Happy Tuesday,
Ive been playing around with stamping with gilding flakes for my shows on Hochanda next week and thought you might like to see these two christmas cards I made using my christmas stamps that somehow slipped through the net and haven't had their day on the blog. Ive always been intimidated by stamping with gilding flakes so I have been trying to work out some simple rules to make it easy for me that I can pass on. I will be going through the technique next Tuesday on air but thought you would like to see these early attempts!
Both cards were stamped with fake and glitter glue from cosmic shimmer before being gilded with Egyptian gold gilding flakes. The first is simply stamped onto black foundation card then added to a background made by grouting the contemporary poinsettia embossing folder with gold sparkle texture paste.
I added a flower made with the classic poinsettia die form Sue Wilson for `Creative Expressions which I sprayed with glue and covered with diamond sprinkles after gilding.
The second card is made by stamping gild onto vintage gold foundation card ( thank to Mrs Duck for the idea!)
Bothe are made using my clear stamp set Partridge in a pear tree.
Enjoy...
Morning John, two gorgeous cards love them both.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Lovely John look forward to the shows
ReplyDeleteCrafty Hugs
Heather xx
Morning John, another beautiful card today, where do you get your inspiration from.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Good morning John. Love the cards especially the first one. Looking forward to your new stamps and lots more tips.jan
ReplyDeleteNorthampton
Two lovely cards , look forward to your shows , have not gone down the gilding route yet !
ReplyDeleteXxxRuth
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteThat's why I gilded them when you let me loose with the stamps as they cried out for it (mind you, I used real glue lol!)
Fantastic cards but the grouted background on the first looks amazing.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Hi John, two really beautiful and opulent cards today, love them both, will have to record the shows to watch the demos. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteTwo stunning cards today, i love this technique but usually get into a mess somehow the gilding flakes end up everywhere lol.
Have a great day
Maggie
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGorgeous cards, can't wait to see your demo of how to stamp with gilding flakes.
B xx
Lovely John, look forward to the shows, can't wait to see your demo of how to stamp with gilding flakes.
ReplyDeleteTwo lovely card John, the first hits the spot for me , beautiful !.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Two great cards-love the first one, it's stunning.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John,
ReplyDeletethese are exquisite. Thank you for showing them to us. They've brightened up yet another grey and dreary day.
Best wishes, Rose
Super cards John
ReplyDeleteLuv Rach :)
All tips for using gilding flakes gratefully received! It is so frustrating when it doesn't go as you want. Lovely cards, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John, I absolutely adore the gilded background on the first card, it is absolutely gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Wonderful cards John, look forward to your shows next week
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteThe first card is very dramatic, not too sure about the second one.
Lydia
X
Look forward to seeing the technique next week. I love the stamp!
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteTwo stunning cards, I love the first one as I think the contrast works so well. Looking forward to seeing the shows, may have to record some.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Love the first card, not sure about the second one!
ReplyDeleteCarol
Good morning John the background of the first one looks great. The second we did at your workshop and looks very effective in real life. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Great cards. I am also intimidated with gilding flakes, I always end up disappointed with the end result so I am looking forward to seeing your tips next week. SueL x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards
ReplyDeleteCrafty hugs Pen x
Hi John, I saw this background on your demo area at Ally Pally and had to buy the ingredients. I managed to achieve the effect, but it is such a busy design, I have struggled to use it effectively. It looks really stunning on this card so now I know how to use it, thank you
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Wow John,
ReplyDeleteBoth really nice cards. I will watch to get your tips as I don't do well with guilding flakes and stamping!
Can't wait1
Anne M xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAb Fab!!!
I can't wait to see the demos
:-)
Lorna D
Very busy card today...lovely....luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteHello John
ReplyDeleteJust loving the Partridge stamp in gilding flakes and the background is pretty awesome too!
Looking forward to seeing the demo's next week so that I can try the technique.
Lol Barbara W xx
My preference is for the first card. The second one is such a small picture, I am not sure if
HI John love these cards especially the first one and the Poinsettia on it just adds that finishing touch.
ReplyDeleteWendyxi
Hi John
ReplyDeleteBoth cards are lovely. My favourite is the first as you showed me how to do this technique.
Both lovely John.
ReplyDeleteLove Nancy xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI love gilding flakes so these both score highly with me!
Hugs,
T x
Wow John what a beautiful card
ReplyDeleteHi John, a beautiful card. You forget how much the gilding flakes make it stand out xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDelete