Happy Sunday,
Those who have been following my for a while will Know that today I will be relaxing as I have now completed all my shows, launches, demos and workshops for the year! This is a chance for me to catch up with next years designs as well as some crafting tasks I have been wanting to try for an age.
I thought I'd show you one of the demo cards from Hochanda using my new Snowdrop elements stamp set as a simple Sunday as it really is simple!
I simply stamped the image in detail silver embossing powder then added microbeads to the heads of the snowflakes using cosmic Shimmer dries clear glue. I cut an aperture using the Oslo die from Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions then ran a thin line of glue around the aperture and added more micro beads.
I finished this one using a pierced flag onto which I had stamped the quote about spring form Charles Dickens!
Enjoy...
Good Morning John
ReplyDeleteA very pretty and delicate card. Lovely for a January birthday with the snowdrops.
Crafty Hugs
Heather xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a lovely clean card.
Put your feet up now lol, Take care Kitty.
Good morning John. The snowdrop stamp is beautiful. Hope you manage to get a bit of a break.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Beautiful card, love the snowdrops
ReplyDeleteCarol
A beautiful simple card John. Love the snowdrops. I hope you enjoy having a break from demos - even though I'm sure you'll still be working and crafting!
ReplyDeleteJohn I love these snowdrop stamps, so pretty. Gorgeous card, xxx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, gorgeous card!!! Yesterday's too :)
ReplyDeleteReally have a good rest and recharge your batteries :)
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Morning John, you must be exhausted with all the shows, TV appearances, workshops, demos, wow the list is endless and still you have to find time to do lots of demo cards and do your design work, I am dizzy just thinking of it, I hope you find time to have some 'John time' now and chill out for a little bit to recharge the batteries.
ReplyDeleteToday's card is so beautiful, yes simple but the sentiment tag just sets it off a treat, I really like it.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xx
Beautiful card, love the snowdrops
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John, simple and elegant.
ReplyDeleteB xx
Lovely card, simply elegant & very classy.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Delightful !
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card today, as you say simple but really nice.
I ordered the snowflake stamp set yesterday along with two other sets that go with the tag and flag die sets. I did manage to get your Winters child stamp set yesterday and cannot wait to have a play.
Enjoy your time off.
Maggie
A beautiful card, John. I look forward to seeing what you come up with in your "rest" period! Please give yourself a few days off at least before you start.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Good morning John this is a stunning card I love the snowdrops. Enjoy your rest time. Don't work too hard make sure you do get some rest. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, love the idea of this card, but the micro beds on my picture don't add to it, whereas I think very sparkly silver would look stunning. Need to save up because these new stamps are fabulous. Thank you x Ros
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautifully simple card, your new stamps are gorgeous.
:-)
Lorna D
I saw you do this and love it I'd never thought to use glue with micro beads I'd only used them with sticky sheets Now I'm going to try them with glue - opened a new world for me
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card, and as an earlier blog friend said, perfect for winter birthdays. Hope you have some restful time to yourself to recharge those batteries. Best wishes, Anne
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteI thought this was gorgeous when you showed it on your show, I love the snowdrops so pretty.
Lydia
X
Simple card yet so beautiful. I did catch this show having got back in time to turn on the tv and, I too, liked the idea of using microbeads with glue rather than with double sided sticky giving that added bit of texture.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Hi John .You say simple,I say Classy.Keep bringing us your lovely stamps . Gloria (sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John
ReplyDeleteI saw this card when you demonstrated on Hochanda and loved it.
I am such a fan of simple cards as to me they have a stunning effect.
Hope you enjoy your restful day.
Lol Barbara W xx
Morning John, I love how you have compiled this card, the aperture looks stunning, leading the eye into the stamping, and the added micro beads bring the stamping to life. I absolutely love this !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John. Simple cards are quite often the hardest to get right, but you are spot on. Hope you can now relax a little and enjoy your creating and crafting. SueL x
ReplyDeleteReally lovely card John , and the sentiment is great, hope you catch up with yourself now you have time!!
ReplyDeleteXxRuth
Hello John, the simplicity of this card makes it very classy and elegant. Love it. Have a nice relaxing day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, I love the snowdrop stamp it's stunning and gives a lovely image to colour, but I think works so well with just the flowers highlighted as you have done.
Enjoy some relaxation time you deserve it.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning card today. I just love these snowdrop stamps. I hope my recorder has recorded Sue's shows as were away at the moment.
Myshop provide the best material about clothing. We sale in cheap and best quality. Here are options Large collection of hot dresses, ladies bottom wear, new collection for ladies, Wedding & events, Accessories, Leather products all especially for Ladies.
ReplyDeleteJohn, This is a lovely card with a lovely sentiment. I do hope you are enjoying your time off and managing to get all you jobs done
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Really beautiful John
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovely simple clean minus colour card. Great idea using the micro beads on the snowdrops. Hope all of you at Creative Expressions have a good rest for a while after all your to-ing and fro-ing xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, the snowdrops really come into their own.
Best wishes, Rose
Just so beautiful John, love the delicate snowdrop image and the lovely apature shape, Kate x
ReplyDeleteHi John a very serene card. Hope you have been resting today love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteBetter late than never.
Thought this was super when you demoed it. Its so pretty.
Chill time now for you!
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteSimple but stunning!
Enjoy your relaxing time!
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
So gorgeous, loving the snowdrops. Pat x
ReplyDeleteHi John. Today's Snowdrop card is simply gorgeous, I love it. I love the clean and simple lines with jusy a hint of shine with the micro beads, love it. Juat to be clear, I love it : ) And I have to say that the last few days cards have all been beautiful too.
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you are going to have a bit if time to yourself now, you certainly deserve it : ) Take care x