I thought you might like a change form the stamping of the last few days and so I have chosen to show you a card made with purely die cutting today. I have used some of the dies Sue Wilson will be showing on Hochanda tomorrow night when she launches the One Day Special with her latest dies of Craft dies for Creative Expressions.
I stated by making a card base in cobalt foundation card. I then cut the new indus Gemini die ( using the filigree section and one of the cutting edges) form the base of the front piece. Next I added a piece cut with the same die, this time in coconut white, below this behind the blue base. I then cut a top panel in blue dusk again using the indus die however I made this piece slightly smaller so that it sits over the white and blue layer.
I cut the centre circle from the die set in blue dusk and embossed this with the contemporary poinsettias A4 embossing folder to give some depth to the card. Finally i added the sentiment, also form the brighter days frame, in coconut white and added this on top in the centre of the circle.
Quite a masculine card however a few flowers and it would be perfect for the ladies as well!
Don't forget Sue is on tomorrow evening at 8pm.
Enjoy...
Morning John, this is a gorgeous card so looking forward to seeing Sue's shows.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
lovely card John
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteanother stunning card love the colours and the dies and stamps thanks tracyw
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card Thank you.
Take care Kitty.
Morning John, really lovely male card today, I love the way you have graduated the colours. Looking forward to seeing Sue tomorrow and Saturday.
ReplyDeleteHad a lovely time at our craft club Christmas lunch yesterday, very tiring but so enjoyable.
Got home to find my parcel with the gilding flakes and the aqua and violet silk glitters from Hochanda but when I opened it the pot of gilding flakes was broken and the flakes were everywhere, all in my keyboard, covered everywhere, it was snowing gilding flakes in my craft room, I rang them and they wanted me to send it all back, well I said I was not going to collect all the gilding flakes up, so they said well collect what you can........so there is an envelope full, including the broken pot and the glitters and paste all ready to go back to them today, they said when they receive it back they will send out a replacement, gutted because I got the snowflake stamp set and can't do that lovely card you did on the show, probably will not get the replacement now until after Christmas. Anyway I hope your day yesterday went well.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning card today, I love the colours you have used as well.
Enjoy your day off ( I did watch all your shows and remember you saying you were off today) hope you manage to put all your Christmas decorations up.
I bet you don't manage a craft free day though lol.
Maggie
Hi John, this card is fantastic, love the layered look and the colours. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the design and the dies are amazing. It will be good to see Sue back on TV. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, could be used for many occasions.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John, Did enjoy your shows. Today's card is beautiful will be watching Sue's shows .Have a great day off . Gloria (sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteVery very lovely vibrant card, just right for the Man in my life , he would love this.
ReplyDeleteTake Care
Elaine H X
Morning John, A lovely card, I love the borders at the bottom, would be ideal with flowers and foliage.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Beautiful, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
A very dramatic card in those colours! I love Sue's dies and it's so useful to see different ideas of using them.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, this looks very simple to do but looks
ReplyDeleteso effective!!!
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Lovely card Some people have said that it looks a simple card to make but I disagree because of the lining up of all of the layers with the Gemini pattern! Email coming re sizing Do you cut the Gemini first then trim or cut the matting layers and then cut the Gemini piece Just love the effect though
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletelovely card - aren't Gemini dies fab? I love them all.
Best wishes, Rose
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, I love the border and the way that you recess the focal element, must have a go at this. Have a good day and thanks for sharing,
Heather
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, what a fantastic design.
Hugs
Linda xx
Great card John, would be good for the men too! Pat x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, really classey
ReplyDeleteGreat card. Love the two blues together. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteTremendous Card I Love The Colour Palette You've Used, I Re: Watched You On Hochanda Where You Used One Of Your Outstanding Stamps On Acetate And Added Gilding Flakes, It's So Rich And Extremely Opulent I Must Give This A Try
Hugs From Sam x
Woooooooooow this is just gorgeous, love it all.
ReplyDeletesharon :)
WE are being treated to all these lovely things ..... must be Christmas coming
ReplyDeleteCrafty hugs Pen x
Oh dear just got my order for your latest items and one item missing. :( I am sure Hochanda will sort it out.
ReplyDeletexx
love this design & love the colours. Nice for ladies with out the flowers... for some of us who like the darker colours. xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteA great design,love it.
Lydia
X
Good morning John! I love the design and the colors of this card! I just received the die set in the mail yesterday, and I absolutely LOVE it! And this card is good inspiration for me to follow!!!! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteBrilliant, love it....luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteHello John
ReplyDeleteLove this card and the methods used. I always love your blue cards as they are one of my favourite colours.
Look forward to seeing Sue on Hochanda tomorrow.
Lol Barbara W xx
Lovely card made with some great dies.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Hi John lovely card and colour combination. As I am not that good at stamping I love making cards with dies so this is a great inspiration for me.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to She's shows.
Wendyxx
Hello John. Love the border and love the colour.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteTerrific use of the dies and great to see a real "John" card........paper engineering at its best.
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card today.
:-)
Lorna D
Hi John, great card! Nice to have, like you say, a masculine look about it and just add a couple of flowers to make it feminine xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDelete