Don't the days fly I can't believe its Sunday again! Today Im am rushing up north to the wonderful ladies at Darlington at Franki's Craft, Coffee and Chat as well as catching up with a friend who has agreed to come and help me ( you know who you are lol) as I said the workshop is for 22 which is a bit of a stretch however I spent last night making more packs top so hopefully there will be enough to go round and the ladies will be good at sharing!
Back to today and as its Sunday its time for my design team inspiration over at the Creative Expressions blog. Now the blog is having a bit of a makeover so keep you eyes peeled HERE to see the changes taking place! Todays card is another of my demo's on Hochanda a few weeks ago however its perfect inspiration as it works with what we are using this moth as well as showing something different to do with our dies.
I started by cutting the opulent Octagons die twice in the centre of a piece of coconut white foundation card leaving a wide border in the middle. I just used the insert die form the set and not the outer die so that it cuts the detail form the rectangle. Next I cut a set of frames in blue and white using the double pierced rectangles sets A and B ( which give the thin border frames as shown)
Next I cut the largest outside oval from the cathedral background along with the centre detail section in the blue. I the used the larger outer and inner thiner oval die form the set to cut a thin border / frame in white. I foam mounted this over the detail. I used an oval die form my stay ( can't remember which set its form sorry) and stamped the sentiment onto it using Indigo Mist colour cloud blending ink.
The flowers were made by stamping the shaded orange blossom flowers and leaves in the colour cloud and then cut them out with the matching die sets. I made up three of the largest flowers and arranged them around the sentiment along the bottom of the card. I added the whole piece onto a large rectangle card blank and added a row of pearls around the frame.
To see what the rest of the design team have come up with this week click HERE.
Enjoy...
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card , love the style and all those pearls ahhh just gorgeous.
Enjoy your day .
Elaine H X
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA nice card Thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Good morning John, such a beautiful card John it's gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day!!! Have a safe journey!!!
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Morning John, absolutely lovely today's card xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, what a beautiful card love it.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove it! Have a good day! Take care out there.
Anne M xxx
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I hope your day goes well you are such a busy person. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, lovely colour.
B xx
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday!!
What a beautiful card, saw you demo this, not surprised that you forgot which die set the oval was from, there are so many!!
Enjoy your day up north. Safe journey
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T ✂️✂️🚗 xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning card today I love it. Another reason to get the cathedral background die set, didn't manage to order it yesterday but will be very soon.
Have a great time at your workshop.
Happy Sunday
Maggie
beautiful card, lovely colours.
ReplyDeleteMorning John, I remember seeing you do this on Hochanda and loved it then, the dies and stamps used really do make this one shine. I will pop over to CE blog in a minute once I have done my daily blog updates. Enjoy your workshop today, wish I could get there but you never know one day perhaps.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Beautiful card..enjoy your day out!
ReplyDeleteCarol
Another beautiful card John. The striplets make wonderful backgrounds don't they?
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, really lovely.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John, a lovely card. Love this striplet.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John, great card. The octagon Striplets is so useful. Enjoy your day up north. How about coming down to the South East, I am sure you would get a wonderful welcome. We are very neglected down here!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHi John, today's card is beautiful, love the use of dies and colours. Have a fabulous day with the demos. Take care. Bx
ReplyDeleteVery pretty John. Have a good trip. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeletePretty card, enjoy your day.
Lydia
X
Lovely card, as always. Have fun with the Darlington ladies. SueL x
ReplyDeleteVery pretty, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Stunning card John love it remember it on hochanda have an good day love m June Horrocks xxxx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteTerrific card with a fab background.
Hope you've arrived in Darlington by now. Enjoy your demo day and catch up.
Ang x
Morning John, This card is gorgeous !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Another stunner John, flowers are gorgeous, xxx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous beautiful card John and I love the colour, it is an ambition of mine to one day attend a demonstration of yours, it's just finding a place nearer to me when you are up north that will have spare places to attend, I bet the places go like hot cakes, hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteGorgeous beautiful card John and I love the colour, it is an ambition of mine to one day attend a demonstration of yours, it's just finding a place nearer to me when you are up north that will have spare places to attend, I bet the places go like hot cakes, hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteLovely card. I think the orange blossom stamps are a must to add to my dies, the make such gorgeous flowers.
ReplyDeleteT
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card John which i see is in John's favourite colour, lol. ANd hey you're right, age is just a number, i for instance never got any older than 19 even though the birth certificate says that i turn 50 this year. I hope that you and Anj have a great time with the ladies at your demonstration and safe journey back.
Crafty hugs
Norah (Glenochil Village)
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteTruly Stunning
Hugs From Sam xxx
✂️ Carry On Creating ✂️
Yes I am enjoying this card John its fab. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteAfternoon John, I hope you workshop goes well and yet another gorgeous card.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Linda xxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteI really admired and loved the design of this card when I saw it on your show, so I'm glad to see a close up today. Looking forward to my orange blossom stamp to arrive it finishes the flower off beautifully.
Hope you've had a good day.
Steph 😊
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteI really admired and loved the design of this card when I saw it on your show, so I'm glad to see a close up today. Looking forward to my orange blossom stamp to arrive it finishes the flower off beautifully.
Hope you've had a good day.
Steph 😊
Just gorgeous John. I can't wait for the octagon striplet to arrive at mine and I can play about with it. And yes, it's frightening how the days fly by - it'll soon be Christmas :-)
ReplyDeleteHugs, Rose
Hi John, hope you had a good weekend.
ReplyDeleteSome lovely cards over the few days and the paper pack
is real nice. Take care,
Maria x
Stunning John. I hope you're managing to have a rest now
ReplyDeleteWhat a great card. The strip lets are so useful as can be used to make lovely backgrounds. Have a good day.
ReplyDeleteJohn this is stunning ,love the striplets ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteSimply fabulous, I do love striplets. Pat x
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. Hope you've had a good day inDarlington - a long way for you to travel.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Another fabulous card using the striplet dies and so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI like the way you have put the focal element lower down giving this card such a pretty and different look ti it.
Absolutely drop dead gorgeous card!
ReplyDelete