Happy Friday,
Well after the soft palette and yellows of this week I thought I should round the week off with a bit of blue.
This is another demo card from this weeks shows using the cobalt foundation card that I love so much.
I stared this one by embossing a 5" x 7" piece of bright white foundation card with the new 5 x 7 Regal Checkerboard embossing folder by Sue Wilson. Next I stamped the smallest daisy form my Daisy Trails elements clear stamp set in Cobalt archival ink, one in each of the squares created by the folder.
Next I stamped the sentiment, from the same set, on one side of a long piece of the card and stamped the daisy border form the set along the left hand edge. I tied a piece of blue white seam binding on this with a messy bow. Finally I stamped three of the other individual daisies and fussy cut these out. I shaped these with my ball tool and the new stamping mat ( which is also perfect for moulding your flowers) before adding these, with a stick on pearl, on and around the bow.
A few layers of the Cobalt and Bright white foundation card and finished. Simple but hopefully effective and one of those techniques that will get the recipient asking how di you get the stamping so straight!
I have had a lot of questions regarding the Bright White foundation card and I'm happy to say that it will be in my card pack on Hochanda on the 20th March and there is a lot more stock this time as (It has sold out the last few times I have been on in the first hour!)
Enjoy...
Morning John, another very pretty card and not too fussy a real beauty.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Love everything about this card , Just beautiful.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours and the stamps thanks tracyw x
Morning John, today's card is stunning x
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteLove it love it Thank you.
Take care Kitty.
Good morning John, love it!!! Less is more!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI loed this card on TV and it is great to see it on your blog. I will be making similar! Have a great day!
Anne M xxx
Love everything about this card
ReplyDeleteHi John, this card is exquisite, love the layout and the background, the very slim borders are so effective. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteReally pretty card and love the colours,
Not usually a stamper but will have to get these. Keep up the good work.
Happy crafting!!!
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxxx
A lovely card John I like the background you have created xx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a stunning card. I love the stamps and the embossing folder. I am looking forward to your shows on 20th. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous John, just catching up on the shows,Spring child sold ut now what am I gonna do????
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteI love this card and the colours you have used.
I watched you do the demo for this card, and love how you did the background. I couldn't buy anything on the day as I had just bought the noble rectangles so have to wait and order what I want from my local craft store.
Top of the list is the daisy stamps and this embossing folder.
Have a great day
Maggie
Another stunner
ReplyDeleteCarol
Gorgeous card-love the stamp & the embossing folder.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Lovely John, such a lovely background with the stamp on the embossing folder ,
ReplyDeleteXxxxRuth
So pretty. I enjoyed seeing you make it on Hochanda.
ReplyDeleteHi John, great card. I love the way you have stamped the daisies on the embossed background. Have a good weekend. Rosemarie x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely wonderful, love your background!!!
:-)
Lorna D
Morning John, this card today is an absolute cracker, I really love it and am definitely going to have a go when I get the stamps, oh and the sentiment font is brilliant, I really and truly like that.
ReplyDeleteI have managed to get my Bright White card from my usual supplier, it cam yesterday and wow I love it, looks like it is in competition with all the other foundation colours.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Still catching up with your shows but did see the demo of this one and enjoyed it. Apart from the you know what!!! This is a lovely card and I especially like the combination of stamping on an embossed background card.
ReplyDeleteT
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteAdored this when I saw it ont telly. The stamping in the centres of the embossing is genius!
See you in a bit.......if I can see where I'm going in this bloomin fog!
Ang x
Love this card, especially how you have stamped your background inbetween the embossing. You are so creative. SueL x
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteLoved this one when you did the demo, so pretty.
Lydia
X
Beautiful card John
ReplyDeleteI liked this card when you deomoed it, John. Love the embossing folder and, as Ang said, great idea to stamp in the squares.
ReplyDeleteHaving a crafty day with friends today.
Anne (Northampton)
Love this one John,
ReplyDeleteSo clean and elegant.
Missed your shows on Tues - can only watch on my laptop.
Gonna try to see if I can get them on catch up
x
Beautiful, love the design and embossed background.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Linda xxx
Gorgeous card John. :) My stamps and paper pad and the union square die I ordered have arrived so looking forward to having a play today. :) They are just gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteThanks. xxxxx
Pat Platt xxxx
This is such a pretty card John, love the way you have highlighted the embossing folder background with the daisy stamp,
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Gorgeous card John very simple but VERY effective, hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John very simple but VERY effective, hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteHi John. Loved this when I saw you demoing it - all those lovely daisies. Such an effective design.
ReplyDeleteThe card I won from Hochanda has just arrived. It's beautiful and the papers look much better than on screen, so I look forward to mine arriving. Thank you very much.
Still having to rest my leg... Getting fed up with inactivity but I am catching up with crafting programmes I've recorded!
Jan
Northampton
Morning John, This is a gorgeous CAS card, very fresh-looking.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
I loved this card on tv John nice to see it on the blog thank you for sharing xxxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteWell I Truly Loved This Card When You Produced It On Hochanda I Love Your Stamps And Sue's Tremendous Embossing Folder Its Just Stunning Thanks For Sharing...
Hugs From Sam
✂️ Carry On Creating ✂️
Hello John
ReplyDeleteI love this card! I love the colours used and the simplicity of the final finish.
I have never embossed and then stamped, but am going to give it a go!! Fingers crossed mine efforts look as great as yours do.
Lol Barbara W xx
Both yesterday's and today's cards have put a smile on my face they are so happy and cheerful and so full of spring.
ReplyDeleteI would love to use your paper's John but along with Sue's and Phill's paper's I just can't yet ! They are on my shelf so I can't see them, hopefully out of view out of mind and I won't use them on my market cards yet (until I buy another pack') then I won't feel guilty using them cuz I'll have a pack just to look at !! You designers do put us in some bloomin predicaments that's for sure !
Have a good day.
Steph ☺
Hi John,
ReplyDeletesaw you create this lovely card and was flabbergasted how quick it was. It's lovely, those daisies are cute.
Hugs, Rose
SIMPLY STUNNING !!!! wow just love everything about this one xx
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed this card when I saw you demoing it. Simple but very effective must have a go.
ReplyDeleteLovely card today John.
ReplyDeleteNancy xx
Hi John, Loved this card when I saw you do it on TV, such a simple idea but so effective. Love the colours - blue and white again!!!
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Lovely card - what patience stamping all those daisies. Worth the effort though !!
ReplyDeleteThank you,
Sue Mac
I love this card and really enjoyed watching you demo it.
ReplyDeleteI love the fact it is clean and simple although do love the more fussy ones too.
I have my shopping list ready for payday to make this one.
really pretty card ,love the little flowers ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteLoved this card when you did the demo. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed the demo of this and its such a pretty card. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteLovely stamps John, many thanks for putting in Many Happy Returns stamps which I requested a few months ago. Hopefully I will bump into you in Leeds at Samuel Taylors. Happy Crafting Julie Kayxxx
ReplyDelete