Happy Friday,
Another Friday means another Christmas Card using the fabulous Festive die collection by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions. I hope you have managed to catch the beginning of the new die launch over on Sue's blog.
this is a mixture of die cutting and stamping. I used the wavy mask and spears polar white sparkle texture paste onto a piece of acetate. This takes a couple of hours to dry but its worth it.
I framed the piece using the double pierced squares and set B to cut the frames shown in vintage gold and bright white.
Next I cut the snowflake frame in white and backed it with gold repeating this for the smaller dies in the set. I added cosmic white 3D pearl accents to the points for added definition.
Finally I stamped my Christmas rose elements clear stamps in gold brilliant sparkle embossing powders and cut these out with the matching dies. I stamped these on velum which allowed me to shape the flowers with my ball tool and stamping mat to gove them some life. I added the foliage with the berry sprig die using more of the pearl PVA on the ends of the leaves.
Enjoy...
Morning John, today's card is very pretty xx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card
ReplyDeleteCarol
Morning John, beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John, oh yes, I really like todays card, I have the wavy stencil, did you use ordinary acetate or heat resistant.
ReplyDeleteYes have been following Sue's blog, she has some gorgeous dies and stamps again this time.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hello John, this card is elegant and beautiful. I really must get myself into gear and start my Christmas cards. Take care. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi john
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning christmas card love the colours and the dies and stamps thanks tracyw x
Simple, elegant, just beautiful
ReplyDeleteMaggie B xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful card today. I really must start my christmas stash. Not been too well of late but getting there now.
Love it!
Anne M xxx
Hi John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteLovely card today, even though it is a Christmas card it could be done for a birthday card.
Yes following Sue's blog - fantastic collection.
Love and crafty hugs,
Tina T xxxx😀
Love this one John, the mask really sets it off, xxxx
ReplyDeleteJohn
ReplyDeleteAn elegant card,so classy.
Jan
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a very elegant card.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA very elegant card today, i think it can be used as a Birthday card or any celebration card too.
I managed to catch up with Sue's posts late last night.
Have a great day
Maggie
A lovely card John. I love using this mask is great for any card xx
ReplyDeleteStunning card, very elegant-would definitely stand out from all the other Christmas cards.
ReplyDeleteMic
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the design. I have been following the new die release. I can't wait to see what you make with the new dies. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeletePretty card John which could be adapted for many an occasion.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Gorgeous card John. Love that wavy mask. Xx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Lovely card today. The mask is great. I hope you have a quiet weekend! Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, beautiful card and I love those gorgeous Christmas Roses in vellum. Marion S x
ReplyDeleteClassy card John . You never fail to please. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card. As some of my fellow followers have already said, this card would be suitable for any celebration.
B xx
What a beautiful card. So elegant.
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteBeutiful card.
Lydia
X
Very classy card. Love the wavy mask. SueL x
ReplyDeleteWhat a beauty John the colour you have used in the background is soooo preety love it thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxxx
Morning John, This card is beautiful, I'm loving the focal die-cut, and the flowers are gorgeous, and I'm also loving the layered frames, very effective.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Beautiful card John
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John a really gorgeous Xmas card I love that die and your background. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, love the vellum flowers and the wavy mask is one of my favourites, looks great on acetate.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteNOw this is a very different christmas card that i would make for my daughters mother and father in law as they are very modern stylish in their life and this would fit in with their home just nicely.
Have a good day flower,
love and crafty hugs
Norah *Glenochil_
Absolutely beautiful card, John - suitable for any occasion.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Another lovely card John. I have this die and its beautiful, and not so Christmassy that I will not use it the rest of the year too.
ReplyDeleteHi John. What a very elegant card today. Perfect to send to someone at Christmas who does not necessarily celebrate the season but would appreciate your best wishes. I also think it would make a lovely winter wedding card.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
WOW John, this is such a beautiful card. Love everything about it!
ReplyDeleteJune x
Hi John what a fabulous card, think I will have to have a go at making this. love it.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteA very elegant , lovely card! Thank you for the inspiration. Have a good weekend.
Love Myra
Beautiful elegant card john with a lovely touch of sparkle x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
An elegant card today! The pearl drops are perfect for the design. I can just see your excitement when you were dropping all those pearls!!! I know how you like those pearls.
ReplyDeleteWonderful card John, love the sparkle paste
ReplyDeleteMaria x
Lovely card using my favourite mask.
ReplyDeleteT
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteI was a bit confused by the title as at first glance this super card does not look remotely Christmassy. Just shows that it would be an ideal card for any occasion. Fabulous!
Ang x
John this is fabulous and very elegant.
ReplyDeleteI love those flowers and the berries you have added with the pva.
I love this one.
Gorgeous card John. Thank you for sharing this. Have this stencil. Just need to use it now😀
ReplyDelete