Todays card has been posted thanx to a lovely email from a lady called Rose who emailed me to say how much she liked the soft sage and warm linen demo I did on my last Hochanda show. This reminded me that this card deserved its day in the sun. I also thought I should keep up the theme of spring especially as the weather has been so wet and windy!
I hope you caught the demo on his one as although it looks complex it is a relatively ( for me at least) a simple card to put together.
I started by selecting all the designs in the soft sage ciolourway from my Spring Shades collection paper pad. Next I created a set of matted layers, using Bright white foundation card ending the last layer as a hand cut flag. I embossed a piece of the card with the new Sue Wilson Daisy Dots embossing folder and shaded around the edges using Frosted Jade colour cloud to highlight the pattern and to make the card match the tones of the papers.
I cut a circle fame using dies from Sue Wilsons italian collection and using the small daisy border in the daisy trail elements set stamped over this with watering can archival ink. I then stamped the flower word friend from the spring words set onto ore of the patterned paper and cut this to a flag.
The flowers were made sing the cornflower die and I made one u in each of the 6 sizes adding a stick on pearl in the centre of each. I arranged these as shown using the white pearl swirls as the foliage along the side of the main flag.
This card could be made for any occasion and in any of the 6 colours in the paper pad, how that for flexibility?!?
More tomorrow,
Enjoy...
Stunning
ReplyDeleteCarol
Morning John, I loved this card too and the colour it's so soft and gentle not in your face.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeletewhat can I say, just stunning. thank you.
take care and have fun kitty.
Morning John, your card is absolutely gorgeous x
ReplyDeletelove this card and the colour
ReplyDeleteLovely card,
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Hi John, a really pretty card, it does look very complex. Love the shade of green. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteThank you for this lovely card, I watched you demo this to. Colourway is lovely very good for a mans card.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xx
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the shades of green you have used. It does look like a complex card to make. Thank you for answering my question yesterday. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGood morning John. Another great card. Looking forward to receiving the things I bought so I can have a play.
ReplyDeleteImagine my surprise yesterday when an email arrived from Lorna at Hochanda to say I'd won a card from your show. Thank you so much.
Jan
Northampton
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteI love this card, and love the way all your papers go together so well.
No crafting for me today, I am babysitting again.
Have a great day
Maggie
Morning John, hope all is well with you, yes I caught you doing this on Hochanda and was so enchanted with it, got to have a go when I get my C.Cloud through. I can't make up my mind which I like best, yesterdays stunning yellow one or today's, you are such a talented designer, I think I will go down the middle and say it is a dead heat...but I am leaning towards the yellow one. haha!!!
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGreat shows ! Watched them back last nightOrdered some of your stampsand can't wait to recieve them and get going! Fabulous darling!Love it.
Anne M xxx
Beautiful card, I love the fact it's all in the same colour-stunning.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John great idea using all the same shades of one colour way love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, this is one of my favourite shades of green and loving the card design.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Linda xxx
I loved this design too and was madly sketching it as you showed it thinking "please blog this, my drawing was terrible" To me, what makes this so different from other flag cards is the way you have trailed the flowers all the way up the card
ReplyDeletePS I love this soft sage colour too Green was my school uniform colour and always - with everything, clothes, knitting, card making shy away from using it
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, i love the colours and the design is lovely too
ReplyDeleteLove this colour, John. A beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Saw you demo this and loved the colours and style, lovely. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteVery subtle shades, I like it.
ReplyDeleteT
Yes I saw this on hochanda John thought is was stunning it does need it's place in the sun !!!!!!!beautiful
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxxxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, such a pretty colour.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeletethank you for showing this card - It is stunning and shows off the beautiful papers to perfection. Certainly singing to me - thinking of snowdrops with that lovely colour.............
Hugs, Rose
Wow John this is lovely, beautiful card and such a pretty colour, it certainly deserves its day on the blog.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Lovely and thanks to your demos on tv I am now using my cornflower die. SueL x
ReplyDeleteLovely as usual - the colours are great. many thanks.
ReplyDeleteSue Mac
Looks gorgeous John, Will get to the shows this weekend!!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John, those colours are lovely. Hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John, those colours are lovely. Hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteA great multiple layers card.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletebeautiful card, and such lovely shade of green.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
Hi John, I love this colour and I love this card, it is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John, this is exactly my sort of card. Olive green or sage green is my favourite colour and the design of the card is my thing too. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Lovely card John, love the soft green.
ReplyDeleteGreat card. Saw you demo it so glad you did as I want to have a go at making a similar card.
ReplyDeleteHi John, saw you demo this : ) green is my favourite favourite colour really it is!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteSorry I haven't watched you demise yet, how bad is that.
I do love this card and the sage green colours. Yes, we do need some Spring cards with all this wet and cold weather.
great shows,Laura O
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteBit concerned about Pats comment above as I don't want to see your demise lol!
Very sagacious of you to go sage........its a lovely muted shade which suits the design of this card beautifully.
Ang x
Gorgeous card, love the green and the flowers. The contrast with the stamped circle is great.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Kaz x
Gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing it with us.
ReplyDeleteoh wow John this is a gorgeous masterpiece and I really love the papers of yours.
ReplyDeleteThe colours you have selected are just perfect for any project.