Happy Wednesday,
Firstly I want to announce the winner of the demo pack from Monday, the winner selected at random from all the comments and emails was Martin Elly if you want to email me on Lockers@live.co.uk I will get this posted out to you!
Back to today and another colour I use very rarely however with the soft sage colour in my paper pack I have finally found a green shade that is subtle yet vibrant enough to appeal to me!
This card is deceptively simple as the paper pad dos all the work for you its juts a case of matting and layering the different papers. I stared by stamping the March's child poem stamp onto bright white foundation card using watering can archival ink. I cut this out using the square die in the New York Union Square die set from Sue Wilson for Creative expressions. Next I cut the larger detail die in the union square set in coconut white card to soften the card.
I the cut a 2 of layers using three of the papers, in the soft sage paper pad, in the paper pad and matted these with coconut white. The final layer I made with the new Dotty Daisy A4 embossing folder which I colour clouded, to bring out the pattern, using Frosty Aqua colour cloud blending ink. ( I have a full set of the 6 matching colours to the pad on my Hochanda One Day Special launching on Sunday night at 8pm)
To make up the card I tied a piece of green / ivory grosgrain ribbon across the top of the first layer adding the stamped sentiment over this. I then tied a large bow using more of the ribbon and added pearl swirls and mini roses ( from my stash) across the front.
a simple card that would make a quick birthday card, made in any colour, for any month, how flexible is that!?!
Enjoy...
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLoving the subtle tones in your card , a very nice design and the stronger shade of ribbon really sets it off ,not to mention all those lovely pearls .
Take Care
Elaine H X
What a classy card. Really beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you another beauty.
Congratulations to Martin.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Good morning John, green my favourite colour :) it's a winner!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to Martin!!!
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
A lovely card John I do like green and this soft sage is a wonderful colour xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a lovely card today using your papers, love the sage green and as you say the wonderful papers do it all, brilliant.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to Martin
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Good morning John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this lovely card!!!
Love any shade of green so the deeper ribbon really brings it all together!
Congratulations Martin x
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xx
Morning John, a beautiful card and your papers are gorgeous not a lover of green but this one hits the spot.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card.
B xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteIt's a fabulous card today! Love the colours.
Anne M xxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA stunning card today, I really must get your paper pad or rather 2 as I wouldn't want to cut one up. I only bought one of your Chirstmas paper pads and it's still intact because I couldn't cut it up lol.
Congratulations to Martin.
Have a great day.
Maggie
Hi John, this card is beautiful, I love this shade of green, well done on winning the pack martin. Have a great day everyone. Bx
ReplyDeleteOh my John this is absolutely gorgeous. What is it about green ? Never been a great lover of anything green, I'd choose the next sweet down - fruit pastel,spangle,opal fruit, etc if the next one was green (showing my true age now) but this shade of green papers is just so lovely and subtle, doesn't make it any easier to use though ! So like Sue's and Phill's paper pad it's time to buy another to actually use lol.
ReplyDeleteHave a good day x 😊
Lovely card, really pretty.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to the winner.
Michele
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the soft colours it is all so pleasing on the eye. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteStunning John!!
ReplyDelete:-)
Lorna D
Good morning John. What a beautiful card in such a lovely colour. I need to make a birthday card today so will probably adapt this idea but it will have to be thinner as it needs posting.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteGlorious green today. Have to admit, the sage is my favourite colour in your papers (yes, even more than the lilac lol!) Superb card and set off beautifully with that tonal ribbon.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Morning John fabulous card green is my favourite colour thanks for a great day on Sunday at franki's xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card,love the green ribbon
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John and love the colour combination on this one. :)
ReplyDeletePat xxxx
beautiful card..congratulations to Martin on your win!
ReplyDeleteCarol
This is gorgeoous, one of the best, xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteI Love The Colour Pallette, It's A Extremely Beautiful Card
Hugs From Sam xxx
Congratulation To Martin
✂️ Carry On Creating ✂️
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove it all except the bow, just don't do them. Love the colour.
Lydia
X
Beautiful card and colour
ReplyDeleteI am with Lydia with regard to the you know what although I do like the colour of the ribbon. Other than that, I like the design of this one.
ReplyDeleteT
ReplyDeleteThis is a beauty, John :)
I love all shades of green and soft sage is probably my favourite.
All together a gorgeous design
Irene
(W/boro)
x
I don't normally do big bows but this one works perfectly. Love the colour.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Gorgeous card. Nice change to see the greens making an appearance again.
ReplyDeleteSueL x
Love this card today John. Olive and sage green are my favourites. Love the bow. I have some of this ribbon bur struggle to make bows will it as I find it just too bulky.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Simple stunning card John, I have been struggling to use some of the green papers + ribbon in my stash but this has inspired me thanks. This is a gorgeous shade of green you've used for the card. Now to go play as granddaughters birthday Friday + granny not done card yet but the sentiment you have there is ideal to put in her card xxxxxx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this soft sage us such a pretty colour and makes a lovely card. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHello John, this is certainly a very pretty card and the colour is just perfect - I love sage green.
ReplyDeleteSue Mac
Such a pretty card. Just love these sayings.
ReplyDeletelove Val x
Really unusual colour but very pretty. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteReally unusual colour but very pretty. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, love your paper pad, haven't used any yet but will be making some cards soon.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI love this colour, this card and your papers. Beautiful.
Hugs, Rose
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteFantastic card! I love everything about it. Thanks again for such a brilliant day at Franki's. I was naughty and went and ordered more of your lovely stamps as I loved playing with the gilding flakes.
Take care,
Jayne x
Afternoon John, absolutely gorgeous today's card x
ReplyDeleteJohn, I love this card. It's stunning in its simplicity. I don't mean that's it's simple. I mean that it's lovely without being overdone. Just the right amount of bling. Anyone would love being the receiver of this card. Stunning!!!
ReplyDeleteAm not a green lover but this is a really lovely shade of green. Like many others I have not cut into my pad yet but will have to soon.
ReplyDeleteI love sage green and this is stunning, loving the deeper green on the ribbon and wonderful design.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Linda xxx
Hello John
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely card today...............and I love the sage colour.
I agree that this card would be suitable for any month, but really love the March verse. I even think I could make a similar card for a male birthday!!!
Lol Barbara W xx
This card is stunning John so beautiful I love your papers and the verses for the month are lovely I need an April for my daughter thank you for sharing John
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxx
Hello John, what a stunning card, I love the March verse and your colour theme is gorgeous, Kate x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletewell this is a very beautiful and stunning card.
I love the poem as I am a March person.
It sounds about right for people born in March as I know a few.
Love the colours also.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
another great card ,great colour ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John, what a fabulous card love the colour and the papers are beautiful, you must be so proud
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John, I adore this card, especially the colours, gorgeous !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
I love this card it is gorgeous and I love the colour, I am usually a bit picky when it comes to green but this is a beautiful colour.
ReplyDeleteI had such a dilemma today as I was going to order your daisy trail stamp set and the new paper pad but found out hubby is being made redundant as of next week
so had to choose between the two. So I got the paper pad and will have to wait patiently for the stamps but will enjoy the paper pad.
Beautiful card. I don't usually go for green but this is gorgeous.
ReplyDeletelovely card ,and colours ,love the stamp
ReplyDeleteIt would be more flexible if Hochanda would sell to people in Ireland.
ReplyDelete