Happy Thursday,
Well I know you wouldn't grout your bathroom with Lilac sparkle texture paste but how about an embossed background and flowers?
I stared today's card by embossing a piece of bright white foundation card with the Jacobean floral embossing folder by Sue Wilson . I then grouted the debossed side using Sparkle texture paste in Graceful Lilac. Sue Wilson has made an instruction video on this on the Creative Expressions you tube channel if you want to see how to do this technique.
Once dry, which takes about 10 minutes, I cut the second largest die from the Australian background ( die no 2) form the piece and mounted this onto a piece cut form the main die in the set. Next I added the waste behind the die cut so that it shows through the slots around the side.
Next, using the Heart of Hearts die I cut the largest and smallest hearts form the set in blue dusk and bright white. I then stamped one of the sentiments from my Primrose everyday elements set in Blue Violet archival ink and cut it out by hand shading around int with more of the blue violet ink and a mini smoothie. I mounted this with foam tape onto each of the die cut hearts in turn and arranged it in the centre of my grouted panel.
Finally I made up the sweetheart flowers by cutting the complete petals in the grouted paper and the open petals in the bright white card. I mounted these together and cut into the centre between each petal before shaping the flowers and adding them, with the lace edged leaves cut in the blue, around the heart sentiment.
An effective card that is quite simple too make especially if you have a few pieces of the grouted paper to hand like I do form all the demos I do.
Enjoy...
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card love the colours thank you tracyw x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card love the colours thank you tracyw x
Love the cards you've been making this past week
ReplyDeleteMorning John, absolutely gorgeous card today, and yes I would grout my bathroom in textured paste xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLove this card so fresh just with the blue and white.
Jan
Hi John. Beautiful card and I agree with June - I think a bathroom grouted in sparkle texture paste would be lovely! Sue XXX
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeletea lovely card thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Wow stunning
ReplyDeleteCarol
Oh John , This is stunning - love it! Nearly bought this embossing folder yesterday - I'm definately buying it now!
ReplyDeleteAnne M xxx
Beautiful card! Thanks so much John! x
ReplyDeleteLovely card, very pretty.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John, lovely card today, I have done the grouting technique after seeing Sue's video a while ago and it is very satisfying and gives a really good effect. I love the way you have put this card together, you clever chappie you xxxx
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John, such a fabulous card, love the background, and the way you have used the flowers around the heart. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteWow this card is stunning. You are so talented I don't know how you keep coming up with these different designs.
So glad you do though as it helps give me inspiration. You have now given me an idea for a card I need to make.
Thanks for sharing
Maggie
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I just love it. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGood morning John. What a pretty embossing folder which looks even better grouted. A lovely card.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Good morning John
ReplyDeleteThis is another amazing card. Have watched Sue doing this grouting effect on one of her videos .
Hope you have recovered from your hectic shows on Hochanda .
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxxx
Beautiful card, John.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI do like this paper grouting technique. It is so effective.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Lovely Card John.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteMust get this fab embossing folder out of its packet as hoping to have some craft time at the weekend.
Stunning card and a sparkle paste grouted bathroom sounds super!
Have a great day.
Ang x
I love that John. It's an absolutely beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card and one to try definitely, and why wouldn't you grout the bathroom in purple sparkly paste........
ReplyDeleteLuv jxxx
This is really pretty, John. Thank you so much for sharing your grouting with us !!
ReplyDeleteSue Mac
Great card John. I think I might grout my bathroom with sparkle texture paste, better than the hiring white! I love the way everything matches on your cards. Love Rosemarie x
ReplyDeleteSuper card John. Love the technique. X
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card.
B xx
Stunning card John
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely gorgeous, such a lovely colour. I love the grouting technique, it gives such a lovely sparkle. Pat x
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, love it all.
Lydia
X
Like many of the commenters above, I love the grouting technique with embossing folders, great fun! Lovely card.
ReplyDeleteT
Love the card John the colours are fab thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning Beautiful Card
Hugs From Sam xxx
✂️ Carry On Creating ✂️
Beautiful card today John. Haven't tried this technique yet but must have a go. I wouldn't mind grouting my bathroom with lilac grout. It is already lilac so would go well.😀
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, sounds like a good idea to grout the bathroom in texture paste if it looks as good hasyour card!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Good morning John lovely idea for a bathroom I must say! Colour combination looks nice together. Have a good Easter love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteLovely technique on this really beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Val Jones said it all. Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend John.
Hugs, Rose
I think Lilac sparkle texture paste would look amazing in the bathroom! Beautifully layered card, romantic and pretty.
ReplyDeleteKentish Sue
if i thought i could get away with grouting my bathroom or kitchen walls with the sparkle texture paste i would! Dread to think how many pots it would take to do this unless it was grouted the usual boring way first then i topped it with the sparkle paste hmmmmmmm i wonder............. Beautiful card it's a fabuous inspiration thanks
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of texture paste as grouting, not sure hubby would appreciate the cost though lol.
ReplyDeleteJohn I love this card and the paper grouting looks beautiful especially in that pretty colour.
I love how you have used the australian background too, I am finding the outer die in the set so useful and have used it on many cards,
I love this card.
Love this card and the colours you have used. Must have a go at the grouting technique.
ReplyDeleteHello John
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card today and I love the technique.
I have been experimenting with glitter paste and am amazed at the number of different looks you can achieve.
Lol Barbara W xx
Is there a problem with glittered grouting?? Lol. Love this technique. Gorgeous card
ReplyDeleteLuv
Karen xx
Beautiful technique and loving the colours, my favourite.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Linda xxx
Great technique John. I tried this one with the poinsettia folder using gold sparkle texture paste on black card at Christmas. Very dramatic. I may have used plain coloured flowers to stand out against the busy background.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Beautiful card John x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful ..Love the colours x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John. I love the technique for the background and using it. On the other layer really brings it all together. Lovely flowers...are they Sue Wilsons?
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John love the lilac colours and it would make a great valentines card in red.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Love it! I must have another go at grouting It's so effective The card is beautiful
ReplyDeleteLove this copied it for my son's anniversary with a slight twist your so talented thanks stellax
ReplyDelete