I wanted to show today that I can make small simple cards! I know that the fashion over the pond and in Europe is for smaller possible cards as opposed to some of the large flights of fantasy that I usually go into so I wanted to show that not only can a small card be effective it can still have dimension without layers and layers of foam tape! This card, again that like yesterdays could be made in any colour, would be perfect for batch card making especially for selling at craft fairs of for charity.
Its quite a simple are with the background stamped in jet black archival ink then shaded with matching colour cloud blending ink.
For the main element I stamped the Daisy Heart twice in black coloured the flowers form one image and shaded the other with the colour cloud. I then cut out the coloured flowers and decoupaged them on top adding stick on pearls for the centres.
I added a strip of ribbon and matching bow in the same colour and stamped on the sentiments.
Another peak tomorrow of the show samples and demos.
Enjoy...
Morning John, simply stunning the cards are today x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning simply cards thanks tracyw
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous card, this as you say can be done in any colourway. Thank you.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a lovely card.
Take care Kitty.
Morning John, two very pretty cards and so simple to do.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John, lovely cards today, got to add these stamps to my list.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteThese are such pretty cards! Need these stamps - can't wait for the sneaky peak!
Love it and all you do !
Anne M xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteCAS personified, and so effective. Brilliant, can't wait to see all your new goodies.
Hugs, Rose
Lovely cards John simple is often just what we need.
ReplyDeleteThe stamps are lovely I'm really looking forward to seeing you demo them xx
Beautiful John, clean and simple works for me! I'll be watching next week!
ReplyDeleteMaggie B xx
Good morning John your cards are gorgeous I love the design. They are ideal for batch making. I hope your prep is going well. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, two beautiful cards, love the colours, so fresh and spring like. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteTwo lovely cards today, very good for sending in the post as well as batch making.
Thanks for sharing
Maggir
Two great cards, perfect for making into a gift set.
ReplyDeleteMichele.
Two lovely cards , i like to make small cards sometimes especially when i have a lot to do .
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Beautiful cards John.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
great card John ,I'd like to see more cards this size or at least no bigger than 6 x 6 for thw simple reason of postage costs
ReplyDeleteLovely cards John. I often make smaller, simpler ones because they're easier to put in the post. They can be just as effective. Love the big fancy ones too, of course!
ReplyDeleteLove these, John. I do make smaller cards.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
I love these John , more please!!
ReplyDeleteXxxRuth
Gorgeous cards John. Love them. X
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteJust lovely.
Lydia
X
Hi John
ReplyDeleteTwo lovely cards. I tend to make smaller cards because I need to post a lot of them, so it is great to see these.
B xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGreat Cards I'm Opposite To Most I Make 7 X 7 Or 8 X 8 Cards I Do Like To See Smaller Cards But Very Rarely Make Any At All, Your Cards Today Are Beautiful And Can Be Made Into Larger Cards....... Thanks For Sharing
Hugs From Sam xxx
✂️ Carry On Creating ✂️
These look great John, xxx
ReplyDelete2 little stunners
ReplyDeleteCarol
Good morning John as I generally make 7x5 or 6x6 these cards appeal to me greatly. Love their simplicity and definitely less is more. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with Jackie's comments I too, make 5x7 and 6x6 cards as a rule And these cards are perfect Not only size but depth too has to be a consideration for postage
ReplyDeleteMorning John, it is nice to see smaller card, and these are lovely and when you have to consider postage these are ideal
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Love these cards John. As they are smaller and not so fiddly they would be good for my crafty OAP's to make, if you don't mind me copying. SueL x
ReplyDeleteIt is surprising how different 2 similar cards can look in different colours. I like to make batches of smaller cards once in a while to use up all the smaller pieces of card I have in my bits box.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Good morning John, lovely just lovely!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteLittle rays of sunshine on a hideous wet morning.
Simple, effective and joyful.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Love your smaller cards and the colors, they are my style. I think the larger ones are too over the top. Yvonne N.
ReplyDeletePS. first time leaving a comment, but been getting your blog for a long time.
Love your smaller cards and the colors, they are my style. I think the larger ones are too over the top. Yvonne N.
ReplyDeletePS. first time leaving a comment, but been getting your blog for a long time.
John I love your cards small or big ,all fantastic ,simple in style or lots of layers and extra bits,they all appeal to me .Laura O
ReplyDeleteLovely cheery looking cards. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Sue
ReplyDeleteLovely lovely cards. The only problem I now have is that I won't be able to watch your show only Monday evening as I'll be travelling home. I did try to record it. However, as they hadn't put that it was a Creative Expression show only saying Join us for an hour it won't record. They've done this before with Johns shows. It's so annoying when you know when you'll be on but not us.
These are wonderful! I love the designs.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Linda xxx
A real tonic for such a cold wet blustery day. Great. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteA real tonic for such a cold wet blustery day. Great. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, Stunning cards !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John, nice simple cards and thin enough to send
ReplyDeleteabroad. Perfect :-)
hugs Maria x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards, loving the daisy heart.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Another stunner even though it is not your usual fancy style I still like it and it is great for keeping postage costs down.
ReplyDeleteI seem to be making bigger and bigger cards now and I was going to blame you and sue but I can't now you have gone smaller lol