Happy Wednesday,
It's another sample form my Shows at the beginning of this week as I thought you might all like a closer look! I have to admit although I'm not much of a colourist I love how this one came out.
I stared by stamping the daisy Daisy heart rubber stamp in watering can archival ink onto bright white foundation card. I then coloured the image using seedless preserves distress markers around the edges. Next I pulled out the colour using a water brush.
Next I drew a square on another piece of bright white card and stamped the corner flourish, from the Primrose elements clear stamp set, again in watering can along the edges of 2 opposing corners of the square. I cut the square out by hand and coloured the flowers in the same manner using Shabby Shutters for the leaves and spiced marmalade for the flower centres and the shading on the leaves.
I made up the card as shown using a shaded sentiment from the primrose everyday sentiments in the centre and a set of embossed an matted layers at the back.
A simply coloured image but hopefully effective.
The winners of this weeks completion are
The Card on Monday
Stephanie Cotterill
The Tuesday demo pack is
Norah McPhee
If you email me your address on Lockers@live.co.uk I will get the prizes sent to you!
More chances to win next week!
Enjoy...
Loving todays card John, the Daisy hears stamp looks so delicate , lovely colors used.
ReplyDeleteWell done to your lucky winners.
Take Care
Elaine H X
Hi John what a stunning card love the colours and the dies and the stamps thanks tracyw x
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a gorgeous card love the colour. Congratulations Stephanie and Nora well done.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeletethank you a very pretty card.
congratulations to Stephanie and Nora. Take care and have fun Kitty.
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty card and the colouring of the flowers certainly coins the phrase " Handmade" not "Homemade".
You say you are not a colourist, but these look great. Hope you have recovered from Hochanda 's frenetic Monday. Congratulations to the winners!!!!
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxxx
Hi John. Beautiful card, love the colours. Congratulations Stephanie and Norah. Sue XXX
ReplyDeleteMorning John, I would say simply stunning today xx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John. Really liked this when I watched the demo. Well done to the winners.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Beautiful card
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to the lucky winners
Carol
Morning John, a very pretty card, love the soft lilac/purple, and the corner elements are very effective. Well done to Stephanie and Norah. Have a great day all. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother beautiful card today.
I managed to get your beautiful paper pad yesterday, there was two left at Daisys and my Sister and I had one each.
Congratulations to the winners.
Have a great day
Maggie
Good morning John this is a stunning card I love the stamps you have used. I think I need the daisy heart stamp and I must get some grey stamping ink. You are an inspiration. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteGreat shows! Really enjoyed them. Congratulations winners!
Anne M xxx
A lovely card John
ReplyDeleteThe daisy stamps are on my wish list I have the first set you released and they are great to work with xxx
Congratulations to the winners. Love this card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Beautiful card John
ReplyDeleteLovely card, very pretty.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to the winners especially Norah.
Michele
This is a lovely card John and your colouring is great , really pretty .
ReplyDeleteCongrats to the lucky winners!
XxxRuth
Gorgeous card John and I love the technique of leaving the stamped bit and not cutting it with die, xxx
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to the winners.
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovely card John and your coloring is brilliant.
Enjoy the day.
Hazel c uk
It is very effective I love it Congrats to Stephanie and Norah
ReplyDeleteMy favourite colour and I love the design, just lovely. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteSo beautifully sweet..
:-)
Lorna D
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card, and the flowers are a lovely colour (obviously the cultivated kind rather than wildflowers).
B xx
Super card John. Loved the shows, hope you're back on again soon. X
ReplyDeleteGood morning John,
ReplyDeleteOh what a beautiful card you have made with your heart stamp and the cascade of beautiful flowers and in such a pretty colour of lilac. This one card that i got to see you make before the TV got taken from me and i just fell in love with it. I think this card could be for so many occasions but i would have made it for my Mum as she would have loved it. Thank you John for your inspiration that you give to us each day.
I am one of your lucky winners John and would just like to say thank you so much for giving away your demo kit that you prepared for the shows, i look forward to it's arrival,
crafty hugs
Norah (Glenochil Village)
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card.
Lydia
X
Good morning John, beautiful card today it's my favourite colour : )
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to Stephanie and Norah!!!
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Nice one John!
ReplyDeleteT
Stunning card John
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to Stephanie and Norah. Gorgeous card John. :) I do love your new stamps. :)
ReplyDeletePatxxx
Beautiful card John.
ReplyDeletemany congrats to the lucky winners.
Love Val x
Lovely card, John. Those inks are gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteAs are your stamps, of course.
Hugs, Rose
Stunning card John love tha colours thank you for sharing
ReplyDeleteLove June xxxx
Morning John
ReplyDeleteAn adorable card, colours and design so perfect
Smiles
June
Love the card today John. The stamps are fab. I had completely forgotten the technique to die cut images that are too large to fit into the area of the die. Thanks for the reminder.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
good morning John, you say you can't colour but I think the card looks great. Congratulations to Stephanie and Nora. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, such a pretty card, and beautiful colour and the stamps are fabulous.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to the lucky winners I am sure you will enjoy making the card
Wendyx
Beautiful and congratulations to the winners
ReplyDeleteHugs
Linda xxx
hi john
ReplyDeleteloving todays design
xx
Afternoon John, sorry late today as I have been at craft club all morning. Loving the card today, hopefully my stamps will come out soon, I love the papers too. Oh and I tried the mica powders yesterday by mixing with water and matching the colours up to one of Phill's paper pads, I was really pleased with myself....well it doesn't take much.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Whoops sorry John I forgot to congratulate the winners of the comp. well done ladies.
ReplyDeleteGreat card I really enjoyed it when you did the demo. Shall have to try this for myself.
ReplyDeleteAfternoon John, beautiful card, love the way you have done the corners and the colour. Well done girls.
ReplyDeleteOh I love this gorgeous card John, the design with that heart is fabulous and what glorious colours, Kate x
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card! Love the spring-like Colors!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John such lovely colours, well done Steph and Nora enjoy your prize, Johanna x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John such lovely colours, well done Steph and Nora enjoy your prize, Johanna x
ReplyDeleteStunning card. you can never go wrong with purple!! Lol
ReplyDeleteLuv
karen xx
John this a gorgeous and very pretty card.
ReplyDeleteI love the way you have cut the detail in the corners and left the rest
of the square intact.
I saw you demo it and was amazed then and I am amazed again.
As for your colouring in and shading it is perfect and I really love all of your stamps,
one day I will have the collection.
As I definately would love to make this card.
fab card looks fab ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteAn 8x8 piece of gorgeousness. Beautiful design and colours/colouring.
Ang x
Beautiful card John. Congratulations to the winners.
ReplyDelete