Happy Monday,
I hope you all had a nice break over the aster period and have plans for today's bank Holiday, I will be demoing at Mountain Ash Crafts in Stourbridge today form 10am till 4pm so if you want a trip out come and say hi! As its Easter an we traditionally have chocolate eggs I would make a card in a chocolate shade today especially as I am on a diet and am avoiding real chocolate!
This is a darker and richer card than I have been making but it can't all be spring can it lol? I hope you don't mind but with so much on I'm really struggling with instructions at the moment! Suffice to say this card is made using the scattered leaves background by Sue Wilson for Creative expressions.
Ingredients:
Dies
Scattered Leaves Background
New Zealand Tag
Lace Edged Leaves
Cosmic Shimmer
Diamond Snow,
Chocolate Metallic Gilding wax
Foundation card in Chocolate & Iris
I hope you are all having a f=great Easter break!
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a great card today.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Morning John, a fabulous card wish I had stuck to chocolate card I ate that much chocolate I was up half the night I am a member at slimming world so will have some explaining to do on Thursday well it was good at the time but still feel ill.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGood morning!! The card really makes a change being dark colours instead of pastels.
Enjoy your demoing at Stourbridge, drive carefully.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGreat chocolate diet ! Wish i'd thought of that one instead of eating a bit over the weekend! My diet is going well though - you can see you have lost weight so keep it up.
Have a good day evryone - I'm at work!
Aggggh ....
Anne M xxx
Good morning John. Love the card and appropriate colour. Have a good day in Stourbridge.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw x
Hi John. Wonderful chocolate card, it makes a lovely change Sue xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, and the colour really is like chocolate.
B xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card today, I love the chocolate colours. Think most of us wish we had made a chocolate card instead of eating chocolate lol.
I hope you are getting some breaks from your busy schedule.
Enjoy your day, and take care travelling in this awful weather.
Maggie
Gorgeous card and lovely colours
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, I do like your colour choice. Love the scattered leaves die, it makes a real statement on a card.
Lydia
x
X
Beautiful, just looking at this makes me want chocolate!
ReplyDeleteCarol
Good morning John chocolate card is a much better idea! Very wild here this morning so safe travels. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a gorgeous card. I love everything about it. I hope you had a good day yesterday and that everything goes well today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, perfect colours as a chocolate substitute.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John, a beautiful card, whatever colour you use and its nice to see a darker shade occasionally.
ReplyDeleteI think you need to slow down a bit John or you will be ill, you really need some time off to re-charge your batteries.
Wendyx
A stunning card today John love it thank you for sharing hope you have s good demo day xxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxxx
Wow this is a stunner John
ReplyDeleteA great card today and the only chocolate I am having over the weekend. As someone else said, perhaps you need to slow down a bit John and don't burn yourself out. You are so good at what you do. No one would mind if you took a few days of. Lecture over. Be careful out there today, the weather is terrible. Love Rosemarie x
ReplyDeleteHi John, another gorgeous card that you are sharing with us today, love the colours and the flower element with the ribbon. Have a great day, travel safely in the storm. Bx
ReplyDeleteAnother gorgeous card today John. Struggled reading your blog yesterday lol, don't think you're having enough sugar, a tiny square of dark chocolate won't hurt your diet it's the best to have when dieting as it's stronger in cocoa so gives you that 'hit' you crave.
ReplyDeleteDon't know if you've been to Stourbridge before but their Black Country accent can be so strong it's hard to understand lol, before moving up to Lancashire we lived a stones throw from Stourbridge and even WE had problems understanding the odd person so good luck and have fun xx
Lovely colours and a great card, John. Have a good day in Stourbridge.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Love your card today, the colours are gorgeous. Hoping to keep up with your blog but away at a crafting retreat in the Ribble Valley and signal not always good. Fingers crossed. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful card. I love the way you've arranged the leaves among the buds and the ribbon. My husband and I shared a chocolate orange. All gone now, so temptation is out of the way. Not sure that eating it is the best solution though! Have a good day today. Safe travels. Anne O
Love the colour chocolate brown - like you I am off the real thing but this card is really lovely.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks,
Sue Mac
Great card John and a wonderful way of dieting.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Hello John what a gorgeous card, so elegant and I really love these colours.
ReplyDeleteI also wanted to say that your Daisy stamp set is wonderful and a pleasure to stamp and colour, Kate x
Lovely! Good enough to eat.
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteI think the chocolate foundation card is fab!
Smiles
June
Morning John, oh love this card, yes does remind me of chocolate, and although I am not a lover of chocolate I really love this card, such rich colours. Don't worry about the instructions because I think most people can fathom it out, if I get a chance I will check to see if I have all the ingredients so I can make it.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hello John
ReplyDeleteLove this Chocolate colour card design.
I do like chocolate but I gave up eating it for Lent, so yesterday was the first taste for some time! Not sure I have missed it though, so will try and limit the amount from now on.
Have a great day at your crafty event.
Lol Barbara W xx
Lovely card John such an awesome colour CHOCOLATE, I love it, have fun today, love Johanna
ReplyDeleteLovely card John such an awesome colour CHOCOLATE, I love it, have fun today, love Johanna
ReplyDeleteVery classy card today John. Love the colour scheme and all the embellishments. Almost good enough to eat (would it count as chocolate?)
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, thank you for sharing.
Hugs, Rose
Beautiful card. Absolutely nothing wrong with chocolate of either the colour or the edible variety. Lol
ReplyDeleteluv
Karen xx
Hi John, This is truly 'scruptuous', I love the rich and opulent colour and the whole card is stunning.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
A lovely chocolatey card well done for avoiding the calorific kind Even though I'm diabetic there is something about thin crispy Easter egg chocolate that irresistable
ReplyDeleteWell, this is the only chocolate I've had this Easter and it's gorgeous! Nice to see a change of colour. Pat x
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteMuch prefer this delicious chocolate than the sweet stuff. Gloriously rich and indulgent but without the calories lol!
Ang x
Beautiful card today John. Love the colours. Hope you had a good day.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteyummy chocolate card ! Love it.
Didn't touch the real stuff over Easter but did
have cake :-) Hope you had fun,
hugs Maria
Sorry I am very late posting all I seem to be doing lately is playing catch up.
ReplyDeleteJohn this is far better than any Easter egg and lasts a lot longer.
I love the layering of those gorgeous dies and I love the rich brown.
Really love this one and I would give all the easter eggs in the world and have this card instead.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI really, really love this card! I love everything about it even though it looks like chocolate and I'm also on a diet, lol. Thanks so much for posting this.
Jayne x