Happy Thursday,
A change of colour scheme for today;s card however it was made using the other 2 dies in the set i used yesterday, theres one for value a soft pastel and a strong masculine card just from the corner and border set from the Indian Ocean collection.
I started this card by cutting the square edged corner die 4 times in ginger foundation card. I then matted this using the outline die, in Kraft card and mounted them together to form the Art Deco squire in the centre finished with an 8mm black pearl. There are 2 corners in the set and this one, just like the border dei, makes a different shape when they are mounted together.
For the corners I simply reversed the process and cut the detail in Kraft and the backing in ginger.
to make up the card I used the double pierced square dies ( the original set or Set A as it has been nicknamed) to take the frames in ginger and Kraft. I mounted the corners at the edge of the square kraft frame. I cut the corners off the square so that the detail of the die cut corners comes to the fore!
I made up the card as shown (8"x8") using foundation card in black to offset the kraft and ginger adding a black ribbon bow from my stash!
Enjoy...
Morning John, today's card is beautiful, hopefully I have sorted out the internet x
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Gorgeous card today John. Love it.
ReplyDeleteHappy crafting.
D xx
Hi John, love the colours on this card. Very effective combination. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteWell you have certainly made an impact with the colours and use of dies on this card. Any man would love this one, so Art Deco!!!!!
Love and crafty hugs to all,
Tina T xxxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteWell this card sure makes a statement, very bold.
Thank you, take care Kitty.
Good morning John this is an amazing card it such a good masculine card. I do like those colours. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteStunning card, love the Art Deco feel about it.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Like the design and coloursof this card John. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteWonderful card and fabulous colours, beautifully designed, Kate x 😉
ReplyDeleteThis card reminds me of an old fashioned juke box!!! It is the Art Deco feel I suppose, or just me that is slightly mad. Great colours, love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteMorning John, another amazing card. Thank you for the reply to my email too. xx
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Fabulous card John, love the colours you have used. Marion S x
ReplyDeleteUnusual and effective.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteVery different card today. Quite stunning as well.
Enjoy your day
Maggie
Very different and very effective, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Beautiful card
ReplyDeleteCarol
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, love the art deco look.
B xx
Good Morning John, wowsers thats different for you and so jazzy, love the colours to. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteWow John this is a stunning card love the colours the dies also.
ReplyDeleteThank you love June horrocks xxxxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove the design but not too keen on the colours, could see it in a lovely navy and white.
Lydia
x
X
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteFantastic card for a fella. The white on the ribbon does jar a little for me with no other white on the card but the Art Deco design and ginger card are an amazing combo.I don't usually like Kraft card but here it fits in perfectly.
When I saw the title, I thought Charlie from Hochanda was making a guest appearance lol!
Ang x
Hi John. Lovely to see ginger card making it's appearance again. I bought a load when you were going through your previous ginger phase.
ReplyDeleteSueL x
Great card for a bloke John, just not my colours though. xxxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteFab card for the males, I like the colours and think they would work equally well with a dark blue b/ground.
Hugs, Rose
Great card and love the colour.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Good morning John very interesting card though I probably would have left the ribbon off or just had black. Great idea though love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, a great Art Deco card, and one I would certainly use for our male friends.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Very Art Deco! Love the colours. Agree with others that the bow is superfluous. The rest of the card is enough and very nice.
ReplyDeleteT
Hi John. I am a bit late today but glad I found time to look at your blog. Very Art Deco I think and I love the colours.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John, great card for you men in our lives. I quite like the colour ginger.
ReplyDeleteMaria x
a lovely card ,love the dies ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John. Didn't get in to see it yesterday as busy busy busy. Have an exhibition at my local library for the month of October so getting things ready. Mainly pottery and glass fused jewellery.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteooooooooooo! I nearly missed this gorgeous card.
I love the sort of Art Deco style, and design.
The colours are great also.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.