Happy Monday,
Its my turn to share some of the samples I have made from Sue Wilsons stunning new Die release. If you didn't catch the blog reveal last week over on Sue's blog you can catch up HERE at Particraft, Sues blog.
I debated which card to show first and so I asked Sue and she suggested the card I am showing today. This uses the new Indian Ocean background die, now as Im sure my blog family know I am partial to a background and this one is a stunner!
The beautiful Art Deco styling on this one is so classic yet different it really is a must!
I used Gloss black, Iris and bright white foundation card to make this and it is in the main a layering of the different dies in the set to make the main card.
For the main element I cut dies 1, 2 and 3 in white together and backed these with iris. I then cut this down the middle and made this into a square. I used the double pierced noble dies set A to make a square frame of black gloss card and mounted the white section on this ( this ensured I got a perfect square for the front and didn't have to just judge it)
For the finishing touches I cut the three largest of the new doodle flowers in each of the colours. I then shaped these in the centre using my ball tool and stamping mat. I layered these together and placed a pearl in the centre. By shaping these flowers you really make them pop! I arranged these around the frame with some ribbon from my stash.
I stamped the sentiment in jet black archival from my fern frames and sentiments set and finished.
This may look a complex layered card but I promise the dies do all the work its really easy to layers and put together!
Enjoy...
Hi john
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours and the new dies thank you tracyw x
Morning John, a beautiful dramatic card today.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John, this card certainly has the wow factor. Love the colours and the die designs are beautiful. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteWow stunning
ReplyDeleteCarol
lovely card. I love those flowers. But I'm sitting on my hands. As I'm waiting for Sue to be on tv with a decent bundle. I seem to get my favourites then the bundles come on with others plus my favourites so it'd be a waste to double up. So this time I'm waiting for the bundles.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day
Donna
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA great card Thank you.
Have fun Kitty.
Morning John, brilliant card today. It was so lovely to meet up with you again at AP and to see so many new and old friends, you were so, so busy but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteI bet you are not chilling out today, you will probably have a big schedule with lots of things to prep. x
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteFabulous card today show casing Sue's brilliant new releases. Your colours coordinate so well. Enjoyed your ALLY PALLY - Hochanda show , recorded it to watch again!!!!!
Love and crafty hugs,
Tina T xxxx
Good morning John the card you have chosen to show is gorgeous. I had a wonderful time at Ally Pally. It was so nice to meet you and Wendy again. I am looking forward to April already. I hope you have a great day I expect you are very busy. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA very dramatic card I think the colours make it look so different and unusual.
Jan
WOW-stunning card, love everything about it.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteReally dramatic card today. Love it. Looks lke you had a good time at Ally Pally.
Anne M xxx
Hi John. Lovely card. Sue's new release is fantastic. I really like the colours you have used. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card I like the,way you have cut it to make a square to its so versatile which we all want.
Have a good day xxx
Stunning card and colours. Hope A P was a success for you. Managed to catch up uon your show - lovely ideas as always, thank you.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card, real wow factor.
You must feel shattered after the busy weekend (but in the nicest way).
I've got a lovely image in my head of a lady sitting on her hands (courtesy of Donna) trying to stop herself from adding to her crafty stash!
B xx
Good morning John and congratulations on your show over the weekend, looks like you had a great time at Ally Pally so I hope you and Wendy are relaxing today. Super colours in your card today, love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, stunning card in gorgeous colours.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Great colours used here, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteUnusual card.
Lydia
X
Morning John, Hope the weekend went well at Ally Pally, I saw you on tv which was great. A very 'art deco' styled card today.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI just LOVE this background die, and your card is fab. Loving the colours and the design.
Have you recovered from a busy Ally Paly weekend?
Hugs, Rose
Good Morning John that is one gorgeous card and that Indian Ocean die is just fabulous. I hope you had a brilliant weekend. hugs Shirleyxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card, the background die is gorgeous and looks very different when cut into a square.
Hope you can have a more relaxed day and thanks for sharing,
Heather
Hi John. What a treat, I love this die too as there is such a variety of different frames in this one. Love the design of the card and how clever to make a square frame out of a rectangular die.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John loved your show on hochanda John sounds as though you had a fab weekend love June Horrocks xxxxxx
ReplyDeleteGreat card john, love the colour combination.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Love the card John, just one negative from me I'm afraid and that is that I would have preferred such a beautiful card to have had more traditional flowers. Lol maybe its an "autumn lady" thing, but I prefer flowers that to me look like flowers.
ReplyDeleteHelen
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card! Thank you for sharing it and I look forward to seeing some more!
Lovely colours!
Love Myra
Lovely card john x very striking colours and love the dies x you looked so busy at ally pally x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card today you've used very striking colours for this one. The background die is lovely. Didn't get to see you on Saturday as you were so busy. Got to speak with Liz though who was demoing the new distress crayons. Well I assume they're new.
I had a brilliant day yesterday and thank you for all of your help and advice Your demo was brill and both me and my friend went straight for the items and bought it all - dare I say it my friend must have been hugely impressed because she is a bit of a TL fan - sorry to say
ReplyDeleteLove today's card and you can barely see the join - clever place to snip it!
I will be in my element later in the week playing with all my lovely new goodies
Hope you enjoyed the wedding and managed to have a bit of a rest today after your busy week end
Wow this is absolutely gorgeous and very elegant.
ReplyDeleteI love those bold colours and everything about this card.
Love this card John. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteNot mad for the flowers, I must admit but an pretty design and clever way of making the square with a barely noticeable join.
Ang x
Love this one John. Great.
ReplyDeleteD x