Today I am running a workshop for a lovely craft group in St Helen's, the ladies have booked this with me and we will be making an array of projects as well as crafting and chatting. Remember if you would like me to run a workshop in your area you simply need to either get your local craft shop or group to email me and I will see what I can arrange.
Today's card is a real change from yesterday and back to the spring like yellow that I seem to have fallen for at the moment. It seems so easy to use this colour now I have eight designs in matching shades in my paper pack! ( honestly I don't just design for my own use lol)
I started by stamping the lily lattice circle in watering can archival ink onto the spring trail pattern in buttermilk. I cut this out around the edge and then added one of the sentiments that fit in the centre from my Lily of the Valley everyday sentiment set. I cut this out with the circle die in the Maggie frame and tags set and added a thin white mat cut using the larger circle in the Melbourne shape die set and foam mounted these into the centre.
Next I cut the three complete petals sweetheart flowers form the daisy dots paper and added the outline open petals ( that come in the same set) in bright white foundation card. I added a PVA pearl drop using Phill Martin's graceful mustard to add interest and finish the flowers.
to make the backing I embossed apiece of bright white using the Rose Blooms pinpoint embossing folder and rubbed Pearl Lustre metallic gilding polish all over out, i polished it off and cut a panel using the outline die ( die number 2) from the Australian background die set. I added this to a panel cut using the largest die in the Australian background set I added the waste from the spring trail pair behind this and matted it with primrose foundation card.
I cut the lace edged leaves ( you get both mirror images in the set) from bright white foundation card. I arranged these around the circle and added the flowers on top around the bottom right. I added the whole panel to an embossed piece embossed using the victorian tile embossing folder again covering it i the metallic gilding polish. A few more layers of white and primrose, a few PVA pearl dots and done.
Long instructions but thought I should make up for the lack yesterday! I had a fab day at Mountain Ash crafts yesterday what a wonderful place in the middle of a vineyard!
Enjoy..
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely card Thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Morning John, what a stunning card today xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, a lovely card today, gorgeous soft yellow and some great stamping. Have a good day. Bx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card today. Yellow is not a colour I use very often but this one is gorgeous and ass I have the paper pad, I'll be playing this afternoon. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteMaggie B xx
Morning John, a gorgeous card love the colours.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John a beautiful spring card today, I too love the yellow's you have been using and your papers are absolutely fabulous, thanks also for the detailed instructions.
ReplyDeleteWish I could have got to the Vineyards with you yesterday but it was not to be.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw
Beautiful card, perfect Spring colours.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning card today. I love the yellow
Have fun at your workshop.
Maggie
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove the yellow. Have fun while i'm at work!
Anne M xxx
Morning John, This is lovely. I hope you have a great day with the lucky peeps in St Helens, it's not far away from me. Glad your workshops went well yesterday. You are a busy bee.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hello John. Another really lovely card and thanks for the instructions - will give it a go !
ReplyDeleteSue Mac
Beautiful card
ReplyDeleteCarol
Very pretty and spring like card John. Love it. glad you had a good day yesterday, in the middle of a vineyard!!!!!! Love Rosemarie x
ReplyDeleteReally lovely card and I must say yellow is growing on me. Thank for such a fab demo day yesterday. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely card.
ReplyDeleteLove this yellow paper, John. The stamps look great.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the spring like colours. Enjoy your day today it sounds brilliant. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteThank you for another stunning card. Love the yellow with white and the corner combo looks great ( love sweet heart flowers)
Enjoy your workshop
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxx
Beautiful card
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, have a good day at the demo.
Lydia
X
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card, the yellow is growing on me. Beautiful flowers.
B xx
What a beauty John love it the papers are lovely thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June xxxx
Hi John, lovely card, your stamps and papers are beautiful, and I am slowly being converted to yellow.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John. Today's card is fab. Like you I am just discovering the beauty of yellow and I fell in love with the lily lattice circle as soon as I saw it. Thank you
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Another lovely card
ReplyDeleteI hope you got me a bottle of wine yeasterday !!!! YOur in my neck of the woods today, have a good day and a lovely card, xxx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John unfortunately your card shows as pink and orange in the photos apart from the close up but I'm sure it is very pretty in real life! Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Never thought of using yellow until I saw your cards. Now I'm hooked.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card.
Love Val x
Hello John, totally gorgeous, I love the beautiful colours and fabulous design, thanks for your visit, Kate x
ReplyDeleteJohn,
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love this card. it has to be one of my all time favorite!!! To begin with, Yellow is my favorite colour. I love the rose embossing folder. The whole card is a beautiful composition.
Thank you for sharing. I definitely want to try this one!!
Hi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a super card, and your design is so lovely, and very spring like.
Love everything about it.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
Great card today so right for Spring even though it is pouring with rain down here in Devon.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beauty of a card! Love the design.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Linda xxx
Afternoon John. Hope the head is ok after yesterday's work shop lol (only jesting)
ReplyDeleteIt's so nice to open your blog and be greeted by a beautiful spring card, especially when it looks & feels more like Autumn up here (being close to Lands you'll know exactly what I mean) !! What a vile drive home for you, that's if you drive that is.
Thank you for putting a smile on my face with such a beautiful 'happy' card. Have a good day xx
That should have read Lancs not Lands ! Stupid predictive text
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John. The colour and your flowers really make it something special. Pat x
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. I rarely use yellow but it is growing on me. It looks very Springlike.
ReplyDeleteThat is so pretty John. Just about to try out the gilding paste which arrived today.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Very pretty card. Am increasingly partial to yellow these days.
ReplyDeleteT
Beautiful just beautiful
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteLemony loveliness. A definite vision of Spring. Beautiful design.
Best wishes.
Ang x
Another stunning card today, I love the lattice stamp
ReplyDeleteand it is now on my list of must haves.
also love the embossing and one of my favourite dies the Australian background is so useful and I am using quite a lot lately.
What lovely die cuts, layers and design.
ReplyDeleteHugs Diane