Happy Thursday,
As I'm sat here typing my blog post at home wendy ( who's just opened her second bottle of white zinfandel telling me its very weak compared to the Spanish Wines ) is taking pictures of me writing this. I'm told they will appear on Facebook so look out for pics off me writing this Lol!
Wendy helped choose todays card as she loved the textures and different finishes on this one. This was made as a sample for the shows I did on Hochanda last weekend. I simply LOVE the papers own the DCWV everyday wreaths stack and the great thing is they are not die cut in the pad its all full sheets meaning that you can use them for anything!
I started by selecting the different papers from the stack I chose the dotted gold foil, the glitter in gold and the hessian papers. Next I simply layers the card with black and vintage gold card then cut the different papers into flags. I layered the different sized flag on different papers and added some stitch edged ribbon.
I made three roses, using one of the other papers from the stack, using the Spellbinders spiral blossom three die by cutting and rolling the die cuts tightly.
I made up the card as shown,
Enjoy...
Morning John, today's card is nice xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, loved this card when you showed it on tv and it looks much better in close up shots.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John, this card is incredible, I love the colours and the texture from the hessian. Hope Wendy enjoyed the 2nd bottle too :-) Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteI love DCWV and have just ordered a new one that is on release for end of September with 2 sets of lights in it! I would love this one. The card is fabulous! Loved it on TV and now I can see how you made it.
Anne M xx
Morning John, beautiful card, love those papers, saw you on Hochanda demoing them. Yes Wendy put the pictures on fb, you have a lot of room on your desk, good job you cannot see mine, will it is underneath here somewhere. Not long now to AP.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx
Great card John. Love the hessian.
ReplyDeleteD x
Hi John and crafters all
ReplyDeleteThank you Wendy for picking this card!!!! Keep John on the straight and narrow.
Love the concept of this card as the papers used give so much depth and texture - love it.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxxxx
Good morning John this is a stunning card. Wendy has made a good choice. It sounds like you are both having lots of fun. I am looking forward to seeing photos of your Craft Cave sometime. Not long till Ally Pally. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGreat to see a card made just with papers and this one is stunning. Good choice Wendy.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John. Great choice Wendy. Loved these papers when I saw you with them on Hochanda. I hope you have a great time at Ally Pally, really sad I can't go. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteLovely card & great photo of you on Facebook!
ReplyDeleteMichele
great card simple but so effective ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteI agree with Wendy about the textures (and probably the wine, she will just have to drink twice as much to compensate). SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, great texture.
B xx
I'm with Wendy on this one - it's great.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Good Morning John, love the textures your using and the card design is just fabulous. hugs Shirleyxxx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteI've no idea what MacBook(Facebook for Mac owners?) is but love this card. Saw it on the shows and thought it looked great.
I'm hoping this was scheduled as I'd hate to think Wendywoo was necking the vino for breakfast lol!
Have a great day both.
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card, agree with Wendy about the textures and also I love the composition which is perfect.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA great card love the way you have put all of the different shapes together.
Lydia
X
Love.this one John just up my street love the paper and textures great card for my sons 51st in two weeks thank you John love June Horrocks xxxxx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, and unusual!
ReplyDeleteCarol
Morning John, this is fabulous quite simple in its execution but really striking. Love it!
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Good morning John, love the card and I have seen the pictures on Facebook. Marion S x
ReplyDeleteWow, stunning card John. I really thought the hessian was material, must try get some of that paper, it's lovely.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletethis card is a STUNNER - I love it, the papers and most importantly - your design.
Hugs, Rose
Wonder full card John and as Rose said stunning. The colours really complement each other. Have a good weekend everyone. Kind regards Sandra
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletewonderful card and such lovely textures in this great design.
Beautiful roses also, and I do love the colour choices.
I received my pickie powders yesterday and have been playing with them.
Must get some more colours soon as they are addictive. LOL.
Lots of Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
I'm so please you have shown this design. I think this was my favourite from the shows too, just love the simplicity of the design. Would make a wonderful card for either a lady or a gent and could be made in so many colourways and textures.
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. Thanks Wendy for choosing it. Saw it on Hochanda and liked it then. Perhaps you will have it with you on Saturday and can get an even closer look at it. Thank you for sharing this.
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteI too thought this would be a great card for a man with maybe an alternative embellishment! I've always loved DCWV and it was nice to see them on television once again. Weaker huh? Hmmm! Lol!
Love Myra
Perfect choice wendy x its a lovely card john and the hessian looks so much more realistic on your card than when it was being shown on tv x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John. I saw you on TV with this paper pad and thought it was impressive then. Theresa w is right, the papers look more stunning on tour photos than they did on TV. I also thought that whichever papers you were to select from the pad they would always work together as you have shown here.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Do like the geometric aspect of this. Missed the show where you demoed this because of no Freeview reception for Hochanda at the caravan for much of the day. Must do a quick catch up.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
John this is beautiful and so different, i love it.
ReplyDeleteWendy has very good taste and pleased she chose this for todays blog.
And have to agree about the white zinfandel lol
Hi John, gorgeous card. Wendy has a very good taste.
ReplyDeletehugs Maria x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI'm so pleased Wendy chose this card as I think it's gorgeous and love every detail of it. Well done Wendy :)
June x
I saw the photos! Love this card Fell in love with it when you showed it on Hochanda Really like the look of the hessian papers
ReplyDelete