I hope you all have some wonderful plans for the Easter break. I will be out on the road again on Saturday ( tomorrow) at Samuel Taylors in Leeds and at Mountain Ash Crafts in Stourbridge on Bank Holiday Monday. If you want a trip out this weekend it would be great to See you at either ( or both days lol)
For today's card I thought I should go for something really spring like as it is Good Friday and there's nothing more spring like than the buttermilk shade of my paper pack and Primrose foundation card!?!
I stared this card by stamping the sentiment from my daisy everyday elements stamps set and the daisy daisy square stamps in perfect medium and heat set them with cosmic shimmer true white detail embossing powder onto Primrose foundation card.
I cut these out and mounted them, with from tape of course, onto white foundation card die cut with the 2 squares in the Union Square die set designed by Sue Wilson. I matted these with more of the primrose and cut one of the dainty oval frames in primrose, cut it in half length ways and added these to the top and bottom of the stamped square. This has the wonderful advantage of making a square sentiment and stamp into a even rectangular card.
I added a panel embossed with the dotty daisy bossing folder which I shaded using lemon meringue colour cloud blending ink. finishing with layers of the white and primrose and a page from the buttermilk shade from my paper pack.
Next I made up some flowers using the smaller dies in the Orange blossom dies and the daisy dots paper, again in buttermilk. the foliage is cut in bright white form the laurel leaves dies with Phill Martin's Graceful Mustard PVA in the centres of the flowers.
All in all a little yellow but hopefully appreciate for the ( early) spring Easter!
Enjoy...
Morning John, what a gorgeous card today, loving the lemon and white xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a beautiful spring card love the colours.
ReplyDeleteHave a Happy Easter everyone.
Nancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA lovely sunny card Thank you.
Have a lovely Easter all and take care Kitty.
Hi John. A very bright and sunny card today, Happy Easter. Sue XX
ReplyDeleteLovely card for spring
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful spring card today. I love it.
We have our Daughter and two Eldest Grandaughters visiting over Easter. I have gathered some crafty stuff together for our eldest Grandaughters to play with. They love making cards etc.
Have a great time.
Maggie
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the bright vibrant yellow and the stamps and dies are amazing. Enjoy the weekend. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter!!!
Thank you John for a very pretty Spring looking card, the colour is soft and pleasing on the eye. Love the white frame, would look good with ribbon slotted through or narrow quilling paper even.
Have a lovely weekend despite having to work.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T 🐣🐣 xx
Woohoo you commented on my blog, thanks John,, Great card too, xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWho wouldn't get better for receiving a little Ray of sunshine like your card. I love the daisy embossing folder.
B xx
Good morning John. Lovely to have a touch of Spring especially as the weather sounds a bit dire for the weekend. The daisy embossing folder is definite on my wish list, but I did manage to buy some polishes from Julia yesterday. So looking forward to trying them out.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Good morning John with blue skies and some sun outside this morning this card certainly fits in so well. Have a good Easter love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, cheerful colours-perfect for spring.
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter.
Michele
Morning John, oh I love it, yes such a beautiful spring card today, love the yellow, I can just imagine a little baby chicken in the bottom of the picture looking for it's easter egg...... hahah.....Wish I could get to see you this weekend but alas it is not to be, I am still working on trying to get to Ally Pally though.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John, love this card, yellow is always a colour that cheers you up. Just like the sunshine outside the window. Have a lovely Good Friday. Bx
ReplyDeleteLovely cheery card for a sunny day and I will be seeing you on Monday as our places are booked at Mountain Ash. So looking forward to it. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteStunning card with Easter glow about it l love it thank you John
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxx
Hi John. Perfect card for Good Friday. Happy Easter. SueL x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John. Very cheerful in yellow.
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter. Xx
Beautiful spring like cards John, I hope you have some time to enjoy your Easter. I love the colours on these cards, they would make anyone smile. Rosemarie x
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely card to start the Easter weekend. I love the spotty flowers. Enjoy your weekend.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John, This is a beautiful card, ideal for Easter, very uplifting.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely cards - the yellow just sings out!
Anne M xxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card. Happy Easter to you ans yours.
Lydia
X
Love this beautiful card John, everything is perfect!
ReplyDeleteXxRuth
Really pretty
ReplyDeleteCarol
A really lovely card. Wishing you a very happy Easter, John. Have a good weekend. x
ReplyDeleteWow! This card definitely shouts spring to you. Stunning
ReplyDeleteLuv
Karen xx
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteWell this is just the perfect get well card that is sure to brighten up anyones day that is under the weather or feeling poorly. Oh how i could see that on some poor souls bedside locker in the hospital radiating out its warmth and happiness to brighten up even the worst of weather days. Thank you John for this beauty this morning and have a great time out and about this weekend.
crafty hugs
Norah (glenochil Village)
Lovey and Springlike John.Have a good Easter.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Lovely Easter card nice and yellow, I absolutely love it, hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteLovely Easter card nice and yellow, I absolutely love it, hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card today John. Very Spring like. Brighten anyone's day. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter John, even if it is a busy one !!!
ReplyDeleteLovely spring-like card - love the yellow colour.
Sue Mac
Hi John,
ReplyDeletejust lovely - that yellow is not too bright. And here's to an Easter that is full of joy for you (but it'll be busy!)
Hugs, Rose
I love all your cards. Easter wishes from Scotland.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely yellow card today, bright and beautiful, just like the weather here today.
Love Nancy xx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteDefinitely the essence of Spring. Cheery & bright just like it is as I'm typing this with the Sun on my cheeks.......the ones on my face before there's any misunderstanding lol!
Ang x
Happy Easter to you! A beautiful spring card.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Linda xxx
Hi John, a lovely spring-like card, lovely colours and stamps.
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter to you your family and all your blog followers.
Wendyx
Great card just the right colour for spring and Easter. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely card to celebrate Easter. Love the colours
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Good Morning John and a Happy Easter!
ReplyDeleteLovely spring like card, must get some cards @ AP. This yellow is so soft and mellow, very nice. Have a nice weekend and happy crafting out and about.
Maria x
Love the paper, love the dies, love the flowers and love the colour! Absolutely gorgeous John. Happy Easter to you and yours!
ReplyDelete