Happy Wednesday,
Firstly I wanted to say thank you to everyone who tuned in and order the one day special and the paper pad yesterday It sure was a busy set of shows and I was overwhelmed by the support and the number of emails that came into the studio. It was so uplifting to see how many of you liked my new spring ranges and the paper pad in particular!
I thought today I would share with you one of the demo card from yesterday that didn't get demoed I went through as many as I could! I had planned to demo this card in the Chambray colour way but just didn't get the chance!
I started this card by making a 21cm x 21cm card blank in white ( using a sheet of A4 bright white card) and added a layer of primrose and of white before adding a panel of the Daisy Trail paper in buttermilk which I had cut with the largest of the double pierced squares. I used the outline die form the new york union square die to cut the centre out first and matted this onto a piece of the white then primrose.
Next I mounted the smaller square onto more of the primrose and added a double stripe of yellow seam binding and thin white satin ribbon down the left hand side.
I stamped the daisy heart, in watering can archival ink, and coloured this using my Harmony alcohol markers to add shading to the flowers and around the heart. I then cut one of the detail dies in the union square die in white and the smaller square in primrose and foam mounted these all together in the centre.
I finished with a double messy bow and a few 5mm stick on pearls in white at each corner to frame the central element.
I know its another yellow card but this could be remade in any of the colours in the paper pad range to really say spring is on the way ( hopefully)
Enjoy...
Hi john.
ReplyDeleteThank you for all the great tips on your shows, beautiful cards too.
take care Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a beautiful card thank you tracyw x
Morning John, absolutely gorgeous and love the colour, your shows were fantastic.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Good morning John, it's like a ray of sunshine on this very gloomy morning!!! You don't give yourself enough credit!!! Your talent knows no bounds : ) your shows were fantastic : ) Thankyou!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteYour shows were great - watched on catchup. The new range is fab and cost me an arm and a leg yesterday! Hey - Ho - more to play with!
Love it so bright and cheery for this dull weather.
Anne M xxx
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteThank you for another lovely card. The yellow brightens the day as it raining in Hull. Hope you have got over your packed day at Hochanda, I loved all that I managed to watch, set record for a show and got Crafters Companion instead.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteToday's And Yesterday's Cards Are Truly Stunning I Just Love The Awesome Stamps Thanks For Sharing...
Hugs From Sam xxx
✂️ Carry On Creating ✂️
Another great card John.
ReplyDeleteThe stamps are beautiful xx
Hi John, your shows were great, love the paper pads and stamps. And another yellow card, well that is just perfect to brighten a dull and rainy day. Take care. Bx
ReplyDeleteLove this card
ReplyDeleteCarol
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I just love it. I would like to know if you cut the heart out with a die. I really enjoyed your shows. I learnt so much as I always do. I hope you get some rest today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGood morning John. Your shows were brilliant - wonderful demos, pretty cards and beautiful products. A godsend yesterday as I was having to rest a damaged leg! Not had an excuse to sit and watch TV like that before. I've ordered a couple of things including the lovely papers.
ReplyDeleteDo hope we will get to use some of the stamps at your workshop next week and also see the beautiful samples.
Well done - you must be so pleased, but hope you get a little break today.
Jan
Northampton
Hi john your cards are stunning as always I really enjoyed your shows yesterday it was great to see you as I've been away on holiday and couldn't get hochanda on my I pad looking forward to seeing you on Sunday at franki's xx
ReplyDeletelove these colours John
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteThis card is gorgeous, nice an Spring like just what we need on a horrible rainy day.
I loved your shows, and love all your stamps & papers.
You are a very talented artist.
Thanks for sharing
Maggie
Beautiful card, so pretty & springlike.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card. Your demos on Hochanda were great.
The rain is beating against the window and the wind is gusting, so your spring-like card was a treat.
B xx
Fab card John. Loved your shows, as always. Xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat shows yesterday, Lovely card.
Lydia
X
Hi John, Really enjoyed all your shows, you are one very talented man. I am loving these spring colours, so uplifting when the weather is horrible and wet. Hope you get a break today. You should be very proud of yourself. Love RosemRie x
ReplyDeleteIt's a lovely card John, so pleased for you yesterday,
ReplyDeleteXxxRuth
Beautiful card John. I'm getting to like yellow more and more seeing these!
ReplyDeleteThis is so pretty, John. It really brightens up a dismal morning here in Northampton.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Enjoyed what I saw of your shows yesterday John some beautiful samples love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteLovely card John and I can't wait for my stamps and paper pack to arrive. :) Loved the shows they were like a breath of spring in this dismal gray winter. Love Daisys and have a friend who loves them and can hardly wait to make her a card with my new stamps. :) Thanks for a lovely collection. :)
ReplyDeletePat Platt xxxx
Morning John s stunning card today love the colours the papers are lovely thank you for sharing. The shows were great lots of tips love
ReplyDeleteJune Horrocks xxxx
Hi John. Loved the shows, the demos and all your hints and tips. I agree with others you are very talented and your stamps and paper are fab and l'm looking forward to them arriving here soon. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Really enjoyed your shows and it is so nice seeing yellow coloured cards, perfect for this time of year. SueL x
ReplyDeleteMorning John, another really pretty spring-like card. love the papers and stamps. You must be so proud of yourself
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John, I don't think to use yellow much but this is stunning. Can't wait for the pad to arrive. Thanks for all the inspiration. Denise x
ReplyDeletePretty card, like the yellow a lot. Still catching up on the shows to see what you got up to. A stinking cold is preventing me concentrating so may have to leave it a few days.
ReplyDeleteT
Another yellow card again today - this colour is really beginning to grow on me or maybe it is because the cards are so pretty. Loved the shows yesterday.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Oh, this is lovely and springlike - great for cheering me up on a wet, wet, wet day !!
ReplyDeleteMany thanks,
Sue Mac
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAnother gorgeous card, it's lovely, aided and abetted by those lovely papers of yours.
Hugs, Rose
Beautiful, loving the papers and ribbon too.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Linda xx
Daisies and Sunflowers are my favourite flowers. Trying to decide which combination of stamps set to buy.
ReplyDeletewell done John on another set of fabulous shows and demos yesterday. I loved every single show and the cards you made were all stunning as is todays card.
ReplyDeleteI am enjoying all the daisy cards and will definitely be buying the stamps and the beautiful paper pad.
Although I will have to buy two of the pads because like you I like to have one to look at lol
Gorgeous card John the colours are beautiful hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John the colours are beautiful hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteThe most miserable of days that has been brightened by this lemony lusciousness!
Lovely layers that show off your papers a treat.
Ang x
Beautiful and I love the colours I admit I only ever use pink and red for heart shapes I must think outside the box more
ReplyDeleteLovely cheerful springlike card. Really enjoyed your shows yesterday. You make it all seem so easy.
ReplyDeletegreat stamps ,yellow is lovely don't see it too often,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John, A definitely 'uplifting'card, I love it !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteYet another lovely card.
Unfortunately didn't get to watch your shows.
Tuesday mornings I go for my Parchment tuition! By the time I get home again it's getting late.
Love Nancy x
I love your new paper! This card is lovely in yellow which really feels like spring! The card is gorgeous!
ReplyDelete