Happy Wednesday,
Another sample from the new dies release designed by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions and I have to admit this is my favourite card so far. This card was inspired by the fabulous Julia Watts as `i made it whilst watching her on Hochanda. Julia was demonstrating how to make a background with a border strip and my only thought was how nice the Indian Ocean border would look as a background! Therefore this is a tribute to julia and all she has taught me!
I will be demonstrating this technique on Hochanda in November when I bring you the bundles of this realise and Im sure this will be one of the first demo's!
I simply cut the border, without the outline cutting die, down a piece of coconut white foundation card. I then added this to a piece of Iris foundation card covered with a double sided sticky sheet. I added diamond snow in the gaps to cover the adhesive with a crystal at each junction. I love the way that when cut this way an art deco flower appears from nowhere.
I cut each of the dies in the maldives die she in white and backed these with the iris and from moon ted them up finishing with a stamped centre with my Birthday Seasons clear stamp set. I added diamond snow over the sentiment to balance the background.
To highlight the centrepiece I cut the cape daisies each in iris and white, shaped them with my ball tool and offset these to make the flowers. With the bold scroll I cut these in white and iris using the letterpress technique, with cornflower archival ink, on the deboss section to add some more texture before mounting these around the main element.
A frame made using the double pierced background dies and layers of iris and white to finish. I loved making this card and am so thankful to Julia for the technique!
Enjoy...
Beautiful card, and what a lovely colour! xx
ReplyDeleteMaggie B
Good morning John this is a stunning card. I love it. The dies are amazing and the colour is gorgeous. It is a lovely tribute to Julia she is an inspiration. Have a great day. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card, love everything about it.
Jan
Morning John, another fantastic card love everything about it the dies the colour everything
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card, love the colourway and the cape Daisy's. This is a lovely tribute to Julia and I am sure she will love it.
Well we crafters do share don't we!!!!!!!
Loved the shows, Matt is getting very crafty minded now.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxxx
That's an absolutely beautiful card John, and so lovely with the iris coloured card. I love the Indian Ocean collection - it's different and very pretty.
ReplyDeleteHi John. This is a very beautiful card, love the Indian collection. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card-love it. Looking forward to watching your shows tonight.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John, oh I like this one, looking forward to seeing how you do it on Hochanda, I so enjoyed the ODS and had to purchase the bundle, I just wished that they would deliver all freedom members free express delivery.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
So pleased to read what you said about Julia - her ideas and inspiration are amazing, as are yours. There was so much in your shows I have been able to watch so far. Thank you. Gorgeous card.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Beautiful card John. Look forward to seeing your demo. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteStunning card John, beautiful coloured card and dies. I think the Indian Ocean collection is probably my favourite. A lovely tribute to Julia who is a great inspiration as are you. Thank you. Marion S x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA stunningly beautiful card and great colourway. I love how the flowers echo the flowers in the background.
B xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful card in lovely colours, I'm sure Julia will be thrilled. Just want to say thanks to you and the creative expressions team for so much fabulous inspiration,
Heather
Another beauty John love the colours and dies your shows were fab recorded them so I can look back for help xxx love June Horrocks xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, lovely colours.
Lydia
X
Really pretty
ReplyDeleteCarol
Hi John. I saw you showing how to make the background for this card at Ally Pally and I had to buy the die on the back of that. Such a very clever idea.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
What a beautiful card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Good Morning John that is truly a stunning card I do love the design and your choice of dies. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteA delightful card John love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card ad what a lovely tribute to Julia. SueL x
ReplyDeleteGood morning John,
ReplyDeleteOh this is a pretty card with the design and the colours that you have used to make it come alive. I love when Sue makes a "set" as you can mix and match the different sizes of the same die to make frames and shadow layers. Since making the borders separate from their cutting edge, they just lend themselves to be used in other ways as your beautiful Julia card shows. Thank you flower and have a good day,
love and crafty hugs
Norah (Glenochil Village)
Hi John,
ReplyDeletelovely card - the Indian collection is beautiful (as are ALL of Sue's dies, I cannot pick a favourite).
Hugs, Rose
Gorgeous John, finally hope to craft today, xxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, thank you John. Love the colours too.
ReplyDeleteSue M
Morning John, another lovely card, looking forward to seeing you demo this technique in November.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a very stunning and beautiful creation.
I love your colour choices, and design.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful design, the colours you've used. Looking forward to seeing you demonstrate this
June x
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteVery pretty and elegant card. The colour choice is superb.
Border dies do make very useful backgrounds.
Best wishes.
Ang x
Hi John, This is gorgeous !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Gorgeous card John. Eventually managed to watch Monday's show yesterday. Ordered the deal of the day and it arrived today! Couldn't believe it. I now need to find some time to try out some of your techniques.
ReplyDeleteD xx
john that card is stunning love the colours
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card. Love the colours.
ReplyDeleteT
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card today, I love it.
Love the colours as well.
Today I've been busy creating a table centre for my Brother & Sister in laws Golden wedding party next week. First I had to finish their card.
Taking a break having a well deserved cup of tea, before carrying on. Have to do the place cards next.
Happy Crafting
Maggie
great card made with great dies ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteJohn this is another gorgeous work of art.
ReplyDeleteI love the dies and how you have used them and the beautiful colour makes it perfect.
You are so clever getting such a fab background from a border die.
You will be pleased with me today as i almost threw out some scraps of card then remembered what you said about using it as a background/border.
So no scraps thrown away by me today lol
Another great card love the colour. Thank you for your inspirations they help me a lot x stella
ReplyDeleteAnother great card love the colour. Thank you for your inspirations they help me a lot x stella
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty card It is a lovely technique i must look at my dies in different ways more often
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card and love the colour. Thank you for sharing this. I am sure Julia loved it.
ReplyDeleteHi John, beautiful colours and great use of the dies. Love it. Bx
ReplyDelete