Today Im filming does You Tube videos for Creative Expressions on the new Cosmic Shimmer projects with the wonderful Julia Watts! Julia will be demoing how to us the new Pixie Powder which I juts Love so I couldn't resist a quick peak at one of the cards I made with these fab new Products.
I teamed a piece of watercolour paper covered in the Midnight Blue powder with my Primrose Everyday sentiments and daisy trail heart stamps.
i wet half a sheet of watercolour card whilst testing the new powders. I then 'shot' the midnight blue over the card however it only stained the card where it was wet leaving a trail of the different colours within the product and a mica coating. The Powders all have Mica in them which leaves a stunning sheen and shine along with the intense colours.
I the added a stamped image of the daisy daisy heart and one of the heart sentiments ion the centre. I finished with a double thin satin ribbon bow and a few layers of white and cobalt.
Ill let you all know when the videos are ready and live!
Enjoy...
Morning John, a fabulous card and these powders look amazing looking forward to the video.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John, a really stunning and vibrant card. Love the cobalt blue Pixie powders, playing with a couple makes me want to buy more. Have a great day filming, bet there will be a few laughs with you and Julia. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card Thank you.
I just cannot wait to see what you and Julia get up to, we must have out shots too.
take care and have fun Kitty.
Lovely vibrant card
ReplyDeleteMorning John, beautiful card today x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteReally nice card today. Can't wait for my Pixies to arrive. Got them from Julia and they are in the post !! Woopee!
Love it!
Anne M xxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA stunning card today, the colours are so vibrant.
I can't wait to see demos of what can be done with the new product.
No crafting again for me today, 3rd day of babysitting grandchildren. The older ones do love using my craft stuff though lol.
Have a great day
Maggie
Beautiful card, really lovely.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John, such a vibrant blue, love it, and am looking forward to the video's, good luck.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
I'm fascinated by the Pixie powders and am looking forward to seeing you demonstrate them, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteWow this is vibrant!!! Lovely effect you get but not sure about the brightness of the blue, but the effect is great.
Enjoy your filming with Julia - wow what a pair hope we see all the bloopers too, as well as the finished videos.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxxx
Lovely idea, great card !
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. You know how much I love the stamps. The Pixie Powders look amazing. I can't wait to see the videos you are making with Julia. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteThe colours of these powders look so vivid Can't wait to see these in action If any of you have showcased them on Hochanda I've missed it So I'm very intrigued
ReplyDeleteGorgeous John, look forward to the videos, xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, great effect.
B xx
Lovely. Looking forward to your videos. X
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteDid misread your title as "The POWER of Pixies" and wondered what was afoot lol!
That blue is amazingly vibrant so I'm very interested to learn more about this new product.
Enjoy your filming.
Ang x
Love the background! A beautiful vibrant card.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Linda xxx
Hi John. Sounds like a laugh a minute today with Julia! Everyone has used the word vibrant for this card which was the word which came to my mind when I saw it. Gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Good morning John is this powder similar to Brusho? Sounds as if it is and yes you get wonderful effects with it but with the mica addition no doubt get some further interesting effects. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteWow John this looks really interesting, looking forward to seeing the video. Lovely card
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Wow stunning
ReplyDeleteCarol
Not sure I like that vivid bright blue. I'll be interested to see the video though. I think you should do a video showing the metallic gilding polish as well.
ReplyDeleteLove the card John looks like we are in for a treat with the new products gutted about hochanda think it must be only me who won't be able to watch it as no one else has commented
ReplyDeleteThank you John love always June Horrocks xxxxx
Wow this is stunning John. I love that vivid blue powder, might have to have some of that! Looking forward to the videos on this. Your stamps are lovely too.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card today John
ReplyDeletemorning it will be great to have your videos as I can not view Hochanda now due to broadband speed. LOvely card Pen x
ReplyDeleteLovely card, love the colour. The new Pixie Dust opens up quite a lot of opportunities with some fabulous colours.
ReplyDeleteT
Hi John
ReplyDeleteOn very card today using the new Pixie Dust. As we now can't watch Hochanda, I'll be looking forward to watching the video.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis card looks amazing. Cannot wait to see your video's
I too am furious that I can no longer watch Hochanda on Freeview. I only found out about it yesterday and if the powers that be think I will be watching from 12am to 4am, they are sadly wrong.
I will have to be more organised now and watch via my computer. Not the same as viewing your shows on the television though.
Lol Barbara W xx
Hi John, I'm with the furious people... and not sure whether I shall be watching on my PC as that is in a cold room of the house. Hopefully this latest cold spell will be over soon.
ReplyDeleteLove your card today, that blue is AMAZING!
Hugs, Rose
A lovely card John, wow those pixie powders look stunning, looking forward to the demo, love Johanna
ReplyDeleteA lovely card John, wow those pixie powders look stunning, looking forward to the demo, love Johanna
ReplyDeleteI love your stamps on this , John.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks,
Sue Mac
Stunning card with the flower border. Can't wait to play with the 'pixies'! Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful John, love the effect the powder has give the card .
ReplyDeleteLove & hUgs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Beautiful card John. I am still waiting to find out where I can buy your seasons sentiments. I have Dec. Jan and Feb - need the spring lot, but can't find them yet. I cant buy from Hochanda, they dont sell overseas, and I live in Ireland.
ReplyDeleteHi John, These powders look really impressive, can't wait to watch the technique videos.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Oh John, this is just beautiful. I love the contrast between that lovely blue and the white. Pat x
ReplyDeleteWow this is so different but so very gorgeous and I love the effect the pixie powders
ReplyDeletegive.
Beautiful John. Love the colour effect.
ReplyDeleteLove Val xx
I think I love these new products already John. Can't wait to see the videos.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a very beautiful card, and such a gorgeous colour from that new product.
I too can't wait to see the video.
I need those stamps of yours as they look really wonderful on this card.
Right they are going to the top of my very long list of must haves.
Crafty Regards Jenny L.
Love everything about this card. Must look for the products at Ally Pally.
ReplyDelete