I'm running a workshop today at Creative Expressions in Kettering ( CE Towers as Mrs D named it!) and then prepping for the NEC. I will one demoing on Friday and Saturday on the Art of Craft stand at the NEC crafts show, pop along and say Hi if you are going!
I thought for today I would show a different use of the Zoe die that I used on Tuesday, this time I have gone back to my palette of blues!
Next I cut a larger mat of the iris foundation card and using the first piece as a template I added the filigree and oval die ( dies 2 and 3) on the iris. I cut this then repeated the procedure with the final die in the set (die 4). I matted these layers together with foam tape adding an embossed panel behind the centre. I then cut the peony cluster die in white and the separate flowers in the iris making this ornament up with 3mm white pearls in the centre.
I wrapped a strip of American seam binding, coloured with the colour cloud, around the piece and added a messy bow and the peony cluster on top as a focus point.
I repeated the die cut emboss technique using Iris card and the largest double pierced rectangle and added a few layers of iris and white to finish the card. A pearl in each corner and complete.
This card could be used for any occasion and, in my view, would work for the gents as well!
Enjoy...
Morning John, a gorgeous card and fab. colours.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw x
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card thank you.
Have fun and take care Kitty.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI iterate the above comments, what a lovely card. Colours blend so well and I love the peony cluster.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxxx
Hi John, a beautiful card, love the colours. Have a great day with the workshops. Bx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the colours the dies and embossing folders are amazing. You are certainly very busy. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGood morning John. A lovely card. I haven't tried embossing with the die in for fear of spoiling the folder.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing you on the workshop, learning new ideas and having fun.
Jan
Northampton
Beautiful card, really lovely.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteWow this card is gorgeous, I do love the blue as well.
Have a great day
Maggie
Lovely card John.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteNice card again John.
Have a good day! I want to get down to one of your workshops soon.
Anne M xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card. I love how you've recessed the Zoe die, and how the peony cluster is on the bow. Gorgeous colour too.
B xx
Great card, John. Sorry I can't be there today but am going to the NEC. Hopefully will bump into Mrs Duck. Have a good day.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Lovely card
ReplyDeleteCarol
Lovely John. Wish I came up with some of your great ideas.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Beautiful design and colour. I hope you have a fabulous day too!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Linda xxx
This looks great John. Just love the colours.
ReplyDeleteThank you,
Sue Mac
Lovely card. I like the effect when you leave the die in the card as you emboss it. I haven't been brave enough to give it a try yet! Hope to see you tomorrow at the NEC.
ReplyDeleteGreat card, but upset I won't get to see you at the NEC, I'm going Sunday. SueL x
ReplyDeleteLooks fab John, wish I was there too, xxx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, fabulous card, fabulous colour, fabulous flowers!!! Enjoy your day!!! Safe journey!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Stunning card John love it thank you the colours are fab dies also thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xx
Morning John, your doing it again aren't you, another stupendous card today, got to try this one, I so love the blues you have used they really make the card sing out. Enjoy yourself at your workshop and also preparing for NEC, sadly I cannot get up there this time, gutted, will miss everyone, I so love the NEC.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning John, beautiful card today x
ReplyDeletebeautiful card, love the colours
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletelovely card - blaming you for me getting the Zoe die as well as all the others. It is so beautiful.
Have fun at the NEC, and thank you for beavering away and sharing with us.
Hugs, Rose
Morning John, lovely card, and so nice to see you back in your blue period. I think I like this better than your Tuesday card
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteTremendous Beautiful Card I Love The Very Stunning Colour Pallette
Hugs From Sam xxx
✂️ Carry On Creating ✂️
Love this card. :) I like the colour blue and this one is stunning. :)
ReplyDeletePatxxx
Great colour and the various techniques sound interesting so must try. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteGreat colour and the various techniques sound interesting so must try. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteBack to blue and white again I see. I am so pleased to see that you have put the method to re-create the use of an embossing folder through a die in writing. I did see you do it on TV but immediately forgot what you had said (I must be getting old!!!)
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Lovely card John Although I've seen this technique of leaving the die in place a few times by you, Sue etc I've still not tried it
ReplyDeleteWhat a great card I especially love the colours you have used. Have a good time at the NEC.
ReplyDeleteHi Sue, A lovely card.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
John this is another fab and beautiful card and I love the colours. just beautiful and I love it.
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteThe epitome of classic and elegant.
Hope you kept the girlies entertained today.
Didn't manage to bump into Ann at the NEC. :-(
Ang x
Lovely card in a gorgeous colour. I have this die and it is just beautiful. Pat x
ReplyDeleteLovely card today John. Locke the colour.. Thank you for sharing this today.
ReplyDelete