Don't forget I will be at Grafton Crafts in Bicton today from 10am till 4pm demoing my new ranges as well as Dies by Sue Wilson and lots of cosmic shimmer products. I will be also demoing a brand new product that isn't even released yet but will be available for pre order so if you want a first look its worth popping in!
I stared by stamping the daisy daisy background text ( which for those with a sharp eye is the traditional song daisy Daisy in french, however I didn't just translate this to french a friend managed to get me the correct French version. I stamped this in perfect medium onto coconut white card stock and heat embossed it with Cosmic Shimmer true detail white embossing powder. I then ripped the edges , scrunched it up and covered it in frosted mink colour cloud blending ink. Next I stamped the spring flower bouquet form the Spring words stamp set, again i white, onto a piece of the warm linen spring trail backing paper and coloured over this the same.by
Next I stamped the sentiment and the flower word Dream in the same manner and treated this to the distressing. The words in the Spring words set have hand drawn flowers making up the individual letters and can be decorated in so many different ways even individually coloured. I made up some daisies using the Cornflower dies ( tune in to the shows rot see how this is done) and added frosted mink PVA to the centres.
Using one of the 2 border strip stamps from the daisy Trail clear stamp set I stamped the cotton ribbon with potting soil archival ink to make a matching ribbon and added a tie of this across the top and a knot below the flowers.
For the back of the card I used a variety of torn pages from the paper pack which I distressed with the colour cloud and layers to look as if there is a lot a depth to the card however it is completely flat!
To see how this card was made simply tune in on Monday or Tuesday next week as I will be doing a step by step. I hope you have enjoyed this trip into darker and distressed places let me know!
Enjoy...
Morning John, a fantastic card I love it I tend to do this kind of distressed look for all the tricky men in my family and to have all the matching papers would be a great bonus keep them coming John.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeletewonderful card, and so very different from your usual type.
Love the fab design.
Snap as I have just made a distressed card, and yes I do find it's out of my comfort zone too, but I do like to have a go at something different than I usually do.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the ideas a lovely card, but I cannot do it mine always look scruffy not distressed lol.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
This is an unusual card and not really for me. Like Kitty, I lean towards the scruffy and not distressed. I think I'll try it and let you know as soon as I get my hands on the papers! Maggie B xx
ReplyDeleteHad to look twice at this one, didn,t think it was yours at all, looks great though John, xxxx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John
ReplyDeleteThank you for another amazing card!!!
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxxx
Certainly a very different look for you, John. Very creative so look forward to your demo.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThe mink colour works well for the flowers, but I'm not really into the distressed look. Have a good weekend.
B xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI love this distressed look , i will use the idea for a Scrapbook layout { i have just the right Photo' to match the look }.
Thank you.
Take Care
Elaine H X
Morning John, loving your ideas for something different Saturday x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLoving the change today! Nice card - bit different from your usual but really nice.
Anne M xxx
Morning John, something very different today, I like it, give a real vintage look to the creation.
ReplyDeleteNow what is this new product that has not even been released yet, oh well will have to just wait and see.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Interesting card but not a look that is really for me but I do like to see what others do. Really need 2 paper pads 1 to use and 1 to look at.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteDifferent! and I like it! It's not often a look that I would try but I might be tempted.
Thanks
:-)
Lorna D
Good morning John this is a brilliant card. It is good to try different styles from time to time otherwise we don't develop. A new product that is intriguing. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGosh, this is different, John for you. But I love it, very subtle colours which work so well.
ReplyDeleteThank you,
Sue Mac
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteThe distressed look is not my thing (probably as I end up more distressed than the card as mine look more shabby than chic, lol!) but there's lots who like this style and I can still appreciate your design talent.
Happy demoing & safe travels as there's snow still about.
Ang x
Btw.....for June Ballenger, the product you asked about yesterday is Cricut Transfer Tape, I believe, in case you still can't get John's email link to work.
Interesting look on your card, love the flowers but the distressed looks isn't for me. I know I'm in the minority.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John, yep different but Good!!!
ReplyDeleteNo snow here but be careful out there!!! Safe trip and enjoy your day !!!
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
I love this, John. It's good to do something completely different some times.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Good card John, but not for me. It's defo different for you, but my life is distressed enough without adding it to my cards!! Xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteWell this is very different for you. Noy my cup of tea just not into distressed.
Lydia
X
Love the card John love the vintage look thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxx
Hi John. Not a big fan of the distressed look myself, but at least yours isn't grungy, I don't do grunge. Good job we are not all the same. SueL x
ReplyDeleteStunning card John. Can t wait for the Hichanda demo. Love to see you doing different styles.
ReplyDeleteMaggie x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA different style today, and I quite like it. The colours are just right and the distressing is not too dark.
Have a great day doing your workshop.
Wish I was there but too far for me to get there, but I'm off to my Saurday craft class after lunch with my friends.
Happy crafting
Maggie
Great card John, looking forward to your shows,
ReplyDeleteXxxxRuth
Hi John, I am not a great lover of the distress look, as my cards never seem to look quite right, however I think this card is beautiful and will try and watch how you make it.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
I love it! I can never get mine to turn out "shabby chic" it's more like "tatty mess" I will keep practising
ReplyDeleteHi John, a very different card, but lovely and unusual. Have a great day with the demos. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWow loving your distressed card, so good, more of this please.
Love your new pad too.
Hi John. I can see from the comments above that this card has certainly divided opinion. The design aspect certainly works for me, but there is something about the card that I am not so sure of but I can't put my finger on the reason which is not helping much is it?
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Oooh, such a gorgeous card.
ReplyDeletePersonally I LOVE the shabby chic/distressed look
and this ticks all the boxes for me.
x
Love this card John. Will definitely be watching next week.
ReplyDeleteHi John, This is gorgeous !! I love,love,love, shabby chic.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia XX
Hi John,
ReplyDeletebrave man - I've given up on ripping paper, it just looks rubbish when I do it. But I also like shabby chic, so will be watching how you achieve this look. Lovely card.
Hugs, Rose
Lovely card.
ReplyDeletexxxxx
Well it is good to step out of your comfort zone sometimes John, she says having just come back from doing an altered art workshop with Christine Emberson which I enjoyed despite it not really being my thing. I do admire what others do though. The Dream stamp is very nice - is this the new item as I don't think I have seen it before. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteI love this gorgeous card.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Linda xxx
lovely card John ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHello John
ReplyDeleteWell I love it!!
Always a fan of shabby chic cards and this one is lovely.
Looking forward to seeing you on Hochanda next week.
Lol Barbara W xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely lovely shabby chic card. I like this style, even thought I don't do it myself. Love both stamps as well. Look forward to seeing you next week.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI love this card, the neutral colours are so beautiful, really looking forward to seeing you demo this.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
This card is interesting. Not a style I normally go for but I do like this one. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteThis card is interesting. Not a style I normally go for but I do like this one. Luv jxxx
ReplyDelete