Happy Thursday,
After yesterdays Nasturtium stamps along with the January's child I thought I would are a card today that shows the first appearance of the flower. I used this first on a stamp to die for designed for Sue Wilson. I will have this stamp along with the matching die on my show Live form Ally Pally on Hochanda on the 17th September.
I used a collection of dies on this card and the background is made using my Kitchen Roll and pixie powder technique. I coloured all of the card and paper using the Purple Violet, Midnight blue and Peacock green pixie powders.
I stamped the Sunny Nasturtium stamp to die for using Cosmic Shimmer ture white detail embossing powder and heat embossed it. Next I cut the image out using the antwerp die and coloured the image using the pixie powders mixed with water to make a paint.
I cut the centre out of the image by hand ( fussy cut) and foam mounted this over the background. I then made a set of fames using the double pierced ovals and background rectangles. I used a further piece of the pixie powdered card behind the rectangular frame and framed the card with layers of french navy, black and white foundation card.
I made a bow of seam binding coloured with the same pixie powders and added a craft consortium embellishment in the centre with matching stick pins and metallic linx in silver.
A very rich and dark card that I know won't be to everyones taste but this could look so different in different colours!
Enjoy...
Morning John, a gorgeous card and love the colours.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi john
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw x
Morning John, another stunning card today, lots of colour.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a great card today lovely colour.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Stunning card John
ReplyDeleteJan x
Hi John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteLovely card today, beautiful verse . Background colourway is so vivid and does the die and stamp justice.
Thank you for sharing.
Love and crafty hugs,
Tina T xxxx
Beautiful John ,again colours are so vibrant. Love it . Joyce x
ReplyDeleteLovely colours this morning,John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
These are beautiful pixie powder colours. Love the card.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card today. Love the centre piece it is stunning.
Anne M xxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteI love this card, the colours are amazing.
I love the pixie powders.
Thanks for sharing
Maggie
Good morning John this is a stunning card the stamp and dies are beautiful and the colours amazing. I will be at Ally Pally on Sunday so I will miss your show that is a shame. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteStunning card John, beautifully designed and the colours are wonderful, the frame is gorgeous used to frame a section of colour, bow is luscious, Kate x 😉
ReplyDeleteStunning card John xx
ReplyDeleteStriking card, love the background.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John, stunning card, love the colours and the stamp is gorgeous painted in pixie powders. Marion S x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card, stunning colours.
B xx
Morning John xx beautiful card and stunning colours. Have a fab day xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA card to stand out, makes a statement.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card in lovely colours.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Beautiful, xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Gorgeous card using my favourite colours. Won't see you at Ally Pally this time. Off to Newcastle next week for a few days and won't be back in time. SueL x
ReplyDeleteMorning John, another beautiful card for us today. I love the colours you have chosen.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Really colourful
ReplyDeleteCarol
Good Morning John oh wow and double wow my favourite colour choice as it was my mums and my eldest daughters. Its just stunning I love all of it. hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteLovely card colour is just stunning
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxxxx
Stunning card, so vibrant.
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteLove the background, in my favourite colour.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI love those dramatic colours! Spot on for me, John.
Hugs, Rose
Beautiful card John. Favourite colour. Thank you for sharing this.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card John! I too, love the colour. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteLove Myra
Beautiful card john x been busy working this morning so off to watch catch up x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John. Lovely card today. What a really stunning stamp with so much detail. It almost reminds me of a Klimpt design.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
John this is another fabulous card, the stamp is stunning and so is the background and those gorgeous colours.
ReplyDeleteI love this.
Hi John, great project love ur color choice too, tfs
ReplyDeleteHi John, great project love ur color choice too, tfs
ReplyDeleteHi John thank you for adding me as a friend love the colours of the card
ReplyDelete