I hope some of you managed to catch the fabulous launch show with Sue Wilson last night ion not don't forget you can watch on catchup at www.hochanda.com. Sue is back today at 9am, 12pm, 4pm and last chance at 7pm.
I promised I would show today the card I made featuring the 2 new dies launched for the shows and this card shows really well how they can be used together too take a fab christmas card.
I simply made the background by embossing a piece of midnight blue pearl foundation card using the nordic quilt 8x8 embossing folder. Next I added enchanted gold metallic gilding polish over the top the enchanted gold is a fabulously useful shade as it is gold on dark card and white gold / platinum on light card 2 products in one!
Next I cut a frame of gold and midnight pearl card using the double pierced circles set A and B. I mounted this over a piece of acetate then added the merry christmas and the Happy new year ( which has the and a included in this set) I cut both again in the gold and midnight using the darker colour as a shadow.
I cut the background into a set of frames and used the double pierced squares to make mats for each layer in gold.
A bright card but if you can't be bright and a little gaudy at Christmas.
Enjoy...
Morning John, a beautiful card today and I love these sentiments, watched part of Sue's show still to watch the rest and she was fantastic as always, looking forward to see what inspiration she give us today.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Great card. I love it.
ReplyDeleteD x
Hi John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteLovely card today very bright the blue and gold.
Just watching Sue's show which I recorded last night.
Love and crafty hugs.
Tina T xxxx
Great card John, love the blue pearl card. Marion S x
ReplyDeleteStunning card John - WOW!
ReplyDeleteMaggie B
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA great card thank you.
take care and have fun Kitty.
Morning John, a lovely card today, yes it is bright but sometimes they are needed. I like the sentiment dies from Sue too
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John, Lovely card and its nice to have both the Christmas and New Year sentiments on. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLove this card today, great sentiment dies.
Jan x
Fantastic card, love the background.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Lovely card John.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove the card & the colours.
I missed the show will watch on catch up.
Actually managed some crafting yesterday, started another quilt (only 3 king size ones to do before Christmas lol) this one is an attic window one. Will see how it goes.
Have a great day
Maggie
Hi John, Lovely card. I think I need that embossing folder. Love the sentiment dies as well. I watched Sue last night and will catch up with her today as well. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteLovely card john x unusual but beautiful colours x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove the design, not too keen on the colours, sorry.
Lydia
X
Love this, John. Have a day making lace with Jan today.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Love that one. The background looks great.
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John oh that is just stunning I love the two tone effect. hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, a really striking card, very unusual colours, but lovely. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteJust one word John beautiful !!!!! I love this card thank you love June Horrocks xxxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John. What a really stunning card today despite the fact that it is quite simple to do. Love the embossing folder you have used, I should think it would make a really pretty Nordic effect card if done in red and white.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Lovely card John, look forward to meeting you tomorrow at Karens. x
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovely card and great to have both Christmas and New Year Sentiments
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Gorgeous card
ReplyDeleteCarol
Wow xxxx
ReplyDeleteWow xxxx
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely card, lovely for men too.
ReplyDeleteThank you
Sue M
Hi John this is a gorgeous card I love the design. The dies and the embossing folder are amazing. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteFabulous! xxx
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful, John.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Rose
great card love the embossing folder and the gold so elegant,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John, Stunning !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
lovely card John, love the colors
ReplyDeleteLori from Canada
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteoh my word this card takes my breath away as it's very gorgeous, and stunning.
I love everything you have done on this stunning creation.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Gorgeous card John. Thanks so much for sharing this.
ReplyDeleteStunning It's amazing how different Enchanted gold appears on dark and light card I have it in gilding wax and it's my go to When that runs out I'll be getting the polish
ReplyDelete