Happy Wednesday,
Julia Watts let me know that she has my Winters Child clear stamp set back in stock and as I know form the number of emails I've received how many people have been chasing this set I thought I should let everyone know with a card.
I stared by stamping the January's child poem in black archival ink onto a piece of coconut white foundation card. Next I cut this out using one of the double pierced circle dies. Next. whilst still in the die, I drew around the circle first with Sky blue alcohol marker with the chisel end and cobalt with the fine end.
Next I stamped the corner spray from my Nasturtium elements clear stamp set and coloured it using Sky Blue, Cobalt and denim for the flowers and cabbage, leaf green and Emerald for the leaves. I shadowed this with cool grey and cut around the stamped image.
For the background I smoothed a little multitex texture paste mixed with bluebell intense pigment stain over a piece of card. Next I added the swirls mask and spread the multitex mixed with less of the satin to make a lighter colour through this.
I made a frame from the double pierced background rectangles and added the elements around this.
I made up the card as shown.
The stamps are available at julia watts crafts online shop.
Enjoy...
Good morning John, today's card is beautiful xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a gorgeous card love the way you have achieved the background it looks fantastic.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John, beautiful card, love the colours, I am so pleased I purchased the stamp set when you launched them, amazing verses.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove the background of your card, great colours (but I do like to use blue) never thought of blue for this flower stamp.
Thanks Jan.
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteWow a stunning card, I love the colours too.
Thanks for sharing
Maggie
Hi Johnand crafters all,
ReplyDeleteLovely card John background is amazing, love the vibrant colours on a dull morning
Love and crafty hugs,
Tina T xxxx😀
Very nice card John, background really stands out. Joyce x
ReplyDeletePretty card John. Flowers look lovely.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Lovely card as they have been for the last few days. Currently at a hotel in the Loire valley and we have good internet here so I'm catching up.
ReplyDeleteD x
Good morning John, todays card is lovely and your poem for January's child is beautiful. Marion S x
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, love the background.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love it. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. I bought you December child last year just as my youngest Grandson was born and made it up in a frame. My daughter was thrilled with it and it takes pride of place in his bedroom. I think I will have to get Winters child to go with it. Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, great background.
B xx
Absolutely gorgeous card
ReplyDeleteCarol
Gorgeous I love the neat trick of creating a coloured border using a chisel end of a marker
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card.
Lydia
X
Good Morning John a really beautiful card this morning and I love the texture paste it looks stunning. hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteI like how you've created this card and the added frame work makes such a difference
June x
Hi John,
ReplyDeletelovely card - the colours go with the sentiment.
Hugs, Rose
Hi John. Love the design and colours of this card but not too sure about the background - sorry
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Beautiful card John
ReplyDeleteA real beauty today John I love it the colours and the verse they are on my must have list I need them
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxxxx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteAnother stunner. The background looks great and the shading on the flowers/leaves is terrific.
Ang x
Love it John, love the Nasturtiums, xxx
ReplyDeleteYet another lovely card. I see you're into a "blue phase" John!
ReplyDeleteLove the Nasturtium stamps, John. They look great on this card.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Good morning John, Wasn't it Picasso who had a blue period?? Love what you done with the nasturtium stamp though I'm not sure about the background myself. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteLovely bright card john x love the stamping x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John, great card, love the stamps. Interesting background.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Wonderful!
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLove the colours in this card, I have the winter's child set and as ever your stamps are beautiful.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
John this is another gorgeous card with another stunning
ReplyDeletebackground.
I just admire how you always come up with backgrounds that are so gorgeous.
I love your stamp too and this is just perfect.
A gorgeous card today John. I am a January child as is my sister so perhaps I should get this stamp. Thanks for sharing this card.
ReplyDelete