showing this and reminding me I must use this die again x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card, the colours are so vibrant and thanks for reminding us of some of the older dies and for all the great inspiration,
Heather
Good to see older dies John, gorgeous, xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteLove the colour and design of this card
June x
Hi John. So nice to see the weaving dies making a re-appearance - I had forgotten I had these, perhaps I have got too many dies (can you have too many dies?). Lovely card today.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John, beautiful card - and so nice to see the older dies haven't lost any of their appeal.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Rose
Morning John, Thank you so much for using these older dies, I have always loved these weaving dies and have them all, it is great to see the 'marriage' of the old and the new.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Love this card John it's beautiful I too love the dies nice to see them used again
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxxxx
Morning John, love this card and the colours you have chosen.
ReplyDeleteI don't have the weaving dies but I think it is a good idea to look at our older dies and bring them back into use.
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA great card.
Lydia
X
Stunning card
ReplyDeleteCarol
Love it , love it, love it!!!!
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteLovely to be reminded of the older dies! I forget what I have sometimes and that's a real shame. Beautiful card. Thank you!
Love Myra
So beautiful card and such a gorgeous colour
ReplyDeleteHi John, gorgeous card. Wonderful colours.
ReplyDeleteMaria x
Vibrant card John. Good to see over dies having a showing.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
great card ,love the look of these dies but found them difficult to get a good result ,must try again they look fab on this card ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteI do like seeing the older dies being used This card is fabulous and could be done in so many different colour ways
ReplyDeleteJohn I love this card and everything about it xx ❤❤
ReplyDeleteJohn I love this card and everything about it xx ❤❤
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteWell, this would stand out in a crowd as a" Lockers" card. It's so you and magnificent!
Sorry I'm late but was in hospital again yesterday, doh!
Ang x
Hi John, beautiful card, I am so so glad that you are highlighting some of the older dies reminding us how beautiful they are.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
This is another beauty and the background goes perfectly with your new stamps.
ReplyDeleteI am pleased you are mixing the old with the new as it
is easy to forget the stash we already have and keep using the new stuff, so a big thankyou from me.