Another sample from my stamp launch today I really loved working with these so there are a lot of samples to show yet!
One of the things I loved with these I was able to work with Cosmic Shimmer to develop a new colour range of the Watercolour Palettes to match the spring colours I envisioned for the range. This card was made using the colours therefore from the Perfect Pastels mica watercolour palette.
I stared by stamping random violets form the violet elements stamp set around the edges of a rectangle of watercolour card. Next I coloured the violets with the pastel lilac and pastel blue form the set. Next I added yellow centres and shaded arraign the flowers with the yellow.
For the main card I stamped the border strip twice across the bottom of a square ( cut with the double pierced squares) and coloured these with the watercolours adding in the pastel lime for the leaves. Hopefully you can see some of the stunning shine form the mica, if not I can guarantee it does glisten in real life!
I finished the card with a couple of layers of baby blue and another layer of the white.
A simple looking card that is a joy to paint!
Enjoy...
Good morning John, absolutely stunning!!! The colour is gorgeous!!! Have a good one!!!
ReplyDeleteLoopy Lynda xxx
Morning John, gorgeous card and love the colours.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John, oh Wow this is stunning, I love the colours you have used, especially the yellow shading around the flowers, I have always used blues and greys around mine but this really does make them pop, the stamps are to die from.
ReplyDeleteUpdate on my knee, went to Drs. yesterday (that is twice in a week, never normally see him from one year to the next) anyway he said it was very inflamed and gave me some anti inflammatory tablets, I have taken 2 so far and it is a little bit easier, he said I will be back to walking by Christmas, I hope so as I still have lots to do.
I bet you are still chasing your tail John with all the things that you have got to do getting ready for the Christmas celebrations but find some time for 'John time' to sit down with a lovely glass of wine from the fridge and relax, anyway best get on, lots to do.......
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning card today, I love it. My fingers are itching to buy all of your stamp sets and the mica paint pallets. Have to be good until the new year though. Will have a spend up then lol.
Hope you are enjoying your break. Can't wait to see more of your designs.
Maggie
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the inspiration, a beautiful card.
I love this stamp set. Take care Kitty.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card, I love the blue and yellow combination it reminds me of early spring flowers in my garden.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Beautiful, love your new stamps, the colours really bring it to life!
ReplyDeleteCarol.
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I love the design the stamps are stunning. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGood morning John. Anything using the mica water colour paints is a hit with me! This border is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Lovely card, perfect colours for spring.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John, this card is so very pretty, love the beautiful spring colours. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteLovely card John.
ReplyDeleteB xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteSadly my old Lappy does not pick up the Mica shine however it does not take away the beauty of the card.
Take care
Elaine H X
Hi John ,thanks for the inspiration. This card is stunning .Gloria (sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John must have been quite therapeutic doing the colouring for this card. Very effective. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeletelove your new stamps. this card is so very pretty
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely CAS card.
Lydia
X
Morning John, Gorgeous, a beautiful CAS card (although I know a lot of work has gone into this).
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
I think the violet set is my favourite, John. A beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John. How lovely, paints are on my Christmas list, fingers crossed. SueL x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful John, shopping list growing for January already.!!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John, I would love some of the paints to get these types of finishes.
ReplyDeleteHow when we have so much already do we feel the need for so much more?
Wishing good things to all xxx
Hi John gorgeous card love the new stamps and my favourite water colour paints the new colours are beautiful .
ReplyDeletethank you Jeanie.e
Just beautiful John. Laid up in bed after an op and watching all your great shows on repeat. Making me feel better and getting up to have a go.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes
Anne aka Till Ladyx
This is lovely, John. Thank you for your inspiration.
ReplyDeleteFrom
Sue Mac
Hi John what a pretty card. Really love these stamp sets, hope some of them are in my Santa Sack.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card. This stamp range would make lovely wall art and be a wonderful set for scrapbookers too. I've not commented due to illness but have admired the cards made with your new range every day when I get the email notification.
Hugs,
T x
A quiet card for you today John, nonetheless beautiful....luv Ursula x
ReplyDeleteOOh that is very pretty, I love the blue and yellow and love those verse stamps you have designed.
ReplyDeleteLove it
Very pretty and a lovely breath of fresh air on these dismal days we're having
ReplyDeleteLovely spring like card John. The violet stamps are gorgeous. Pat x
ReplyDeleteHello John
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty and elegant card today. Love the violets and the verse is fantastic.
Lol Barbara W xx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteCAS which is also Clean And Springlike here. Beautiful subtle card. Love the violets.
Ang x